Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Dear All,

I am so glad I have joined this forum before I have applied for our application for common-law sponsorship.

I'll share a little about us:

We have known each other since May 2011 and have been officially together since June 2011. She has shortly moved in to live with me and my family in July 2011. She had flew back to Japan in Oct 2011 to attend her school graduation ceremony and was planning to come back in a few weeks time with a working holiday visa. But unfortunately, she had an illness and was not able to fly back canada till end of Dec 2011. During that time she worked a temporary part-time job to pay for some of her hospital fees.

We have been living together again since Dec 2011 and will be applying for common-law July 2012 (this month).

Here's all the detail information I plan to provide for the inland sponsorship application:

-Joint bank account ($100/each for outside dining)
-Joint bank account ($50/each savings per month)
-Gym membership (same gym together)
-20pictures (each one with meaning of us spending time together)
-Daily skype chats, daily facebook messages (Screenshot'ed and will send as photos)
-Father & Mother letters - (acknowledging that we have been living together since July 2011 till current)
-2x Friend letters, signed by Notary - (1 friend each)
-Sent flowers to her in Japan while she gone away from country
-Gifts (necklace for valentines day and ring for 1 year anniversary together)
-My credit card paying for her monthly gym membership and cellphone bill
-Statutory declartion of Common-Law Union form
-2x Letter (Her and I) giving full details of events that occured since the beginning of our relationship till present

We are both living with my parents and I am a full-time student. We both havent paid for rent for the past year till recently due to her low income and mine as well.

Can you all please give me your feedback and suggest anything that we should include? We would really appreciate your help CV forum members.

PS - also do I filed my taxes as common-law for 2011 or as single? (I haven't filed my taxes yet..but will soon)

Sorry for being a thread hog lol..

Sincerely yours,
MisterBob

Elpit

Jul 7, 2012
please help! Who is going to apply this month or applied not long time ago! I am so confused!

We are applying inland. I have visitor visa and I am in Canada now. According to Guide 5289 all documents should be mailed to Vegreville, Alberta. However, CIC page says: "All new Family Class applications must first be mailed to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada" . What does it mean?

What should I put in Q4 IMM OOO8 form? cpc Vegreville or spc Mississauga? Where to mail all my documents?

Thank you!

sommer

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2012
Hello!

I heard we can go to US and back to Canada with Canada single entry visa. Is this true or hoax? My aunt is having hard time in US and I am the closest relative she has (distancewise). I would like to visit her in US. I am still waiting for my PR and I hold extended single entry tourist visa. Is it wise if I visit her?

I have been searching around about this, some said it is possible to go back and forth to US with single visa (well, we do have to apply for US visa indeed) but some other said it is not possible. Then I stumbled to this article: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/chile-chili/visas/trv-after-receiving_vrt-apres-recevoir.aspx?view=d

I quote the paragraph: Your single-entry visa will allow you repeated entries to Canada from the USA within the period authorized for your stay in Canada. The authorized period of stay is the time granted by the port of entry officer at the time of your original entry to Canada or, if you have been granted an extension, the period allowed by your extension.

However, if you leave Canada or the United States for another country within the period of your authorized stay, this is no longer applicable. You lose your temporary resident status once you leave Canada for another country other than the United States.

To re-enter Canada after leaving the country for a destination other than the US, you will require a multiple-entry visa. You cannot change a single-entry to a multiple-entry visa after it has been granted. You will then have to apply for a new Temporary Resident Visa.

Reading the paragraph above, sounds like its possible with single entry visa, but unfortunately that article can only be found on CIC Chile site. Does it means only works for Chilean passport holder?

Let me know what you think and advices :)

Thanks!

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
I hope i did this right.

Let me know if the link doesn't work.

Also feedback is welcome. Its pretty basic compared to other spreadsheets out there. If you feel i should add anything to like another category or something just let me know.

Also if i got your information wrong or your not up or i haven't updated your information, just send me a private message.

Hope everyone having a great day!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArrQkNcsLVotdDJOOWJlZkhVOEhCMHZCakNoa3UzVHc

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
Thank you very much, Buzybee!!

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
Hello all ,

Plz add me to ur list too ,i have applied for sponsorship of my hubby and 1.5yr old daughter.

Appl Recvd : 30th January 2012
Processting started: 5th May 2012

Also i have a question ,my daughter is here on TRV expiring in coming september ,i hav applied for her visa extension in the sponsorship appl package but havent heard anything about it since january.When shall i expect to hear about visa extension approval? or should i call CIC ?

sommer

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2012
Thank you so much Buzybee :)

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
buzybee said:
I hope i did this right.

Also feedback is welcome. Its pretty basic compared to other spreadsheets out there. If you feel i should add anything to like another category or something just let me know.

Also if i got your information wrong or your not up or i haven't updated your information, just send me a private message.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArrQkNcsLVotdDJOOWJlZkhVOEhCMHZCakNoa3UzVHc
Thanks Buzybee!
It's great :)
Have a nice day

switchtofrank

Apr 17, 2012
Hi there,

I sent off my application on the 3rd of April 2012 (family class) including the application for a open work permit (Vegreville). I'm on implied status right now and have the following problem: My job requires me to travel internationally > Can I apply for an extension (or a new) "Working Holiday Visa" to be able to travel for my company while I am on implied status? I also applied for an extension of my status as I applied for the open work permit but I'm not sure if I should wait or apply again independent from my PR application?

Thanks so much!!!

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
MisterBob said:
Dear All,

I am so glad I have joined this forum before I have applied for our application for common-law sponsorship.

We have known each other since May 2011 and have been officially together since June 2011. She has shortly moved in to live with me and my family in July 2011. She had flew back to Japan in Oct 2011 to attend her school graduation ceremony and was planning to come back in a few weeks time with a working holiday visa. But unfortunately, she had an illness and was not able to fly back canada till end of Dec 2011. During that time she worked a temporary part-time job to pay for some of her hospital fees.

We have been living together again since Dec 2011 and will be applying for common-law July 2012 (this month).

Here's all the detail information I plan to provide for the inland sponsorship application:

-Daily skype chats, daily facebook messages (Screenshot'ed and will send as photos)
-Father & Mother letters - (acknowledging that we have been living together since July 2011 till current)
-2x Letter (Her and I) giving full details of events that occured since the beginning of our relationship till present

We are both living with my parents and I am a full-time student. We both havent paid for rent for the past year till recently due to her low income and mine as well.

Can you all please give me your feedback and suggest anything that we should include? We would really appreciate your help CV forum members.

PS - also do I filed my taxes as common-law for 2011 or as single? (I haven't filed my taxes yet..but will soon)

Sincerely yours,
MisterBob
Hello there MisterBob,

The only thing i would say to check is to make sure that those 2 months she was in Japan don't count against you. I just wouldn't want you to apply and then have everything send back because of a technicality. From my understanding to be "common-law" you must live with your partner for a year. I would say to just check it doesn't mean a consecutive year. That would be my only concern in your situation.

About the taxes, we filled ours as common-law last year. Perhaps seeing an immigration lawyer would be better to answer that question.

good luck!

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
Elpit said:
please help! Who is going to apply this month or applied not long time ago! I am so confused!

We are applying inland. I have visitor visa and I am in Canada now. According to Guide 5289 all documents should be mailed to Vegreville, Alberta. However, CIC page says: "All new Family Class applications must first be mailed to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada" . What does it mean?

What should I put in Q4 IMM OOO8 form? cpc Vegreville or spc Mississauga? Where to mail all my documents?

Thank you!
Hi,

You're suppose to mail you package to Vegreville, AB. Mississauga is for Outland applicants.

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buzybee said:
I hope i did this right.

Hi buzybee. Nice 2012 spreadsheet. Thanks for including my timeline in your chart. Have a great summer to you. :)

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MisterBob said:
Dear All,

Sincerely yours,
MisterBob

Hi Mr. Bob. Thank you for sharing your story. Just want to share some important points:

1. There is a similar case posted in INLAND 2011 forum. Boy and girl lived in together in Canada for a period of 11 months straight, then submitted their PR inland application. Then after 10 months, they received a rejection letter from the CIC/visa office stating that they did not meet the required criteria under common law which is ONE YEAR OF CONTINUOUS COHABITING IN THE SAME HOUSE IN CANADA BETWEEN THE BOY AND GIRL. This is a very strict criteria, which is one of the key basis of the visa office in defining what common law relationship is. It has to be one year straight of live in--no gaps in between.

2. It doesn't matter if you have tons of evidence such as pictures, joint bank accounts, notarized letters and other supporting papers. The first thing they do is to evaluate the first criteria which is one year of continuous cohabiting (if applying under common law). But if you're applying as spouse (married legally), there is no cohabiting criteria.

3. If you noticed, in Item 1 of my comment above, I mentioned that the boy and girl that applied after 11 months of cohabiting were still rejected, even though that it took visa office 10 months before they processed their application. So 11 plus 10 months is equal to 21 months. Technically, that's already more than 1 year of cohabiting by the time visa office rejected their application. The reason is that the 1 year criteria should have been met already PRIOR to submitting your application. In your case, you can apply for PR only on Dec 2012 (that's 12 months after she arrived back in Canada on Dec 2011).

4. I will try to search for that specific post in INLAND 2011 forum about the applicant that got rejected last month. Will send you the link later.

I'm not discouraging you from applying today. Im just sharing what I read in the 2011 inland forum which is based on actual experience of one of the members.

HTH!

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mr. Bob.
Here's the link that takes you to the inland2011 case of rejected application due to failure to meet 12 month cohabiting criteria. Paste this to your browser address field if it doesn't load automatically.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t67267.0.html;msg1547770#msg1547770

If link doesnt load, go to canada visa.com, look for the inland application 2011 forum, then go to page 299, dated June 19, 2012,
9:16:33pm. There are 5 other replies under that post which are related to that. Thanks.

thanks.

MisterBob

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
buzybee said:
Hello there MisterBob,

The only thing i would say to check is to make sure that those 2 months she was in Japan don't count against you. I just wouldn't want you to apply and then have everything send back because of a technicality. From my understanding to be "common-law" you must live with your partner for a year. I would say to just check it doesn't mean a consecutive year. That would be my only concern in your situation.

About the taxes, we filled ours as common-law last year. Perhaps seeing an immigration lawyer would be better to answer that question.

good luck!
Hi Buzybee,

Thanks for replying to my response even though you are so busy ;D.

I have called the operator before and explained to her about my question and she said its okay as long as its a valid reason such as its business related or with a good reason to. But I always want to double check things such as asking others on this forum. I hope she's right but I will also call again soon to confirm!

This is what I found so far on a website:

"Common-law partner
This applies to a person who is not your spouse (see above), with whom you are living in a conjugal relationship, and to whom at least one of the following situations applies. He or she:

a) has been living with you in a conjugal relationship for at least 12 continuous months;

Note
The term "12 continuous months" in this definition includes any period that you were separated for less than 90 days (we were separated for 84 days) because of a breakdown in the relationship. For instance, if you and your spouse or common-law partner were separated for two months during the year, but reconciled before the end of the year, you are still considered to be married or living common-law for income tax purposes."

Source: Canada Revenue Agency ==> Marital status link (sorry cant post link)

That is from Canada Revenue Agency but I'm not sure if that applies for applying common-law situation.

I look forward in hearing from you and anyone else can help :)

Sincerely,
MisterBob