AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Received a letter from Edmonton Office today.. They have scheduled me for July 14th... yayyy finally getting there :D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
adzees said:
Received a letter from Edmonton Office today.. They have scheduled me for July 14th... yayyy finally getting there :D
CONGRATULATIONS! About time isn't it! ;) Hope you'll come back to let us know how your landing goes.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
adzees said:
Yay adzees, fantastic news!!! Congrats!

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, thanks for the warm welcome!

fleurette said:
Hi angtao!
I did not apply for OWP with my PR application too because we were afraid it to be denied before we get the first stage approval.
In the case if i do not get both stage approval at the same time, we decided to send the necessary form after getting AIP.
And one Call Centre Agent recommended to sent this form via an usual mail, but to Unit 555. He said that this unit processes OWP faster and we can get the OWP in 30 days.

I do not know if it is true because this information does not matched to the OWP processing time presented on the CIC website. But i am going to use this way if i get AIP soon.

May be it helps...
Please, make sure you check the info about the 555 office, because before I sent my appl. for the OWP I called CIC and the agent made sure I was sending to the correct office (even though there are different offices that accept WPs). She said, for example, if I am applying for a OWP e send to a different/wrong WP office they would most likely return the application and it would delay everything A LOT!

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
CEC said:
Hello guys, thanks for the warm welcome!

Please, make sure you check the info about the 555 office, because before I sent my appl. for the OWP I called CIC and the agent made sure I was sending to the correct office (even though there are different offices that accept WPs). She said, for example, if I am applying for a OWP e send to a different/wrong WP office they would most likely return the application and it would delay everything A LOT!
Hi CEC!
Thank you for your warnings!
We will definitely call CIC to learn more about this process.

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...
fleurette said:
Hi CEC!
Thank you for your warnings!
We will definitely call CIC to learn more about this process.
and please let us know, it is a very interesting topic to me as well :)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Do they call landing an examination interview? And what is social service benefits??

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
lemony_20 said:
and please let us know, it is a very interesting topic to me as well :)
Sure!!! just let me get AIP at first :)

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Happy Canada Day to all the inlanders!!! 8) Have a good rest and enjoy the long weekend together with your family! :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

It is also my 1 month anniversary of being a PR. Yay! What are you all doing today? We plan to have BBQ and hopefully see the fireworks. I made a cake with both the US and Canada flag on it. One end US flag and other end Canada flag. I decided to celebrate them both together since I love both my home countries and the holidays fall at about the same time. :p Hope you all have a holiday weekend with your family. Take time to relax and have fun.

P.S. Those that have me on FB can see the cake there.

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...
Love_Young said:
HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

It is also my 1 month anniversary of being a PR. Yay! What are you all doing today? We plan to have BBQ and hopefully see the fireworks. I made a cake with both the US and Canada flag on it. One end US flag and other end Canada flag. I decided to celebrate them both together since I love both my home countries and the holidays fall at about the same time. :p Hope you all have a holiday weekend with your family. Take time to relax and have fun.

P.S. Those that have me on FB can see the cake there.
Happy Canada day to you too and Congratulations on your 1 month anniversary!

Today is 8 months since we sent in our App and 12 days until our 1 year wedding anniversary. My in laws have invited me to see a garden and then out to lunch. I am wishing my family back home a great 4th of July while celebrating Canada day here. I hope you all have a great day and we hear more good news from CIC soon :)

islandgirl25

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
hello everyone..i am new to this thread. we will be applying inland this coming september! A few questions, I am a Bahamian citizen living in the US, from my understanding i do not need a visa to enter Canada. But to apply inland, I need to have a temporary resident status??? How do I go about that? Also, I ave meds done here in the US in March. Will I be able to use those meds?thanks

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they call landing interview but its not and for me it was less than ten minutes at calgary cic
social services benefits are all welfares so its no for you
decision made on 7th june 2011 they called me for landing on 8th but didn't pick up they emailed me on 15th june about my landing on 17th so i went for landing on 17th my schedule was between 1:30-1:45 so it took us about 6minutes only um now landed immigrants my ecas says my case is complete ,adzees i wish u all the best on that day
adzees said:
Do they call landing an examination interview? And what is social service benefits??

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
islandgirl25 said:
I am a Bahamian citizen living in the US, from my understanding i do not need a visa to enter Canada. But to apply inland, I need to have a temporary resident status??? How do I go about that?
Indeed, since you're from the Bahamas (part of the commonwealth) you can come on the visa waiver program. However, for the inland application, you don't necessarily need a temporary residency status. However, it'll save a bunch of worries sitting out the waiting game with a status other then just a tourist.

islandgirl25 said:
Also, I ave meds done here in the US in March. Will I be able to use those meds?
No, Canada has it's own medicals and institution to send them to. I doubt that the US medicals are exactly the same, and that you can retrieve the proper results and have them send to Ottawa by a recognized doctor.