+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

islandgirl25

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Jurjen said:
Indeed, since you're from the Bahamas (part of the commonwealth) you can come on the visa waiver program. However, for the inland application, you don't necessarily need a temporary residency status. However, it'll save a bunch of worries sitting out the waiting game with a status other then just a tourist.
No, Canada has it's own medicals and institution to send them to. I doubt that the US medicals are exactly the same, and that you can retrieve the proper results and have them send to Ottawa by a recognized doctor.
thank you so much! the meds were done originally for the "outland" process..so it was done by a DMP..how soon will I be able to change my "tourist" status? thanks again

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Jurjen said:
Indeed, since you're from the Bahamas (part of the commonwealth) you can come on the visa waiver program. However, for the inland application, you don't necessarily need a temporary residency status. However, it'll save a bunch of worries sitting out the waiting game with a status other then just a tourist.
No, Canada has it's own medicals and institution to send them to. I doubt that the US medicals are exactly the same, and that you can retrieve the proper results and have them send to Ottawa by a recognized doctor.
Well islandgirl25, you could not obtain an actual "temporary resident permit" because that is a different document all together that is only given to those normally inadmissible to Canada. You would not need a visa to enter Canada. It is recommended that you have your spouse with you when you go to the border and speak on your behalf. They will need to do most of the talking unless of course they ask you a question. They will then state that they will be providing for you during your stay and would like that you remain in Canada for the duration of the PR application process. Bring at least a receipt for proof of already paying for the application process to show that you will be applying soon. In which case they will hopefully give you a "Visitor Record" that will be a document that states how long you can stay and when you must apply to extend your stay. They may also give you a stamp in your passport. Either way you will need documented proof of when you crossed the border to extend your stay. Usually you need to apply to extend it 30 days before your status in due to expire. During the wait time, you will "implied status" which means you are still allowed to stay on visitor terms while you wait for a decision to be made.

You can also do what many of us have done and with the original submission of your PR application, you can submit an application for an Open Work Permit with the PR application and have it received before your status expires. This will keep you in valid status for the duration of the processing and then if approved for Approval In Principle (9-10 months after it was received) then you will be given a work permit along with the sponsor/applicant approval for PR. This will allow you in most provinces to get healthcare coverage and you can get a SIN and will be able to work during the duration until you actually land as a PR of Canada. But note, you can only apply for the OWP with an inland application and you want to do it the way mentioned above. And of course if you so chose, you may also after sending off your PR application, submit an extension of your stay separately from the PR application and mention that you are waiting on the decision of your inland application. It should be approved because they know that with an inland application, you aren't not recommended to leave Canada. No matter what, do not subject yourself to being illegal or the worries that follow it. Always keep yourself in valid status.

As far as the medical goes, the steps for Outland and Inland are different as far as forms go but the medical procedure is the same and its results do get sent to the same location from the doctors to Ottawa no matter whether you get Inland or Outland done. But I would recommend you talk to the DMP you went to, to the CIC agents, and to members like Leon, rjessome, PMM, and RobsLuv for how to go about switching your Outland medical to an Inland medical properly. Also, you should also remember that medicals are only valid for 12 months from the time you get it done.

islandgirl25

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Love_Young said:
Well islandgirl25, you could not obtain an actual "temporary resident permit" because that is a different document all together that is only given to those normally inadmissible to Canada. You would not need a visa to enter Canada. It is recommended that you have your spouse with you when you go to the border and speak on your behalf. They will need to do most of the talking unless of course they ask you a question. They will then state that they will be providing for you during your stay and would like that you remain in Canada for the duration of the PR application process. Bring at least a receipt for proof of already paying for the application process to show that you will be applying soon. In which case they will hopefully give you a "Visitor Record" that will be a document that states how long you can stay and when you must apply to extend your stay. They may also give you a stamp in your passport. Either way you will need documented proof of when you crossed the border to extend your stay. Usually you need to apply to extend it 30 days before your status in due to expire. During the wait time, you will "implied status" which means you are still allowed to stay on visitor terms while you wait for a decision to be made.

You can also do what many of us have done and with the original submission of your PR application, you can submit an application for an Open Work Permit with the PR application and have it received before your status expires. This will keep you in valid status for the duration of the processing and then if approved for Approval In Principle (9-10 months after it was received) then you will be given a work permit along with the sponsor/applicant approval for PR. This will allow you in most provinces to get healthcare coverage and you can get a SIN and will be able to work during the duration until you actually land as a PR of Canada. But note, you can only apply for the OWP with an inland application and you want to do it the way mentioned above. And of course if you so chose, you may also after sending off your PR application, submit an extension of your stay separately from the PR application and mention that you are waiting on the decision of your inland application. It should be approved because they know that with an inland application, you aren't not recommended to leave Canada. No matter what, do not subject yourself to being illegal or the worries that follow it. Always keep yourself in valid status.

As far as the medical goes, the steps for Outland and Inland are different as far as forms go but the medical procedure is the same and its results do get sent to the same location from the doctors to Ottawa no matter whether you get Inland or Outland done. But I would recommend you talk to the DMP you went to, to the CIC agents, and to members like Leon, rjessome, PMM, and RobsLuv for how to go about switching your Outland medical to an Inland medical properly. Also, you should also remember that medicals are only valid for 12 months from the time you get it done.
wow!! thank you so much!! this is a BIG HELP!!! we were going to cross the border as just "boy friend and girl friend" we were not going to be truthful..thank you so much!!!

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
I am starting to get flustered (I can tell because for the first time ever in the immigration process I began crying the other day). My application arrived on Sept. 14th and I still haven't heard anything, when I called the CIC last Thursday they didn't have any new information for me, I don't understand why I still haven't heard... :mad:

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Teriskier said:
I am starting to get flustered (I can tell because for the first time ever in the immigration process I began crying the other day). My application arrived on Sept. 14th and I still haven't heard anything, when I called the CIC last Thursday they didn't have any new information for me, I don't understand why I still haven't heard... :mad:
I just think it's due to the Canada Post back up. You sent yours around the Canada Post strike, so there is a lot of back logged stuff. It is VERY frustrating. Especially seeing people on the same timeline as you and they just seem to be skipping right on by.

flower07

Jul 23, 2010
I finally got my landing appointment - 11 July. 8)

It's funny how quickly can things turn around once they approve your application - I started working about 2 months ago and now landing :) What else could I ask for??

Good luck everyone and enjoy your summer.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
CONGRATULATIONS flower07, that is wonderful news. What office will you be landing at?

Teriskier: OMG, I understand just how frustrated you must be. And I was in a similar situation. I had people weeks after me get approved and I just sat wondering what was going on then one day it happened. I cried for the first time too when I was that close. I just hope that you can find some strength within yourself and if you can't. We will be here for you. Wishing you all the luck in the world. :-* Stay strong!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
islandgirl25 said:
wow!! thank you so much!! this is a BIG HELP!!! we were going to cross the border as just "boy friend and girl friend" we were not going to be truthful..thank you so much!!!
You're most welcome islandgirl25. Just remember, at the border it is okay to be truthful but you don't have to offer too much information. So you can admit that you are wife and husband, bring your marriage certificate with you and proof of paying for the PR application to show that you both know the rules, that you can't live their permanently until you are a PR but yet you are making the necessary steps to get there. He does not need to specify which process you are going through (aka outland or inland) but just that you are putting the application together and would like to remain together during the process but that you will leave and have the necessary funds to do so if needed. As I said before though, do not offer them more information than what they are asking for and let your hubby do the talking unless they want to hear something from you.

Here is a website for tips on getting the "visitor record" which is mostly towards American/Canadian couples but it could also go for any visa exempt couple. Hope it helps. http://www.us2canada.com/visitor_record.html

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
I just saw in the other forum someone applied on September 24th got decision made. :)

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
I am just not sure whether to call everyday or just wait it out...

any advice?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Teriskier said:

any advice?
Well from experience, I know that calling everyday can be a heart break but at the same time you wonder everyday if maybe you should have called. I used to call every other day. And the funny thing is, I got AIP approval on May 18th and I called that day and they said there wasn't an answer, I call the next day and there was. So you just go with what you are comfortable with really. Good luck! :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
By the way I just want to say something to all my American friends in here. I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July and have lots of fun!

islandgirl25

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Love_Young said:
You're most welcome islandgirl25. Just remember, at the border it is okay to be truthful but you don't have to offer too much information. So you can admit that you are wife and husband, bring your marriage certificate with you and proof of paying for the PR application to show that you both know the rules, that you can't live their permanently until you are a PR but yet you are making the necessary steps to get there. He does not need to specify which process you are going through (aka outland or inland) but just that you are putting the application together and would like to remain together during the process but that you will leave and have the necessary funds to do so if needed. As I said before though, do not offer them more information than what they are asking for and let your hubby do the talking unless they want to hear something from you.

Here is a website for tips on getting the "visitor record" which is mostly towards American/Canadian couples but it could also go for any visa exempt couple. Hope it helps. http://www.us2canada.com/visitor_record.html
*kisses* you have been so helpful..thank you so much!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
islandgirl25 said:
*kisses* you have been so helpful..thank you so much!
Aww thanks! :-* I am just so glad I am able to help some. Let us know how everything goes.

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Teriskier said:

any advice?
Hi Teriskier!!

If I were you I would call everyday. You are close and if it is not today it could be tomorrow. Call everyday until you get good news!
Pepe