Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Whiteapple I am still waiting too....mine arrived on the 13th. I am going to call tomorrow to check but this is killing me, it is making me think there maybe something wrong!

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...
adzees, Thank you for your answer.

jhjeppe, I did add you on facebook :) I don't mind if others add me either, please put a personal message in the add so I know you are from this forum! :) http://facebook.com/lemonsrock

CEC, Welcome! :)

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...
angtao said:
Hey guys,

I have a question. We did not apply for an open work permit with our PR application. Does anyone know when we can apply for one? When they send you the AIP letter, can you take it somewhere and get a SIN number? I am confused on how this works.

Did anyone send there app without the OWP?
This is a good question. I also did not apply for the OWP with my application.
The only option I know is once we receive AIP we can apply online or by mail, takes 73 days by paper or 54 by online you can find processing times here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

couver

Jun 24, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 29 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 12, 2010
jhjeppe said:
Hi, I am new to this forum.

Here is my current timeline

App: inland spousal sponsorship

27th October 2010 - application received
12th October 2010 - Medicals done
6th April 2011 - Additional info sent

Still waiting, have not heard a single word out of them.
Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new too.
I'm 2 days behind you - Received on Oct 29 and began processing on Dec. 9, 2010. Does your online status mention that they have begun processing your file? It must, if they are acknowledging additional info sent. Crossing my fingers to have AIP by August.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
couver said:
Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new too.
I'm 2 days behind you - Received on Oct 29 and began processing on Dec. 9, 2010. Does your online status mention that they have begun processing your file? It must, if they are acknowledging additional info sent. Crossing my fingers to have AIP by August.
I am very close to the same timeline as you, however I have received no request for additional information. If I may ask, what additional information did they request from you? I am a little surprisd to have heard absolutely nothing from them.

"We received your application for permanent residence on November 1, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 15, 2010.

We started processing your application on February 25, 2011.

We returned your application with a letter on December 15, 2010. You may re-apply or resubmit your application when the information requested is provided. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting "

I have no idea what effect returning the application will have. They didn't change the original reciept date. I am hopeful that they have recognised that the application return was their mistake.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
If people are still waiting for mail: it's possible it will take a bit longer. Mail carriers are back to work, but the management is appearently now holding mail hostage!!
Either to make the postal workers look bad, or otherwise to screw with their statistics showing to the government that their employees are screw-ups and that they need to cut back on expenses.

See: http://www.cupw.ca/index.cfm/ci_id/13425/la_id/1.htm

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Hey guys,
I have a question. We did not apply for an open work permit with our PR application. Does anyone know when we can apply for one? When they send you the AIP letter, can you take it somewhere and get a SIN number? I am confused on how this works.
You can only apply for the OWP when you have received AIP. Then when you are issued your OWP you will be able to apply for the temporary SIN.

That's what I did, since I didn't send my OWP with my entire app..
Once I received my AIP letter, I filled the work permit form, attached the AIP+sponsor letters, and explained that I had been given AIP and wanted to be able to work. Then 40 days later I got my OWP, then I went to Service Canada(with my OWP) and got a SIN. :)

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...
boasorte said:
You can only apply for the OWP when you have received AIP. Then when you are issued your OWP you will be able to apply for the temporary SIN.

That's what I did, since I didn't send my OWP with my entire app..
Once I received my AIP letter, I filled the work permit form, attached the AIP+sponsor letters, and explained that I had been given AIP and wanted to be able to work. Then 40 days later I got my OWP, then I went to Service Canada(with my OWP) and got a SIN. :)
Thank you for sharing that. It is what I intend to do but it seems processing times have gone up a bit T_T

lhet_sept2010

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-09-12
LANDED..........
23-09-2011
angtao said:
Hey guys,

Hi angtao! I didn't include OWP when I passed my application. I requested for the package before and they send me without the OWP permit, i didn't realize before that I can include OWP with the application.

After you get AIP you can apply for one.

**PRAY HARD COZ IT REALLY WORKS!

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
angtao said:
Hey guys,

Hi angtao!
I did not apply for OWP with my PR application too because we were afraid it to be denied before we get the first stage approval.
In the case if i do not get both stage approval at the same time, we decided to send the necessary form after getting AIP.
And one Call Centre Agent recommended to sent this form via an usual mail, but to Unit 555. He said that this unit processes OWP faster and we can get the OWP in 30 days.

I do not know if it is true because this information does not matched to the OWP processing time presented on the CIC website. But i am going to use this way if i get AIP soon.

May be it helps...

couver

Jun 24, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 29 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 12, 2010
annabruce said:
I am very close to the same timeline as you, however I have received no request for additional information. If I may ask, what additional information did they request from you? I am a little surprisd to have heard absolutely nothing from them.

"We received your application for permanent residence on November 1, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 15, 2010.

We started processing your application on February 25, 2011.

We returned your application with a letter on December 15, 2010. You may re-apply or resubmit your application when the information requested is provided. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting "

I have no idea what effect returning the application will have. They didn't change the original reciept date. I am hopeful that they have recognised that the application return was their mistake.

You might want to call the cic info line about the return and the subsequent processing date. It looks like a mistake on their part. I didn't actually send them any additional info, but because my medical results were sent separately (from the clinic), I think they arrived later and that's what the "requested information" is. That's my best guess, because I included everything else, including medical receipts, in my application.
Other than that, I think your AIP would come through sometime in October, since they re-started processing in February. Good luck!

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello CEC welcome,

I think your case and mine are almost the same, Bosorte is right they will add your police clearance at any time.

Me (Mark_Anna) & Theresa_Lynn are waiting for our police clearance document to add in their profile.

I got my 1st stage, O.w.p & police clearance request letter on 6th April 2011.

I sent it & they receive my police clearance on 30th May 2011 so now after 3 months on or around 6th July 2011 they will add it.

I am still waiting for their reply or e-cas oe even phone call.

Thanks

lhet_sept2010

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-09-12
LANDED..........
23-09-2011
yyi said:
Hi there,
Anyone got letter from CIC this week?
They sent a letter for me about the decision last June 20, 2011 and I'm still waiting..
I called CIC today, they said the letter is all about the AIP and i should be getting it today or early next week due to the strike..

Goodluck to all of us Inlanders!

MY TIMELINE
sept 12, 2010 - application sent
sept 15, 2010 - application received
nov 3, 2010 - application processed
june 20, 2011 - officer requested passport to be faxed
june 20, 2011 - decision made

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........