Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
LauraCanada said:
I did my medicals in Scarborough (ON) and 1 week after the doctor sent them to Ottawa, then Ottawa sent the results to Vegreville. In general it takes at the most a couple of months (in my case it was 1,5 month).
Fingers crossed for you!!!
Thanks Laura! I wonder if my hubby should go and do the medicals before the letter arrives....hmm. It should be the same thing as the original one I assume? That way we are saving a week or two in waiting time. SO debating this right now ....I am determined to get to Europe for Christmas hehehe :)

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-10-26.asp

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
micanada said:
Note that this only applies to applications filed on or after today.

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
micanada said:
I fully support measures such as these to stop fraudulant PRs. Maybe us couples with real relationships and marriages will have an easier prosses...well at least those in the FUTURE. :)

I have heard sooooo many horror stories from people as to what they or their friends have gone through...its so sad how some people take advantage of other people - people are doing ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to get to canada...the "promissed" land.

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
just a quick question ppl....just got an update on my ecas.....it now says medical results have been received.....still waiting on the montreal office to contact me with regards to that letter i got after aip which stated that the montreal office might contact me for an interview or to request further information.........do u guys think once i provide montreal with wht they need......will my file go back to vegreville.....or will montreal call me for a landing interview directly?

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
Zion786 said:
just a quick question ppl....just got an update on my ecas.....it now says medical results have been received.....still waiting on the montreal office to contact me with regards to that letter i got after aip which stated that the montreal office might contact me for an interview or to request further information.........do u guys think once i provide montreal with wht they need......will my file go back to vegreville.....or will montreal call me for a landing interview directly?
I dont see why it would go back to Vegreville. Your letter stated interview and you allready have your AIP. Now that you medicals are done montreal should be contacting you direct for a landing date. I have a feeling we might be in the same situation as you. We are waiting for letters to confirm that but Ido know that my husband needs to redo medicals.

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
curious_one said:
I dont see why it would go back to Vegreville. Your letter stated interview and you allready have your AIP. Now that you medicals are done montreal should be contacting you direct for a landing date. I have a feeling we might be in the same situation as you. We are waiting for letters to confirm that but Ido know that my husband needs to redo medicals.
hi thank you for your reply......usually once u get the aip the next letter informs u that the process is. complete and that the local office will contact u for the landing....that's not what I got.....my letter states that it's been transfered for further assessment .....I've sent my medicals which I only did after the aip so it's no issue with the medicals.....plus my aip says mess received....I also sent a copy of my passport and police certificate from Pakistan as the aip requested.....this letter of transfer to Montreal hence doesn't make a lot of sence ......did u get a letter after aip stating that ur file has been transfered to the local office for further assessment and additional info or an interview may be required.......as far as I know I'm the only guy experiencing this anomaly

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
Zion786 said:
hi thank you for your reply......usually once u get the aip the next letter informs u that the process is. complete and that the local office will contact u for the landing....that's not what I got.....my letter states that it's been transfered for further assessment .....I've sent my medicals which I only did after the aip so it's no issue with the medicals.....plus my aip says mess received....I also sent a copy of my passport and police certificate from Pakistan as the aip requested.....this letter of transfer to Montreal hence doesn't make a lot of sence ......did u get a letter after aip stating that ur file has been transfered to the local office for further assessment and additional info or an interview may be required.......as far as I know I'm the only guy experiencing this anomaly
No sorry - we havent received any letters yet all I know is that we have AIP but we are checking the mail everyday for the letter to see what they say. Hmm Im not sure then...it may must be an interview before PR - maybe to verify relationship is authentic. Either way i wouldnt worry about it too much because they gave you AIP which they wouldnt have if there were any problems. Dont worry - relax and just wait for them to contact you with the date :)

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
curious_one said:
No sorry - we havent received any letters yet all I know is that we have AIP but we are checking the mail everyday for the letter to see what they say. Hmm Im not sure then...it may must be an interview before PR - maybe to verify relationship is authentic. Either way i wouldnt worry about it too much because they gave you AIP which they wouldnt have if there were any problems. Dont worry - relax and just wait for them to contact you with the date :)
it can't be an interview to verify wheather relationship is genuine.....that's always before aip.....when u get the aip that means they don't doubt the relationship....this is in my view an interview or request for further info with regards to the background check

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Hi, Everyone! ;D ;D :D :eek: :eek: :-* :-* :-* :)

I went for my interview to TODAY!! I didn't sleep the whole night last night! I was so pleasantly surprised how easy and nice that guy was that interviewed us i Actually thought I would have to do a full interview but all it was, he made sure my name and address is correct and I had to do couple of signatures where it says "have been convicted of a crime = No" have you been ordered to leave or refused entry=No"

so the whole thing took few minutes, and we went to hallways beside it where a lady was there that took my old temp sin# and gave me a permanent sin#
I can't believe how easy and nice they were. the "interview was so quick that I didn't even realize I was done that quick lol"
we are soooo happy, we feel so relieved! I wish the best for everyone of you! I hope you all get the best news very soon. there are many great people in this forum who try to always help, I appreciate every little info I was given here. be positive people it will come for you guys too. now finally we can focus on our lives better.

cheers everyone!!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kitchener_inland said:

I went for my interview to TODAY!! I didn't sleep the whole night last night! I was so pleasantly surprised how easy and nice that guy was that interviewed us i Actually thought I would have to do a full interview but all it was, he made sure my name and address is correct and I had to do couple of signatures where it says "have been convicted of a crime = No" have you been ordered to leave or refused entry=No"

so the whole thing took few minutes, and we went to hallways beside it where a lady was there that took my old temp sin# and gave me a permanent sin#
I can't believe how easy and nice they were. the "interview was so quick that I didn't even realize I was done that quick lol"
we are soooo happy, we feel so relieved! I wish the best for everyone of you! I hope you all get the best news very soon. there are many great people in this forum who try to always help, I appreciate every little info I was given here. be positive people it will come for you guys too. now finally we can focus on our lives better.

cheers everyone!!

Congrats and welcome to Canada!!!!! I mean as a new pr

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
kitchener_inland said:

cheers everyone!!
Congratulations, always nice to see one of us finally landing :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kitchener_inland said:
Landing interviews really are an anti-climax to the whole process - but the genuine sense of relief afterwards is very real.

Congratulations kitchener_inland!

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
kitchener_inland said:

cheers everyone!!
Congrats... By the way which office you landed at ?

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Thank you so much everyone!! I appreciate it so much. I can't describe with words how I feel right now. we are so anxious to go visit my parents as soon as we can, I haven't seen them for years and my wife haven't seen them either.

cheers! ;)