Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
computergeek said:
I suspect but do not know that if you have landed by the time they get to your work permit application, they will just terminate it anyway. To be eligible for a work permit you must be a foreign national, and as a permanent resident you aren't even eligible to apply for one. But yes, you can send a letter to Vegreville asking to have your application withdrawn. In my case, we used an attorney for the work permit (because I had a judicial review application ongoing) and he will withdraw the work permit application once I've landed.
I called CIC today and they suggested to wait bit longer at least until beginning of November too as you said and they said even if you do apply and you get landing interview before that then you can send a copy of your payment receipt and they will refund you. she gave me the address where to send it.
the weird thing was that when I told them my E-cas says "DM" and when should I be expecting a letter they said it "DM" doesn't mean its finalized and they said it shows still "in process" in their end which doesn't really make much sense, How can our e-cas be different from them? ???

nida786

Oct 1, 2012
hi there,

i am new to this forum and was found this site really helpful.. please let me know some of the questions I have regarding my case...

I have filed an inland application in december 2011 and I recieved AIP last week ... they are asking for medical which I am going to do it pretty soon but I am also a refugee claimant and my hearing is on October 10th 2012 which is next week.. could some one let me know if it is safe at this point to withdraw from refugee board and let them know my current situation or proceed with hearing? I am so confused and double minded right now... any help is appreciated.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
nida786 said:
i am new to this forum and was found this site really helpful.. please let me know some of the questions I have regarding my case...

I have filed an inland application in december 2011 and I recieved AIP last week ... they are asking for medical which I am going to do it pretty soon but I am also a refugee claimant and my hearing is on October 10th 2012 which is next week.. could some one let me know if it is safe at this point to withdraw from refugee board and let them know my current situation or proceed with hearing? I am so confused and double minded right now... any help is appreciated.
Welcome to the forum.

Did you also apply for an open work permit at the same time? If so, you'll be getting your open work permit soon. Otherwise, I'd suggest that you file for your open work permit. That provides you with legal status in Canada.

Are you working with an attorney on your refugee claim? If so, I'd suggest speaking with your attorney. You can also discuss it with the IRB tribunal. There's certainly nothing that prevents you from continuing with your refugee claim, but other than eliminating the need to proceed with the hearing, I'm not really sure what benefit (or potential costs) there would be to terminating the hearing. For example, do you anticipate any problems in your second stage application?

So, I would make sure that you won't be issued a removal order if you withdraw your refugee claim. I'd confirm that you do have legal status in Canada so that your inland application won't be jeopardized. Then move forward from that point.

Good luck!

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
xxpazaway said:
If you are the applicant and it says in your e-cas is decision made an you got the mail or email and it sayd it has been completed, then you are just waiting or your landing interview. Dont listen to what the call center says to you because most of them they dont know what they are doing! Trust you intinct and have faith that everything is ok and will be finish soon! Good luck and stay calm and relax! God Speed!
Thank you Xxpazaway. I am living in Ottawa, not sure how long it takes to get the landing letter?

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
vinlander said:
If decision made appears for Permanent residence in ECAS and you got a email confirming decision made for Permanence Residence, then the problem was on the other side of the phone...
Thank you Vinlander

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
nida786 said:
hi there,

Hi, nida786

I came here as a refugee first too but the circumstances changed and when my wife and I got married we applied for inland sponsorship. I still have my work permit from my refugee claim and kept it open by extending it. my Refugee claim got refused and I have to do reports every month to CBCA but we already received AIP! (Approval In Principle) which basically is the first stage. I still have to do reports to cbsa until my second stage is approved.
so as you computergeek mentioned you should apply for open work permit since you have AIP that way even if something negative happens to your refugee claim you could still be legal with your OWP here.
now i'm not sure what is your situation with refugee and I don't know if you can have simultaneously 2 applications going, but if you call CIC they might have an answer for that. the first thing I would do though is to apply for OWP.

Again the best would be to Call CIC or an attorney that is familiar with your situation.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kitchener_inland said:
I don't know if you can have simultaneously 2 applications going
This I do know - you are permitted to have multiple applications ongoing simultaneously. I've been in exactly this situation (FSW application that was rejected and then subject to a successful leave application with a pending JR application hearing and a second spousal application that was pushed through quickly by CIC, presumably because they thought they were going to lose the JR application.)

This isn't a NORMAL situation, but it is allowed.

And again, I'd strongly encourage the OP to get that open work permit, regardless of what happens with the refugee claim.

ineedhelp1981

Jun 1, 2012
Hi, i just got my AIP in mail yesterday from spousal inland application.
I don`t have a status. But my previous status was a refugee claimant
which i withdraw last january ( that leaving me with no status).
i had a work permit from the refugee claim until August 2012.
Now, i want to apply for OWP. Can somebody please help me. Thank you.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
Finally AIP......whoooooooooo
Called this morning and decision was made yesterday.
Letter and OWP in the mail

HAPPY HAPPY DANCE :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
OMG!

Just got the "decision made" from my second stage approval. Omg! I am so happy! Hope to get the letter soon.

Wondering the landing letter comes separately?

I called CIC and they told me that my landing office is Etobicoke. They will schedule an interview soon, probably around end of Oct.

Wondering anyone knows how long will it take for the etobicoke?

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
kitchener_inland said:
can someone who has got the 2nd stage tell me please how long did it take to get a mail from CIC after the e-cas changed from "in process" to "DM"?

my e-cas changed to "DM" on Friday, Sep, 28

thank you
Mine just changed on sept 26th.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
missha said:
OMG!

Just got the "decision made" from my second stage approval. Omg! I am so happy! Hope to get the letter soon.

I called CIC and they told me that my landing office is Etobicoke. They will schedule an interview soon, probably around end of Oct.

Congrats :) :)

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
missha said:
OMG!

Congrats!! I never got a second stage letter..just AIP then 6 months later...the landing letter with date enclosed. So not sure how it will go in your case.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
missha said:
OMG!

Hahah, nice to see you again here, I thought you finished long ago missha. Anyway, good news for you is Etobicoke is much faster than Scarborough. You can look at Johnanna's time, she got the landing interview appointment already (just around 1 or 2 weeks after 2nd stage approval). Congrats to you.

Can anyone tell me if I go and get my OHIP now (after AIP and 2nd stage approval but not landing yet), how long the expiry on OHIP card? Do I have to renew it right after getting my PR? Since I should start working soon, I need my health to cover even though I know it's just about 3 more months (1 for landing interview, 2 for waiting PR card) I will finish my application. If I apply for OHIP now, I should get the OHIP card by the time my PR card comes ;D, but still under the cover earlier tho. Working in the winter isn't a good start but nothing to complain to me. Just think about covering my health first.

For SIN, I think I have to apply for now to land on the job, after getting PR, I will change it one more time. Please share me the experience guys!

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
missha said:
OMG!

congrats!!! :)