+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
mila_mac said:
Hi guys! I finally landed on the 21-st of June, Scarborough office... as it was said before, the landing is super quick and easy, there were only 2 questions - if I commited any crime or if I had any dependant children(all the landing took 5 mins). I was a little bit nervous, I guess because I was realizing that this was it and when the lady told me - congratulations! I had tears in my eyes. Then another 5 minutes to get my new sin number and I was on the way home. Now it will take 6-8 weeks to get my PR card and I will be able to go back home and see my mom!
One more thing - I heard that you can apply for a travel document if you don't want to wait for a pr card...cause it takes 4 weeks to get the travel doc...apparently you only can apply for one if you are a refugee, not a sponsored person.
well, I guess 6-8 weks is not so bad, after 1.5 years of waiting..
So, Good luck everybody! It's coming!!!!! :)
Congratulations mila_mac!!!

If you have a multiple entry visitor visa which is NOT expire, you can travel.
I just got my AIP and OWP the other day, so I went to the US. When I came back, she asked me if I was living in Canada, I said yes and my wife is sponsoring me, and I just received my AIP and OWP. She only asked me one question: "Do you have it with you?" I told her yes, and gave her the OWP. She stamped my passport and put the OWP# on the stamp.

I was here already for a year, and didn't renew my status before the 6 months because people told me that here in Quebec I was going to get AIP in 5 months which it didn't happen because it is the same for every province, I found out about it after I did my own research. So, I was going to renew my status last month to go to the US, and come back without any problem, but I found out that I had to pay $200 as a penalty because my status was expired + $75 to renew the status, so I said no, I'm getting my AIP and OWP next month, I'll leave then. So I did, and only spent $20 in gas round trip.

Good luck!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
theinlander said:
Congratulations mila_mac!!!

If you have a multiple entry visitor visa which is NOT expire, you can travel.
I just got my AIP and OWP the other day, so I went to the US. When I came back, she asked me if I was living in Canada, I said yes and my wife is sponsoring me, and I just received my AIP and OWP. She only asked me one question: "Do you have it with you?" I told her yes, and gave her the OWP. She stamped my passport and put the OWP# on the stamp.

I was here already for a year, and didn't renew my status before the 6 months because people told me that here in Quebec I was going to get AIP in 5 months which it didn't happen because it is the same for every province, I found out about it after I did my own research. So, I was going to renew my status last month to go to the US, and come back without any problem, but I found out that I had to pay $200 as a penalty because my status was expired + $75 to renew the status, so I said no, I'm getting my AIP and OWP next month, I'll leave then. So I did, and only spent $20 in gas round trip.

Good luck!
The Inlander, How did you travel...are you from a visa exmpt country? if your vistor visa expiered that means you did not have valid visa. were you able to get both the US and canadian Visa with AIP/OWP?????

nitohah

Jun 23, 2012
missha said:
Hi,

I thought to start a thread for Inland Immigration Application for the year 2011, so it can be a help for people to talk about immigration updates during the process.

Let us share the story, explain what you upto during your wait. Also post your current timeline so we can have an idea of each other progress and lets help each others.

Stay Happy and hopeful! :)

nitohah

Jun 23, 2012
Hi guys,
I come across this trend few weeks ago and i'm so luck to do so as i have read a lot of your posting, any i will be happy is you can add me to your trend. I'm married to a Canadian and we send our application in July 2011 and was received by CIC vegreville on 4th August 2011, i was able to log in to check but all it's said is application received on 4th August for few months, until they send my kids in london form for their medical which their mum will not let them, but after i check my application again it's state medical received but only one of my kids did his, there after i received a call from my case worker asking some information about the kids mother and she asked me to send her a letter to explain to her which i did and in June when i call CIC-V i was informed that my file has been transfer to backlog office in Vancouver for further processing.
Any advice out there.
thank

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
qw123 said:
The Inlander, How did you travel...are you from a visa exmpt country? if your vistor visa expiered that means you did not have valid visa. were you able to get both the US and canadian Visa with AIP/OWP?????
My Canadian visa never expired, what expired was my status (my stay). I have a multiple entry visitor visa good until January 2013. I got here in July, 2011, they stamped my passport with no date to leave, that means I had 6 months to stay in Canada. So I should have renew my stay before January but my family here told me that I would get my PR by January too, so I didn't renew my stay. So, it was already Feb and I didn't hear anything from CIC, and I decided to do some research on my own, and I found out that AIP and OWP would take up to 10 months, then 11 months... So I did some research on how to renew my stay here, and that's how I found out I had to pay $275.

I thought I could enter to the US visa my PR once I got it, but no no no, these Americans are not joke, American residents can come to Canada only with their PR but Canadian residents need a visitor visa besides their PR to enter the US. So, I went a few months ago and got my US visitor visa. You only have to go back to your home country to apply for a visa when the visa of the country you are living in is expired. I took a copy my residency app with me, show them some of those papers, they only asked me one question about my financial situation, I show them some bank statements, and the guy said: "Ok I will authorize your visa" ;D when I got the passport, the guy gave me 10 years! ;D 8) ... by the way, I guess it helped my case to get this US visa that I lived and studied in the US on a student visa before coming to Canada.

I just didn't use it until now because I knew my stay was expired here, so If I had left Canada, I didn't have an excuse for them to let me in, I couldn't say I'm working because I didn't have the OWP, so it was going to be a problem to re-enter. Once I got AIP and the OWP, I knew there was not going to be a problem to enter because how am I suppose to use my OWP if I can't enter the country and I have a good visa?

The OWP says "this does not authorize re-entry," I guess that is for people with an expired visa.

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to update those who are waiting for PR Cards, i received mine yesterday (June 22) and i landed last April 16, so it took about 9weeks for the card to arrive. Good luck to everyone and for sure your time will come!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
theinlander said:
My Canadian visa never expired, what expired was my status (my stay). I have a multiple entry visitor visa good until January 2013. I got here in July, 2011, they stamped my passport with no date to leave, that means I had 6 months to stay in Canada. So I should have renew my stay before January but my family here told me that I would get my PR by January too, so I didn't renew my stay. So, it was already Feb and I didn't hear anything from CIC, and I decided to do some research on my own, and I found out that AIP and OWP would take up to 10 months, then 11 months... So I did some research on how to renew my stay here, and that's how I found out I had to pay $275.

I thought I could enter to the US visa my PR once I got it, but no no no, these Americans are not joke, American residents can come to Canada only with their PR but Canadian residents need a visitor visa besides their PR to enter the US. So, I went a few months ago and got my US visitor visa. You only have to go back to your home country to apply for a visa when the visa of the country you are living in is expired. I took a copy my residency app with me, show them some of those papers, they only asked me one question about my financial situation, I show them some bank statements, and the guy said: "Ok I will authorize your visa" ;D when I got the passport, the guy gave me 10 years! ;D 8) ... by the way, I guess it helped my case to get this US visa that I lived and studied in the US on a student visa before I came to Canada.

I just didn't use it until now because I knew my stay was expired here, so If I had left Canada, I didn't have an excuse for them to let me in, I couldn't say I'm working because I didn't have the OWP, so it was going to be a problem to re-enter. Once I got AIP and the OWP, I knew there was not going to be a problem to enter because how am I suppose to use my OWP if I can't enter the country and I have a good visa?

The OWP says "this does not authorize re-entry," I guess that is for people with an expired visa.
Thanks for being clear. you right studying in States before coming to canada sure help your case, i experienced it first hand. I too studied there many years before coming to canada to sponsor my wife.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
Montreal now is definitely taking longer nowadays. Any one who got DM in June and still waiting for MTL Landing. This is bad, the regional office closings is sure having some impacts.
Are we gonna be worse than the Scarborough office?? hope not.

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Decision Made:

We received your application to sponsor xxx on July 29, 2011.

We sent you a letter on June 19, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
ilovecanada4ever said:
Decision Made:

We received your application to sponsor xxx on July 29, 2011.

We sent you a letter on June 19, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Yay congrats!

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
August people get ready, this is your week! 8) 8) 8)

deezy

Apr 23, 2012
Hey all,

It looks like I got AIP. My sponsor's ecas changed to:

We received your application to sponsor XXXXXX on July 29, 2011.

We sent you a letter on June 18, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Johannah, please update my info. Thank you.

Now to my question. I did not attach an OWP application to my file. So when can I apply for it? Is it after I get the AIP letter in the mail? I currently have a work permit that expires on 1st Sept. 2012, so I was also wondering if it is even worth it to apply for an OWP. Or could the whole process go pass that date. Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
StoneTable said:
Yay congrats!
Thanks StoneTable. Congracts to you too as well as to those who have received some updates from CIC.

Under the sponsor's In progress, it says "We started processing (applicant's) application on June 19, 2012. ", do you think that it may takes at least 8 months to process stage 2 ? For those who have passed through stage 2, did you see this line before? Many thanks.

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
ilovecanada4ever said:
Thanks StoneTable. Congracts to you too as well as to those who have received some updates from CIC.

Under the sponsor's In progress, it says "We started processing (applicant's) application on June 19, 2012. ", do you think that it may takes at least 8 months to process stage 2 ? For those who have passed through stage 2, did you see this line before? Many thanks.
I think the 8 month estimate is for those who wait for first stage approval before sending in the rest of their paperwork/fingerprints/medical/etc. My understanding is that stage two can go very fast if you send everything in together (we did). Some people, I think, have had both stages cleared at the same time.

I'm crossing my fingers that the papers they've sent in the mail have a date for my landing interview in Windsor, because we all know how slow and erratic ecas updates can be. :D

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
StoneTable said:
I think the 8 month estimate is for those who wait for first stage approval before sending in the rest of their paperwork/fingerprints/medical/etc. My understanding is that stage two can go very fast if you send everything in together (we did). Some people, I think, have had both stages cleared at the same time.

I'm crossing my fingers that the papers they've sent in the mail have a date for my landing interview in Windsor, because we all know how slow and erratic ecas updates can be. :D
I sent in everything I could find/prepare under the same package but my worry is if they're "really" just started to work on the applicant's documents... it could take months.

I'm sitting impatiently waiting for Mr. Postman to deliver me brown envelopes. ::)

Hopefully these letters can end our immigration chapter!