Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 8 2011
Congratulations to all August applicants, this is so exciting, I am Sept 9, soooo close Hang in there September people i can almost see the finish line :p

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
under_way said:
for anyone who has already went through the sponsorship process
i want to know, how long after the AIP.. do you get landed..?

thanks
As far as I know it depends on two variables:
1.If you have sent all documents with the application and there is no issue with background/kids etc
2.The office that will intreview you. It goes between 2 weeks to 2 months(as seen with people in this forum).

Hope it helped

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
To those who already got the letter:
How long does it take for the letter to arrive after the date they said they sent it?
Is it registered mail or regular? I got a registerd mail few days ago and still didn't go to take it... :)

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
avigtr said:
To those who already got the letter:
How long does it take for the letter to arrive after the date they said they sent it?
Is it registered mail or regular? I got a registerd mail few days ago and still didn't go to take it... :)
Regular mail and it usually takes a week

tinch

Nov 9, 2011
theinlander said:
Yea, for your SIN, they will go by your OWP. I have the same issue. There is an extra letter in my last name on my visitor visa. I didn't notice that at the time. When they sent me the acknowledgement letter for my app for permanent residency, they had the same mistake. So, I called them and told them about it. They said, they would fix it. I got all my letters and OWP the other day with the same mistake, I got my temp SIN, so It has the same mistake. Canada Service told me to make sure I get the PR card with the right name, so when they give me the permanent SIN, I get it right!
.. Have applied for my SIN.. Yes, they go by the name on the OWP. I also just got a hold of a CIC agent. She told my that I will receive the corrected document within 10 - 14 business days! We will see..

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Should I change my sin after getting AIP? My current sin starts with 9.

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Hi I find this thread very helpful! like everyone in this thread I also love to know more about the In-land application.
We are planning to submit our spousal sponsorship application before the end of this June. It took us so long before we are being able to decide if we will going to do it out land or in land and now the decision is final, we will going to do it in land.

my question is: If we applied for spousal sponsorship application in Canada class should we do our medicals now and include it in our PR application along with my OWP app.? I have a dependent child back in my home country.

(we already have our medicals but it is in outland form coz we are about to do out land application before. now that we changed the application I am thinking whether to include the out land medical result or just take a new medical exam)

when should I take our medical exam?

Hope hearing from all of you.. thank you so much and regards to our Application..^^ Godbless to everybody..

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
ilovecanada4ever said:
Should I change my sin after getting AIP? My current sin starts with 9.
You can't. You now received a temporary SIN (Tax ID). Once the process is complete, you will be able to receive your permanent new SIN (starting with the number 3).

Good luck!

stefi

Jun 26, 2012
Hi All!
My husband sponsored me to become a perm resident. we submitted our app august, 11 2011 - so far nothing yet..

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
yffAm said:
Hi I find this thread very helpful! like everyone in this thread I also love to know more about the In-land application.
We are planning to submit our spousal sponsorship application before the end of this June. It took us so long before we are being able to decide if we will going to do it out land or in land and now the decision is final, we will going to do it in land.

my question is: If we applied for spousal sponsorship application in Canada class should we do our medicals now and include it in our PR application along with my OWP app.? I have a dependent child back in my home country.

(we already have our medicals but it is in outland form coz we are about to do out land application before. now that we changed the application I am thinking whether to include the out land medical result or just take a new medical exam)

when should I take our medical exam?

Hope hearing from all of you.. thank you so much and regards to our Application..^^ Godbless to everybody..
As per my personnal experience, we sent our application with all requested forms, that is securtiy clearance, medicals and payment for the OWP, 495$ final payment, our application took 13 months including reception of the PR card

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
canadiancitizen said:
As per my personnal experience, we sent our application with all requested forms, that is securtiy clearance, medicals and payment for the OWP, 495$ final payment, our application took 13 months including reception of the PR card
Thanks canadiancitizen! What is security clearance? So how about my other outland medical result? I just did that last month should I disregard it or include it still with my application?
How much do u pay all in all?