App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
Hi Johana!!! You can update the chart as my PR card arrived today!!!!!
And this will be the last update for me :p

Our timeline:

APP received March 29 (medical, police from back home, fingerprints from Canada included)
AIP 26 FEB
DM 28 FEB
Landing 14 March (Etobicoke, letter with appointment)
PR card received 16MAY (36 bussiness days after landing)

grcan

Nov 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2011
AOR Received.
June 8, 2011
Med's Request
May 8, 2012
Med's Done....
May 24, 2012
Gemauru said:
Hi Johana!!! You can update the chart as my PR card arrived today!!!!!
And this will be the last update for me :p

Our timeline:

APP received March 29 (medical, police from back home, fingerprints from Canada included)
AIP 26 FEB
DM 28 FEB
Landing 14 March (Etobicoke, letter with appointment)
PR card received 16MAY (36 bussiness days after landing)
Congrats!!!!!!!!!

grippy

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 June 2011
Doc's Request.
additional proof of relationship
LANDED..........
23 May 2012
Hi everyone

Finally the letter for the landing interview from CIC Montreal is in our mailbox.

My landing date is on May 23.

My long journey has found its end ;D

Despite so many redflags, ie being out of status, short courtship and same sex marriage, we overcame the suspicion of the VO by the solid proof advised by people in this forum. So million thanks for all the courage and good advice from you guys and Johanna you are the best =) I wish you all the best.

And here is the summary

We received your application for permanent residence on June 1, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 10, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on January 4, 2012. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on April 18, 2012 to XXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Will be landing on 23 May in Montreal

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
HI,Does any body know how long does it take to process a file after it's been transferred to the Edmonton cic???Or call for interview or any
communication from them??

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
So, I am happy to report that my husband finally landed today at the Scarborough office. We were there for about 2 hours in total. Everything went really smoothly. Even though he landed today, we still have to wait for one more thing which is the PR card. This is so annoying.

I just have a question. On our COPR it says that you cannot use this document to travel and be let back in to Canada. We were planning to drive to the US this weekend. Is there a chance that we may have a problem getting back in to Canada? I am seriously thinking of canceling my plans for this weekend.

Gemauru, congrats on getting the PR card. Our applications were sent a day or two apart and on the same day that we landed, you guys got the PR card. That means that we are 8 weeks behind you and we live in the same city but landed at different offices.
Also, if you landed on March 14 and you got your pr card today then you had to wait 9 weeks for your card. So this 6-8 weeks thing that they told us today is not true. We are planning on going back to my husbands home country in 8 weeks and one day. We did not plan it like that either. Do you think we will get the PR card in the next 8 weeks? I wonder why it is taking longer now.

Has anyone driven to the US and used there COPR to get back in to Canada with no issues?

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To gemauru, grcan, grippy and to everyone who's timelines are in our worksheet, thanks for updating me. I'll update the chart on Thursday (I do it once a week). Congrats to everyone for getting their OWP, AIP, DM, landing dates, PR cards and other positive news from CIC. To those who are still in the waiting line, be patient coz time flies so fast.

Good luck to all of us :)

Johanna

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Has anyone driven to the US and used there COPR to get back in to Canada with no issues?
I just did it today, and there was no problem whatsoever, it was a breeze coming back :)

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it's been 50 working days since my application was sent to Scarborough office...what's wrong with them?! aggravating!!!! :(

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
angtao said:
So, I am happy to report that my husband finally landed today at the Scarborough office. We were there for about 2 hours in total. Everything went really smoothly. Even though he landed today, we still have to wait for one more thing which is the PR card. This is so annoying.

I just have a question. On our COPR it says that you cannot use this document to travel and be let back in to Canada. We were planning to drive to the US this weekend. Is there a chance that we may have a problem getting back in to Canada? I am seriously thinking of canceling my plans for this weekend.

Gemauru, congrats on getting the PR card. Our applications were sent a day or two apart and on the same day that we landed, you guys got the PR card. That means that we are 8 weeks behind you and we live in the same city but landed at different offices.
Also, if you landed on March 14 and you got your pr card today then you had to wait 9 weeks for your card. So this 6-8 weeks thing that they told us today is not true. We are planning on going back to my husbands home country in 8 weeks and one day. We did not plan it like that either. Do you think we will get the PR card in the next 8 weeks? I wonder why it is taking longer now.

Contgrats darlin!!!My wife landed May 9th at Scarborough. Didn't take long either ! Did you guys have the nice Asian woman ? She didn't say welcome to Canada at first lol so i asked her to say it to my wife woo !! Time to party !!

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Second time posting....somebody pls reply..need help

HI,Does any body know how long does it take to process a file after it's been transferred to the Edmonton cic???Or call for interview or any

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
I am afraid noone knows how long it takes for a local office to process the file. I believe they treat every file differently. You may call and ask them, or post it in 2010 thread. I hope your file will be processed faster than you think! Good luck
arjun29 said:
Second time posting....somebody pls reply..need help

cherokee

Apr 18, 2012
Hi guys,

I am also a 2011 inland applicant. a few weeks ago was checking my status of my case, this is what I found.,is that good news? Also got my work permit a month ago. Any one knows whats next? and how long? thanks a lot and good luck for all of us ! cheers

We received your application for permanent residence on August 22, 2011.

We started processing your application on October 26, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

We transferred your application to the CIC Scarborough office on November 3, 2011. The CIC Scarborough office may contact you.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.