+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

waitingitout

Jan 24, 2012
So I landed today officially in Calgary! (my info is already on the chart)

It was more or less what everyone said here. The interview was mostly a formality.

Our interview was scheduled for 9:45 am, so we showed up at 9:30. They led us to a line to pay the $490, and here's where my biggest warning of all comes: try to bring two ways of paying that bill! The machine there wasn't working well and nearly didn't read our visa card! It took about four tries to make it work... so if you can, have a backup plan to pay that money. :)

After we paid, we sat and waiting for about another 15 minutes. A lady eventually called my name and we went into an interview room. She explained that it was just a few questions and that most everything was resolved. She asked: are you currently separated/have there been any separations? Do either of you have any dependents, here in Canada or abroad? Have you (the sponsor) been on social support at any time or declared bankrupcy? Have either of you committed a crime here in Canada or abroad?

She was very friendly and sweet. Once we got the questions out of the way, we signed a few documents, confirmed the information they had on us, and got my landing paper. I asked about how long it'd take to get the card (8-9 weeks) and when I could get my permanent sin number (once I got my PR card in the mail). She then stamped my passport and that was that. "Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada," she said.

The only other warning I'd say is: IF YOU HAVE A WORK VISA, BRING IT TO THE INTERVIEW. The letter giving us our landing date told us to bring other documents (passport, two photos, and payment) but not the work visa! Fortunately I'd read this forum and someone advised bringing it.... luckily, I did! She took it.

I'm kinda nervous about waiting for the pr card-- I want it now!-- but I'm also just so, so, sooooooo happy 8) Everyone, thank you for all the support and information from this forum. You've been so amazing! :p Good luck to everyone still waiting for their news: it's tough, no denying that, but people do get to the other end, eventually.

flyerfan

May 15, 2012
First of all, Congrats to all those that FINALLY have peace of mind ;D.

Why does it seem that everyone went from AIP to DM in like 3 days, and I seem stuck in the middle?

This is what me status says online:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 23, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 28, 2011.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Now they did send me a letter saying "I'm eligible to apply for a PR" "they just need to check the Meds and Security", is that what they call in the status "decision has been made and you will be contacted"?

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Interesting article.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/time-to-lead/what-would-a-canada-of-100-million-feel-like-more-comfortable-better-served-better-defended/article2436609/page1/

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilovecanada4ever said:
Interesting article.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/time-to-lead/what-would-a-canada-of-100-million-feel-like-more-comfortable-better-served-better-defended/article2436609/page1/
I made the mistake of reading the comments...So many crazies out there!!

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
sluma said:
I do the same thing and always get a bit discouraged and disappointed on these people...

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
sluma said:
oh, I just read a few comments. Some are quite out of line. Don't bother to read bad comments, look at the positive points.

Come on, it's time to work on July applicants...

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilovecanada4ever said:
oh, I just read a few comments. Some are quite out of line. Don't bother to read bad comments, look at the positive points.

yeah agreed, hoping that we get some news in the next few weeks :)

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
ilovecanada4ever said:

Exactly! Time for July applicants to get going...

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Well thats me done!!!!!!!

Had the wonderful experience of my landing interview this morning, the wife and i had sweaty palms on the way for no reason, the immigration officer was such a nice guy and when he gave me the "welcome to canada" handshake i think i broke his knuckles lol, sad thing is he's working in 1 of the local cic offices that is being closed, he was told on the 18th april and the offices close on 31st of may, nothing like letting ppl know early there losing there jobs huh.

Anyhows the job search is afoot and im looking forward to supporting my wonderful wife and moving on with the next stage of our lives, take care all, wish you all the best of luck in your own endeavours and thank you for any help that i have received during this whole "process"

Leo the happy resident of Canada!

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
leo77 said:
Well thats me done!!!!!!!

Had the wonderful experience of my landing interview this morning, the wife and i had sweaty palms on the way for no reason, the immigration officer was such a nice guy and when he gave me the "welcome to canada" handshake i think i broke his knuckles lol, sad thing is he's working in 1 of the local cic offices that is being closed, he was told on the 18th april and the offices close on 31st of may, nothing like letting ppl know early there losing there jobs huh.

Anyhows the job search is afoot and im looking forward to supporting my wonderful wife and moving on with the next stage of our lives, take care all, wish you all the best of luck in your own endeavours and thank you for any help that i have received during this whole "process"

Leo the happy resident of Canada!
Congratulations on your landing!!!

so the local immigration officers will lose their jobs by the end of this month? I hope it's not happening at the processing centres too, because if it is we are going to see even a bigger delay in our applications, that's not good news...

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
flyerfan said:
First of all, Congrats to all those that FINALLY have peace of mind ;D.

Why does it seem that everyone went from AIP to DM in like 3 days, and I seem stuck in the middle?

This is what me status says online:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 23, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 28, 2011.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Now they did send me a letter saying "I'm eligible to apply for a PR" "they just need to check the Meds and Security", is that what they call in the status "decision has been made and you will be contacted"?
Just means you got AIP...not DM as yet. Just like us...we r stuck as well. According to online status...it says DM but the letters we received are just like yours...only AIP! *sigh*

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
Hi,

Please update the chart.

Received PR on May 17th 2012, at Ottawa CIC.

Thanks.

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
SL1980 said:
Hi,

Please update the chart.

Received PR on May 17th 2012, at Ottawa CIC.

Thanks.
Congrats :)