Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
angelparnes said:
hi ramigary

congrats to you!!!where are you from?i just one day ahead of you!cause your last May 10 and i'm May 9!..right now im also waiting for their letter and i don't even paid the Right of Permanent Residence fee and i don't know how this time,i'll wait for the letter and maybe they will gonna post there the details on how to do that..again congrats!!!

hi guys,
could anyone there help me on how to pay for the right of permanent residence fee?cause i didn't include that on my application before,and i don't know how to pay for that..thank you guys and goodluck to all of us..
From what I have read you can pay it when you land, or you can pay it online before you go to you landing interview.

angelparnes

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville,alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perk said:
From what I have read you can pay it when you land, or you can pay it online before you go to you landing interview.

hi perk

thank you perk for the info. yeah maybe i'll just wait for the letter of the cic regarding this matter.i know your next in line!!hoping for that!!!stay positive..thank you!!

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
:) So according to our list, all June applicats got their answers? Anyone from June who hasn't heard from CIC yet?

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

So the landing interview went well, the Immigration officer was really nice and chatty. She asked me and my fiance`s passports, one passport-sized photo of me and all my old study/visitor/working permits (even the one's that were sent last Feb 2012).

Since I just got hired, my employer would not pay me without a copy of my open working permit (which unfortunately, I don't have any photocopy and since the immig.officer took it) along with my SIN (which they said its invalid upon checking). I'm confused about the whole system here. I thought I could already get a new SIN since my PR is confirmed, but for a citizen from Philippines I couldn't and I have to wait for the actual PR card (6-8 weeks from now). Anyone who is in the same situation as me?

Anyway, good luck to everyone. Btw, Edmonton CIC takes forever to book for a landing interview appointment and in my case, they didn't send me a letter, just through phone.

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
Am_lina11 said:
:) So according to our list, all June applicats got their answers? Anyone from June who hasn't heard from CIC yet?
Give them a call you are next!!!! :p :p :p :p

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
:) Called them, still no AIP, I start to get really worried.

perk said:
Give them a call you are next!!!! :p :p :p :p

grcan

Nov 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2011
AOR Received.
June 8, 2011
Med's Request
May 8, 2012
Med's Done....
May 24, 2012
irishred said:
Thanks Grcan, but I'm already landed, landed last friday in Halifax :) :)
oops! sorry! I guess I was just so excited I got confused... ::)

congrats anyway!

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
ramiragy said:
Hey everyone,

Our eCas updated to 'Decision made' today

We started processing your application on may 10th

We sent you a letter on May 10, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I hope its a good Decision!

Does anyone know what the next steps are? We also applied for a work permit, when should we expect that?
Call CIC right away when it's decision made they can tell what the decision is. That's what I did... The letter took a week to arrive but I couldn't wait to know what the decision was... She was nice to me " congratulation your first stage has been approved" now just waiting to renew my passport and send it back to them

ontario6791

Feb 22, 2012
Hello guys!! today I received a letter from CIC Etobicoke 8 weeks after my interview , It says my wife has met all requirements to sponsor me so what's next? They said , I will receive a letter to send additional information , I did not do my medicals yet, Do I have to wait until they request it?? or what I have to do??
Thanks!!

grcan

Nov 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2011
AOR Received.
June 8, 2011
Med's Request
May 8, 2012
Med's Done....
May 24, 2012
So we received two letters today, and the open work permit. The letters were one for the sponsor, saying that the the application to sponsor has been approved, and the one for the applicant, saying that he has AIP, and to take the medical, as the one we sent has expired. What I don't understand is, on ecas, it says decision made on the permanent residence app but then they want us to redo the medical? Does anyone know how long this will set us back? Also, now with the AIP & OWP can we leave the country? He doesn't need a visa to enter Canada. Also now that he has the OWP how does he get a SIN? Or does he just use/show the OWP to get a job? Any help is appreciated!

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
Am_lina11 said:
:) Called them, still no AIP, I start to get really worried.
Don't worry your ecas will change any time now. Lots of others have phoned and they say in progress then the next day they get DM.
We are cheering for you!

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
:) Thank you perk! Your cheering means world to me now.
perk said:
Don't worry your ecas will change any time now. Lots of others have phoned and they say in progress then the next day they get DM.
We are cheering for you!

angelparnes

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville,alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blistex said:
Hi there,

So the landing interview went well, the Immigration officer was really nice and chatty. She asked me and my fiance`s passports, one passport-sized photo of me and all my old study/visitor/working permits (even the one's that were sent last Feb 2012).

Since I just got hired, my employer would not pay me without a copy of my open working permit (which unfortunately, I don't have any photocopy and since the immig.officer took it) along with my SIN (which they said its invalid upon checking). I'm confused about the whole system here. I thought I could already get a new SIN since my PR is confirmed, but for a citizen from Philippines I couldn't and I have to wait for the actual PR card (6-8 weeks from now). Anyone who is in the same situation as me?

Anyway, good luck to everyone. Btw, Edmonton CIC takes forever to book for a landing interview appointment and in my case, they didn't send me a letter, just through phone.

hi blistex

i am still waiting for the letters they sent to me and i was on decision made already, and i think i will be soon land in edmonton cic also,so can you please tell me what are the details they told you before you got the appointment for interview through phone?maybe i dont also letter for landing as what they did to you..

thank you

flyerfan

May 15, 2012
Wow! I just found this forum and like most newbie's I can't believe I didn't discover it earlier, the amount of info here and the help from members, pretty amazing.... :)

Anyway I am somewhat confused and hope someone could clarify for me.

My wife (Canadian) is my sponsor, I'm a USA citizen. We sent the (an inland) application on June 22 2011 and it went into process on june 27. I sent a complete application, meds, fbi...we got two letters on May 9th, one to my wife saying she could sponsor me and one for me saying I'm eligible but they still need to look at my medical and security backround.

So here my question: I see the term all over this forum "aip" "dm", where does that put me, am I considered aip or dm?

Also anyone have an idea how long the next step takes? Is it really 8 months like cic website says?