Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello angelparnes,

The agent didn't really tell me much when I phoned, he just told me to wait 6-8 weeks for CIC Edmonton to contact me for the landing interview after DM. But you see, I waited more than that. :) CIC-Edmonton phoned me using an unknown number, so always carry your phone with u. :) Good luck!

angelparnes said:
hi blistex

i am still waiting for the letters they sent to me and i was on decision made already, and i think i will be soon land in edmonton cic also,so can you please tell me what are the details they told you before you got the appointment for interview through phone?maybe i dont also letter for landing as what they did to you..

thank you

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
flyerfan said:
Wow! I just found this forum and like most newbie's I can't believe I didn't discover it earlier, the amount of info here and the help from members, pretty amazing.... :)

Anyway I am somewhat confused and hope someone could clarify for me.

My wife (Canadian) is my sponsor, I'm a USA citizen. We sent the (an inland) application on June 22 2011 and it went into process on june 27. I sent a complete application, meds, fbi...we got two letters on May 9th, one to my wife saying she could sponsor me and one for me saying I'm eligible but they still need to look at my medical and security backround.

So here my question: I see the term all over this forum "aip" "dm", where does that put me, am I considered aip or dm?

Also anyone have an idea how long the next step takes? Is it really 8 months like cic website says?

Welcome onboard and I hope you won't need the forum for long time!!!
To your question: you are AIP
If your letters came in on the 9th of may for the experience on the forum, you might get "DM" any time now... It worked for most of us that way.... but I won't start the party until I get the letters on my hand!

What's your location?

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
grcan said:
So we received two letters today, and the open work permit. The letters were one for the sponsor, saying that the the application to sponsor has been approved, and the one for the applicant, saying that he has AIP, and to take the medical, as the one we sent has expired. What I don't understand is, on ecas, it says decision made on the permanent residence app but then they want us to redo the medical? Does anyone know how long this will set us back? Also, now with the AIP & OWP can we leave the country? He doesn't need a visa to enter Canada. Also now that he has the OWP how does he get a SIN? Or does he just use/show the OWP to get a job? Any help is appreciated!
For your SIN you have to go to a "Service Canada" office with you OWP, PPTE and they will issue a "temporary" SIN until you get your residence.

If they ask for your medicals... GO FOR IT NOW!!!! Don't wait... no idea about delays, but the sooner you send the info requested, the better...

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
It looks that nobody got their PR card yet... or they just dissapeared on us :-\

I called yesterday CIC and they told me it was sent on Monday (that makes the 35 bussines day mark) so I expect to get it any time this week.... :p

Keep you posted...

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Gemauru said:
It looks that nobody got their PR card yet... or they just dissapeared on us :-\
Keep you posted...
Hi everybody... no PR card yet but we left on vacation for the Caribbean for two weeks and no problem at all in reentrying Canada with my hubby... we did go to the Canadian Consulate for Travel Documents, we brought two passport pictures, application completed and signed and they pasted on his passport a Visa with picture for 1 entry to Canada, this costed us 50$. We did not have any problem or concern with the Airline and the only question the Custom officer asked upon arrival, was: why you dont have a PR card? we told her, and said congratulations... and here we are waiting for the PR card and healkth card should arrive within a month, tomorrow he is going to get his driving license... I will keep you posted once we received his PR card...OK wish luck to all the new members! :)

flyerfan

May 15, 2012
Gemauru said:
Welcome onboard and I hope you won't need the forum for long time!!!
To your question: you are AIP
If your letters came in on the 9th of may for the experience on the forum, you might get "DM" any time now... It worked for most of us that way.... but I won't start the party until I get the letters on my hand!

What's your location?
Thanks for the reply -I'm in Toronto.

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
flyerfan said:
Thanks for the reply -I'm in Toronto.

If you are west of Yonge... Etobicoke is your office, and is pretty fast... east of Younge, will be Scarborough.... "expect delays".

Have you called CIC? If you're lucky and get a nice agent, they will tell you if you have DM. The webb usually is behind... Good luck, hang on there!

grcan

Nov 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2011
AOR Received.
June 8, 2011
Med's Request
May 8, 2012
Med's Done....
May 24, 2012
Gemauru said:
For your SIN you have to go to a "Service Canada" office with you OWP, PPTE and they will issue a "temporary" SIN until you get your residence.

If they ask for your medicals... GO FOR IT NOW!!!! Don't wait... no idea about delays, but the sooner you send the info requested, the better...
Thanks for answering! I've made an appointment for the medical for Thursday next week... the earliest appointment they had.

For the SIN, when you say PPTE, what's that? (maybe a dumb question.... :-[)

Also, for leaving the country... we called the call center and asked if we could leave to go on vacation, and they said we could. They said there's a very small chance (like there always is, no matter what) that they won't let him in, but that there's no reason they wouldn't let him back in... Just make sure we have the OWP with us. My question is, if anyone knows, do the airlines need something more than just to see the OWP?

Thanks again for your help!

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
grcan said:
Thanks for answering! I've made an appointment for the medical for Thursday next week... the earliest appointment they had.

For the SIN, when you say PPTE, what's that? (maybe a dumb question.... :-[)

Also, for leaving the country... we called the call center and asked if we could leave to go on vacation, and they said we could. They said there's a very small chance (like there always is, no matter what) that they won't let him in, but that there's no reason they wouldn't let him back in... Just make sure we have the OWP with us. My question is, if anyone knows, do the airlines need something more than just to see the OWP?

Thanks again for your help!

Ooooops... sorry about that... PPTE = passport The airline will request a valid passport.
If you are from an "exempt visa country" that's it... if not, you will need visa to reentry Canada.

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just want to ask something.

Let's say your visitor visa is expired and you did not extend it. Though it's expired, you remained in Canada because you are waiting for your inland PR application. Then your AIP arrived. Can you apply for an open work permit immediately, or do you have to restore your status as visitor first by means of applying for a visitor extension?

I'm asking tis question because I know that everyone wants to be able to work already upon receipt of AIP and OWP.

Thanks.

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
johanna125 said:

Let's say your visitor visa is expired and you did not extend it. Though it's expired, you remained in Canada because you are waiting for your inland PR application. Then your AIP arrived. Can you apply for an open work permit immediately, or do you have to restore your status as visitor first by means of applying for a visitor extension?

I'm asking tis question because I know that everyone wants to be able to work already upon receipt of AIP and OWP.

Thanks.
When you get AIP your will have status. This is a special case for inland with no status. You can then get your work permit.

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
johanna125 said:

Thanks.
If you google IP 8 family sponsorship you can read all about it.

angelparnes

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville,alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just recieved 2 letters from cic..one for my husband stating that he is eligible to sponsor me and the other letter is for my open work permit..
i'm wondering right now cause in the letter,there is no other details regarding my medical and my police clearances, and it was written there that we will be hearing from them shortly about my application for pr..i'm still confused if i'm just got approved for my first stage approval?or i got already my second stage approval at the same time?mine just got approved last MAy 9.anyone could clarify about this matter pls?thank you so much..

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Hey Inland 2011 Applicants! My first time to post ;)

I'm reading this thread for a few months now, I find it very helpful:) Congratulations those who got there AIP, OWP & DM.

Here's my timeline,

Application received April 21, 2011
Start Processing May 5, 2011
Letter received that hubby is eligible to sponsor March 12, 2012
OWP March 12, 2012
Letter received that I met the eligibility req. to apply for PR under spouse sponsorship & to finalize I got to submit police cert from Phil. & do my medical exam March 19, 2012
Police Cert submit March 31, 2012... CIC vegreville received it April 1, 2012
Meds done April 21, 2012

On May 7, 2012 my Ecas updated that they received the additional information.

Phone CIC today, call center agent says that my application is now with the IO for the final decision. She said it could take 6 to 8 months for the final decision.

I have a medical condition which is not contagious, we did not hide to them from the beginning of the application. Hopefully It won't coz any delay since spouse sponsorship is an excessive demand exempt.

Does anybody know if after AIP, an interview can be required?

I know the whole process of the application could be very stressful. Reading post here helps a lot too of getting bits of bits of information which could be very helpful.

Hopefully final decision will come soon & hopefully it's a good news!!!

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
angelparnes said:
just recieved 2 letters from cic..one for my husband stating that he is eligible to sponsor me and the other letter is for my open work permit..
i'm wondering right now cause in the letter,there is no other details regarding my medical and my police clearances, and it was written there that we will be hearing from them shortly about my application for pr..i'm still confused if i'm just got approved for my first stage approval?or i got already my second stage approval at the same time?mine just got approved last MAy 9.anyone could clarify about this matter pls?thank you so much..
Letters we received from CIC are kinda the same... In a few days you will be receiving another letter saying that you met the eligibility req. to apply for PR under spouse sponsorship. And that they just have to finalized everything i.e. background check, security & medical. With mine I did not do my medical & submit my police cert., so they asked me to do these stuff. But if you already have these stuff done, I think in a few days you will have the final decision of your PR application... I hope this help you:)