31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
irishred said:
Any news guys ?
Grcan,Curious one,Scotish lass ?
I called this morning and got the usual story..........working on applications April 30th
Told me if I didnt hear anything within 6 weeks to call back..............6 weeks !!
And with Easter coming up I'm expecting no change this week either :(
No news for us yet either....I'm hoping to hear something by the end of this week - I will wait and call them tomorrow just in case they completed ours durring this week. Last time I checked was Friday last week and was told medicals were received but our file is still in process and to call back in 4 weeks if I dont see an update.

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
curious_one said:
No news for us yet either....I'm hoping to hear something by the end of this week - I will wait and call them tomorrow just in case they completed ours durring this week. Last time I checked was Friday last week and was told medicals were received but our file is still in process and to call back in 4 weeks if I dont see an update.
Hope we get good news soon :) :)

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
irishred said:
Hope we get good news soon :) :)
I sure do too!! Keep our fingers crossed!! As soon as I hear anything first thing after doing a happy dance will be to come on here and post an update! :)

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
curious_one said:
I sure do too!! Keep our fingers crossed!! As soon as I hear anything first thing after doing a happy dance will be to come on here and post an update! :)
Me too !! :D

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
waitingitout said:
So I got a letter (from March 27) confirming that I have PR and telling me to wait for Calgary to send me a landing date. Yay! It says I need to pay $450 before I can be given PR.
Hi waitingitout...
JUst got 2 letters, one from CIC vegreville that says I need to pay $490 for the PR fee. Why yours is only $450?
And the other one is from CIC Calgary that says my shedule interview is on May 24, 1012. Yay!!!!!

Thanks to all of you guys, this thread help me a lot....

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
I have a question guys, what is social services benefits? its says in the landing letter that Ineed to bring proof of employment and proof of income if i am currently recieving welfare or social welfare benefits. Right now I am not working, I am on maternity benefits from EI. I have a five month old healthy baby boy by the way...

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
never :)
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
FOSS information

FYI

especially for those who have first stage approval, but no second yet.

I asked the FOSS information from Ottawa. And after 1 month I got it.
It said they asked an RCMP check on Feb 20, 2012 and that`s all. It could take 5 weeks or more.
I did not find any bad things in my documents (The X-ray picture was fun!!)
Further information in it: BF to 12JUN2012 - Bring forward. - They wont touch my files until this date. So those who have an application processed in end of Feb or Mar 2011, and had AIP in Feb, 2012 - I more than sure they wont touch the files until JUN2012....

Everything is in it, if you ever have, VISA, or any permit, all of the information are included in FOSS. All the comments.
I do not have any negative comment or information in my FOSS data.
My PR is question of time, nothing more :) And now I feel better, cause I know what they have.

All of you who have not received yet the second stage approval: Ask this FOSS information (it wont slow down your process.... no connection), and you will know, what immigration know about you. ;)

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Funny thing just happened, if me and my wife ever have to get an interview done at our local cic office, the officer from there has just seen us shopping together. :p

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
leo77 said:
Funny thing just happened, if me and my wife ever have to get an interview done at our local cic office, the officer from there has just seen us shopping together. :p
huh how did that happen !

haha ?

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
Just to update, I called today, and they said they sent me a letter and my OWP yesterday!!!!

But there is not update on my e-cas yet.

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
karma123 said:
Just to update, I called today, and they said they sent me a letter and my OWP yesterday!!!!

But there is not update on my e-cas yet.
Congratulations! When did you send your application?

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
Thank you. My app was received on March 30. I'm happy that finally they work on those applications that they jumped.... were mine is included.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Honestly, I am getting sick and tired of waiting. We have been waiting for 27 days now for the landing letter from Scarborough. Once we get the letter which is who knows when then we have to wait for the appt. Once that is over then we have to wait another 6 weeks to get the pr card.

When people ask me and I tell them that we got approved, they say "when are u going to book a vacation now that you are approved?" I have to keep telling people that were still waiting.

Tzing, your so lucky u got your landing letter 18 days after dm. When r u landing? Can u ask them what the heck the hold up is for sending out the landing letters. Lol

I wonder what happens if you go there and inquire. Do they have a phone number we can call?

grcan

Nov 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2011
AOR Received.
June 8, 2011
Med's Request
May 8, 2012
Med's Done....
May 24, 2012
irishred said:
Any news guys ?
Grcan,Curious one,Scotish lass ?
I called this morning and got the usual story..........working on applications April 30th
Told me if I didnt hear anything within 6 weeks to call back..............6 weeks !!
And with Easter coming up I'm expecting no change this week either :(
No news here either... still waiting :'( I'll post as soon as anything happens!

Although, I called last week to ask about sending my hubby's new passport (it never occurred to me to send in the new one until I read about it here :-[) and at first she said, just wait until you get AIP, since it's going to be so soon, but then when I said my application was received May 30, she said, why don't you send it, I think you might save some time, since they won't get to your application for another 5-6 weeks... :eek: