never :)
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
cililoca said:
Hi guys, I have a question... When I sent my application for INLAND in August 2011 I didn't attach the work permit form for many reasons that don't come to question, anyhow, I called CIC and they told me that I can send it at any time just attach a letter with my client ID number and explain it's to be attached to my file.

My question is, should I send it? I can see that most people have the second stage approved nearly at the same time as the first. It's $150 dollars for the work permit and as I'm not working it is quite a bit of money for me and my husband, we are a young couple and we are not rich... Do you think I should wait? What's the normal wait for the second stage?

Thanks guys!

I got in 5 days,applied by online on the they I got my AIP letter

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
missha said:
How you all are filing your tax for the year 2011 after getting First stage approval/SIN number? Are we considered as Resident and entitled for tax credit?
Even if you were only common-law partners (at least 1 year -living together) from that time your spouse get the tax credit for you (if you do not work) - you do not need to file tax, if you do not have income. But your name is on his/her tax doc, even if you do not have SIN!!! We filed this way in the last 3 years ... (in the first 2 years we have been not married yet)

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
karma123 said:
Hello!!!!

I just want to share something with you. Yesterday my husband called to CIC and the agent told him that she would send a message to Vegreville to get details about our application because we had exceeded the processing time, It seems weird for me. Has anybody seen something like that before? I've noticed that some people were told that their application was in process and that the agent gave them a detail like they were finishing their background or any other detail, but for us our file was just in process, and that's all.

Now I don't have access to e-Cas anymore, I decided blocked it last week because I received a link where I could enter all my personal information to get an e-mail when something changes on my e-Cas, and last week I realized that by doing it I was letting someone else have access to my personal info to enter to e-Cas.
So if you received this link please don't do it. If you want to have access to e-Cas, do it by using the CIC web-site.

Today I called CIC again to ask about this message and to know how much time it could take to get an answer and the agent told me 3 months,,,, I was :eek:

So now I am thinking about asking my FOSS NOTES. I didn't want to do that, but finally I think I have if I want to get some info about my application.

My husband is scared that they had misplaced our file when they opened our last additional info we sent in December, and that they should have added in February.

Please if you have advices or you know about a similar situation please let me know. I will be so grateful.
Ask the FOSS. IT WONT DELAY YOUR CASE...
I have mine. they ask RCMP check on mar20/2012, but have not received (I did not do anything :D ) - they never ask Canadian police certificate from me...
FOSS said they will pick my files again on JUN12/2012 !!! all the other checking is done. I do not really get why this (As I know I am not a criminal...) but with FOSS I know I do not need to worry.

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
hakri said:
Even if you were only common-law partners (at least 1 year -living together) from that time your spouse get the tax credit for you (if you do not work) - you do not need to file tax, if you do not have income. But your name is on his/her tax doc, even if you do not have SIN!!! We filed this way in the last 3 years ... (in the first 2 years we have been not married yet)
Hakri is correct. Revenue Canada does not care about the immigration status of a dependent as long as they did not make any money and are not filing a tax return.
And of course are truly a dependent. You will have to prove this if they decide to audit you.

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
Gemauru said:
La premiere... The second one is for outland app"
I requested mine some time ago, I think I faxed the visitor visa and passport photocopie.
I just send the app.no proof of residence, and got it yesterday (after 1 month) they know who you are, they have everything about you in their system :) no need to proof, pay 5 bucks,send letter, wait, that is all

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
weerth said:
Hi missha,

They started processing my application in July 22nd. The meds will be expired by then...
What do you think?

Thanks!
if it was OK they will extend it, if they do not ask no need to do it again (I did in Dec22/2010 and they accepted in Mar20/2012)

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
perk said:
Hi BestPlace
Sorry for the slow reply! As I understand if your medical was valid when you sent the package to CIC and you have remained in Canada for the whole process they will likely wave
the one year medical limit. So I am hoping that we do not have to do it over. I believe that this one year limit is more for Outland and people with medical issues. I could be wrong
but this is what I understand. I hope that they get to us soon.
They will extend it. if it was OK

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
Re: Tax season

sluma said:
I'm wondering if anyone that is waiting for their PR has applied for Tax return yet? My wife is on a student visa and I don't believe that she is permitted to get a temporary SIN. I've looked at http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/nnrsdnts/ndvdls/nwcmr-eng.html but I do not see a link to a form on how to properly apply for her as a married couple. Since I'm citizen and she is currently on a student visa I doubt that I could file it like any regular couple. Does Canada Revenue Agency have such a forum to fill out?

Thanks
you can (even without SIN) we did it in the last 3 years

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
leo77 said:
I'm on a visitor visa awaiting pr application, canada revenue stopped my wifes tax credits until i filed my taxes, even though i had a nil income, first year i filed to the international tax centre and they gave me a "temp taxation number", second year i was told just to file at the local tax centre.
if you are on visitor vise, you must not work... if you did not work you do not have income, why did you file anything in last year. You wife need to file you as a dependent.

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
hakri said:
if you are on visitor vise, you must not work... if you did not work you do not have income, why did you file anything in last year. You wife need to file you as a dependent.
i had to file as they were stopping my wifes ctb and other tax benefits, first revenue was just asking me to prove my world income the first half year i was here, after 5 months they finally just told me to file a nil income.

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Tax season

hakri said:
you can (even without SIN) we did it in the last 3 years
I assume that you got your common-law a individual tax number? I'm asking because the stupid online software that I use to file taxes asks for your spouse's sin number. Or did you just put 000 000 000 ?

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
angtao said:
Honestly, I am getting sick and tired of waiting. We have been waiting for 27 days now for the landing letter from Scarborough. Once we get the letter which is who knows when then we have to wait for the appt. Once that is over then we have to wait another 6 weeks to get the pr card.

When people ask me and I tell them that we got approved, they say "when are u going to book a vacation now that you are approved?" I have to keep telling people that were still waiting.

Tzing, your so lucky u got your landing letter 18 days after dm. When r u landing? Can u ask them what the heck the hold up is for sending out the landing letters. Lol

I wonder what happens if you go there and inquire. Do they have a phone number we can call?

i feel the exact same... i tried to find a number to call but could not ! This waiting is a bit crazy..

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys just received the DM letter yesterday dated 27 March and now i am waiting for the landing letter!!
hope it will not take forever!!

waitingitout

Jan 24, 2012
JUst got 2 letters, one from CIC vegreville that says I need to pay $490 for the PR fee. Why yours is only $450?
Because of typo ;) I have to pay $490, just like everyone else!

And congrats on the landing date, yay! :)

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
:eek: they updated the site and it is still April 30! Wow, this is so tiring and frustrating!