+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

z.yahya

Mar 29, 2012
johanna125 said:
Hi. I'm updating the chart. To add you, I need the exact date of your AOR. Thanks.
Hi,
I sent my application on August 22nd 2011. They received it on August 23rd 2011, and started processing it on October 31st.

Thanks for adding me to the chart! :)

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
BestPlace said:
Perk

My application sent on July 11 2011 and received on July 13 2011. CIC still working on application received on April 30? Still long wait for us. Did you redo your medical check up?
Hi BestPlace
Sorry for the slow reply! As I understand if your medical was valid when you sent the package to CIC and you have remained in Canada for the whole process they will likely wave
the one year medical limit. So I am hoping that we do not have to do it over. I believe that this one year limit is more for Outland and people with medical issues. I could be wrong
but this is what I understand. I hope that they get to us soon.

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tax season

I'm wondering if anyone that is waiting for their PR has applied for Tax return yet? My wife is on a student visa and I don't believe that she is permitted to get a temporary SIN. I've looked at http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/nnrsdnts/ndvdls/nwcmr-eng.html but I do not see a link to a form on how to properly apply for her as a married couple. Since I'm citizen and she is currently on a student visa I doubt that I could file it like any regular couple. Does Canada Revenue Agency have such a forum to fill out?

Thanks

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm on a visitor visa awaiting pr application, canada revenue stopped my wifes tax credits until i filed my taxes, even though i had a nil income, first year i filed to the international tax centre and they gave me a "temp taxation number", second year i was told just to file at the local tax centre.

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leo77 said:
I'm on a visitor visa awaiting pr application, canada revenue stopped my wifes tax credits until i filed my taxes, even though i had a nil income, first year i filed to the international tax centre and they gave me a "temp taxation number", second year i was told just to file at the local tax centre.
Thanks for the heads up leo :)

waitingitout

Jan 24, 2012
I just got the letter with my landing date! It'll be May 17th in Calgary.

laksdjflaskdjfalsdfkjlkjlkjlkjlkjlnnlkajdflkajsdflkajsdfj

:D

Ottawa_inland

Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks,

Just an update: we landed on March 29 in Ottawa. The whole experience was really pleasant and it took less than 30 minutes. Good luck to everyone in this forum...it really has been very useful. Thanks everyone.

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waitingitout said:
I just got the letter with my landing date! It'll be May 17th in Calgary.

laksdjflaskdjfalsdfkjlkjlkjlkjlkjlnnlkajdflkajsdflkajsdfj

:D
Congrats wow that was so quick!!

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
Ottawa_inland said:
Hi folks,

Just an update: we landed on March 29 in Ottawa. The whole experience was really pleasant and it took less than 30 minutes. Good luck to everyone in this forum...it really has been very useful. Thanks everyone.
Congratulations!!

maldita

Jan 20, 2012
So I decided to call the call centre today and was luckily helped by a nice lady. They started my application in August 2011, I submitted PRAA in January 2012 to Vancouver, in February i noticed that my ecas said my file was transferred in January 17 to Etobicoke and medical results were received as well. When I called in today, I was told that all my files including my PRAA submissions were all transferred to the Etobicoke office in February 23. She also said that the Vancouver office just checks that all documents were complete and once verified, transfers to Etobicoke (the local office closest to me). She also told me not to rely on the website for application times as that is only applicable for applications which are currently in Vegreville. She also confirmed that PRAA will be processed at the same time as the sponsorship (not one will be in a priority from the other). I was also told that not all files that were transferred to the local office will be called for an interview (not like a lot of people claim it to be).

baba2010

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Ottawa_inland said:
Hi folks,

congrte plz share your landing experence...what did they ask?

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Any news guys ?
Grcan,Curious one,Scotish lass ?
I called this morning and got the usual story..........working on applications April 30th
Told me if I didnt hear anything within 6 weeks to call back..............6 weeks !!
And with Easter coming up I'm expecting no change this week either :(

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
Berber_amazigh said:
Anyone landing in Scarborough? how long it takes to hear from the office or get the landing letter?
by the way i got DM on the 27 March!!
Thanks,
Ps: the agent told me it might take up to 3 months to get the landing letter!!? Shocked

Regards,
I got DM letter on Feb 20, and i got the landing letter for Scarborough office on Mar 9.

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
Re: Tax season

sluma said:
I'm wondering if anyone that is waiting for their PR has applied for Tax return yet? My wife is on a student visa and I don't believe that she is permitted to get a temporary SIN. I've looked at http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/nnrsdnts/ndvdls/nwcmr-eng.html but I do not see a link to a form on how to properly apply for her as a married couple. Since I'm citizen and she is currently on a student visa I doubt that I could file it like any regular couple. Does Canada Revenue Agency have such a forum to fill out?

Thanks
Hi, you can get a temporary SIN as an international student because as long as you are in programs more than a year long, you can get a open work permit and SIN, and you should be able to file tax as a couple. i was a visa student last year and my husband and I filed tax as a couple, you get advantage too to use your wife's huge tuition amount. you can simple get any tax filing software, they have different status for you to choose and you can transfer her tuition to you.

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Tax season

tzing said:
Hi, you can get a temporary SIN as an international student because as long as you are in programs more than a year long, you can get a open work permit and SIN, and you should be able to file tax as a couple. i was a visa student last year and my husband and I filed tax as a couple, you get advantage too to use your wife's huge tuition amount. you can simple get any tax filing software, they have different status for you to choose and you can transfer her tuition to you.
Thanks for the reply tzing. I actually got a hold of service Canada this morning and I was informed that since my wife is on a study permit and is not employed she is not qualified to get a SIN. After that I called CRA's International tax division and was told that she can apply for an Individual Tax number since she was not qualified for a SIN. She would have to send her tax filing to the international Tax Service Office along with T1261(Individual Tax Number form) separately from me

In case someone is in a similar situation as me, here are the documents to look at:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/t4055/t4055-11e.pdf
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1261/t1261e-fill-06e.pdf