Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
I'm beginning to worry. My ecas said they sent a letter march 19th re: decision as sponsor but havent received anything yet. Anyone else had their letter take almost 2 weeks to arrive?

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guy!

is it true that the new PR card is valid only for 2 years?
anyone who got PR lately would answer this question !!
Thanks!!

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
Berber_amazigh said:
Hi guy!

is it true that the new PR card is valid only for 2 years?
anyone who got PR lately would answer this question !!
Thanks!!
Maybe this new PR card is the conditional one?

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
taoqi said:
Hi brookechung,
you can bring your lease or your property ownership certificate.
For me, they just ask this address for your rent or your own. we say own,that's all.
Good luck .
Hi, Taoqi,
Thanks, so I do not have to bring my husband there, right?

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Ok, so there are a few of us waiting for landing letters from Scarborough. I am going to start a little chart:

Canadagirl85 - Mar.3
angtao - Mar.4
TheReader - Mar.24
Berber - Mar.27

The last person that recived a landing letter from Scarborough was tzing and he got it in 20 days after DM. Hopefully we will get it soon.

TheReader and Berber, sit back and relax. It looks like it may take a month or so if not longer.

Is there are any others that are waiting for landing letters from Scarborough, just add your name and the date at the top pf your letter for DM.

TheReader, does your DM letter say Mar.24 on the top?

InLimbo, it took us 2 weeks to get the letters and they all came on the same day. Hang in there.

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
angtao said:
Ok, so there are a few of us waiting for landing letters from Scarborough. I am going to start a little chart:

Canadagirl85 - Mar.3
angtao - Mar.4
TheReader - Mar.24
Berber - Mar.27

The last person that recived a landing letter from Scarborough was tzing and he got it in 20 days after DM. Hopefully we will get it soon.

TheReader and Berber, sit back and relax. It looks like it may take a month or so if not longer.

Is there are any others that are waiting for landing letters from Scarborough, just add your name and the date at the top pf your letter for DM.

TheReader, does your DM letter say Mar.24 on the top?

InLimbo, it took us 2 weeks to get the letters and they all came on the same day. Hang in there.
Awesome idea!!
Thanks for the chart!!

aussiechick72

Mar 27, 2012
CanAusGal said:
Tell me about it - and they don't really even apologize. All I got was "I understand".

I got decision made on Feb 7, 2012. Since then I have made phone calls every week following up and here is what I found. They lost my file for about a month. Vegreville said they sent it to my local office and my local office said they didn't have it. Finally (per note on file, explained to me by the call centre) on March 15 Vegreville found it and said they would release my file with a CORP to my local office. As at yesterday - it's still sitting in Vegreville.

So frustrated. :'( The lady I spoke with yesterday said that there is absolutely nothing that can be done but to wait.

So even tho I got DM about 2 months ago, I'm still just waiting (and then of course there is a 3 week wait once it finally gets to my local office)

She said I could write them a letter - is that really going to do any good if they don't open the letter for another 4 months?!?!?
thankyou CanAusGirl ive read all your replies to everyone, and youve helped me heaps CHEERS MATE ;D

aussiechick72

Mar 27, 2012
CanAusGal said:
Tell me about it - and they don't really even apologize. All I got was "I understand".

I got decision made on Feb 7, 2012. Since then I have made phone calls every week following up and here is what I found. They lost my file for about a month. Vegreville said they sent it to my local office and my local office said they didn't have it. Finally (per note on file, explained to me by the call centre) on March 15 Vegreville found it and said they would release my file with a CORP to my local office. As at yesterday - it's still sitting in Vegreville.

So frustrated. :'( The lady I spoke with yesterday said that there is absolutely nothing that can be done but to wait.

So even tho I got DM about 2 months ago, I'm still just waiting (and then of course there is a 3 week wait once it finally gets to my local office)

She said I could write them a letter - is that really going to do any good if they don't open the letter for another 4 months?!?!?
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i cant reply to your inbox, as Im not flash/skilled/Canadian enough as yet hahaa...but yes its frustrating, this whole waiting game, not knowing, kept in the dark, and I cant believe they lost your file FFS thats shite...!! am here for a vent lol feel free :D

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
ConfusedOne said:
As far as i know the only documents you need is a valid id and your work permit.. if you dont have ur work permit then you have to wait until you get ur confirmation of pr, the pape you get at your landing interview.. i hope this helps.. =)
There's no need to wait for PR to get your SIN

Sorry Confused... you are confused in this one ???
once you have you letter confirming you are "elegible to apply gor permanent resident" you can get the "temporary SIN" .
When you get the "record of landing" you have to exchange it for the permanent one.

100% sure!!!! ;D

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
waitingitout said:
So I got a letter (from March 27) confirming that I have PR and telling me to wait for Calgary to send me a landing date. Yay! It says I need to pay $450 before I can be given PR.

Since I know it can take a long time before the landing interview, I think I want to get a temporary SIN number. Can I get it just by following the instructions here? http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/how.shtml I'd take in my work visa and passport as my documents. Or is there something else I should do?
Yes, you can apply following those instructions.
You also need to bring the letter with you.
;)

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
z.yahya said:
Hi everyone,

I'm new on here. Have been reading the forums for sometime now, but just made an account. This site is really useful.

My application is filed on August 2011. :)
Hi. I'm updating the chart. To add you, I need the exact date of your AOR. Thanks.

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Hello Everyone,

For inland immigrants who just had their inland interview done, are they be able to bring goods from home country duty-free on first re-entry to Canada?

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
i am not sure if forms has changed in 2012 compare to 2011.

but on IMM 0008 under question 4

Question 4
Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

I put in Buffalo as per this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#c

basically, i follow from this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
"Application for Permanent Residence from within Canada – Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class"

then under "instruction guide (imm 5289)"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

i scroll down to somewhere in the middle; basically the help section for filling in IMM 0008 question 4,
this is what the instruction state
Question 4
Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:
•your country of nationality, or
•the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.

Note: Do not select the CIO as the immigration office requested to process your application. Although you may be required to will submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above.
then i click on the "immigration office" which is the link given above
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#c

when i scroll down to look for Canada, it says "Buffalo", hence i put in buffalo.

Is this what everyone put who is doing an inland application?