+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone landing in Scarborough? how long it takes to hear from the office or get the landing letter?
by the way i got DM on the 27 March!!
Thanks,
Ps: the agent told me it might take up to 3 months to get the landing letter!!? :eek:

Regards,

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
I really don't want to confure things, but I really wonder what it does mean when they say they actually start to process application; like now apparently being doing those from May 2011?
They have received our file on Dec 2nd 2011 and they issued our IDs in February 2012 (email for me the sponsor and a real letter for my sponsored wife).
The thing is they asked in her letter to fill additional dates in a form for her background covering the time since she is here (adresses, jobs, organization membership etc...).
How can they asked for these specifics if they have not already started to read the file?
Or is it part of the normal verification when they actually open a new file to make sure nothing will be missing for the actual processing later ?

ConfusedOne

Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Doc's Request.
29-02-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
27-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
vinlander said:
I really don't want to confure things, but I really wonder what it does mean when they say they actually start to process application; like now apparently being doing those from May 2011?
They have received our file on Dec 2nd 2011 and they issued our IDs in February 2012 (email for me the sponsor and a real letter for my sponsored wife).
The thing is they asked in her letter to fill additional dates in a form for her background covering the time since she is here (adresses, jobs, organization membership etc...).
How can they asked for these specifics if they have not already started to read the file?
Or is it part of the normal verification when they actually open a new file to make sure nothing will be missing for the actual processing later ?

They asked the same thing to my husband 2 months after we sent ours.. so who knows u.u

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
vinlander said:
For what Ive been told, Vegreville is the archive office of CIC, from there they open envelops and see if everything is in order or missing, then, once you send the missing info, they open mail and put the info into the system, and application goes back to boxes. When they are about to process applications according to the site... Vegreville send boxes to the cic processing application office ... and that's why they have asked you for missing infomation... they had asked us also and, we were so happy but unfortunately wasnt what we thought they were doing... in October 2011 we got a letter but it took them 5 months to really process and finalize our application. Hope this helps you understand their process.

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
I just check hubby's ecas and mine, both says decision made but the details inside remain the same.

mine:
We received your application for permanent residence on May 24, 2011.
We started processing your application on June 7, 2011

hubby's:
Sponsorship Application status;
We received your application to sponsor (MY NAME) May 24, 2011.
We started processing your application on March 25, 2012.
We sent you a letter on March 25, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Permanent Residence Application Status;
We received (MY NAME) application for permanent residence on May 24, 2011.
We started processing (MY NAME) application on June 7, 2011.

Does that mean my second stage is approved eventhough they did not update the details?

waitingitout

Jan 24, 2012
So I got a letter (from March 27) confirming that I have PR and telling me to wait for Calgary to send me a landing date. Yay! It says I need to pay $450 before I can be given PR.

Since I know it can take a long time before the landing interview, I think I want to get a temporary SIN number. Can I get it just by following the instructions here? http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/how.shtml I'd take in my work visa and passport as my documents. Or is there something else I should do?

maldita

Jan 20, 2012
Does anyone have any idea how long Etobicoke takes to process/schedule an interview? I'm assuming that I will be called for an interview because my file was transferred to them before AIP.

Application received July 2011. Transferred January 2012.

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinlander said:
Do not worry at all.Just fill out the form and send it as soon as possible.
I had the same experience, i received the same form last year just after CIC received my App about 2 months!Then i just filled it out and sent it!

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone landing in Scarborough? how long it takes to hear from the office or get the landing letter?
by the way i got DM on the 27 March!!
Thanks,
Ps: the agent told me it might take up to 3 months to get the landing letter!!? Shocked

Regards,

grcan

Nov 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2011
AOR Received.
June 8, 2011
Med's Request
May 8, 2012
Med's Done....
May 24, 2012
Hi everyone! I've been reading/following this thread for a while now, but this is my first post...

First I'd like to thank everyone, as this forum has been very helpful, and I learned alot of things from here.

If you would also like to add me to the chart, my application was received May 30, 2011 and they started processing June 8, 2011.

I still haven't heard anything, and I'm getting nervous, I check ecas like 3 times a day!

ConfusedOne

Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Doc's Request.
29-02-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
27-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
grcan said:
Hi everyone! I've been reading/following this thread for a while now, but this is my first post...

First I'd like to thank everyone, as this forum has been very helpful, and I learned alot of things from here.

If you would also like to add me to the chart, my application was received May 30, 2011 and they started processing June 8, 2011.

I still haven't heard anything, and I'm getting nervous, I check ecas like 3 times a day!
Just a heads up, we got the letters in the mail before ecas changed =P

ConfusedOne

Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Doc's Request.
29-02-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
27-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
waitingitout said:
So I got a letter (from March 27) confirming that I have PR and telling me to wait for Calgary to send me a landing date. Yay! It says I need to pay $450 before I can be given PR.

Since I know it can take a long time before the landing interview, I think I want to get a temporary SIN number. Can I get it just by following the instructions here? I'd take in my work visa and passport as my documents. Or is there something else I should do?
As far as i know the only documents you need is a valid id and your work permit.. if you dont have ur work permit then you have to wait until you get ur confirmation of pr, the pape you get at your landing interview.. i hope this helps.. =)

ConfusedOne

Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Doc's Request.
29-02-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
27-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
nilyam said:
I just check hubby's ecas and mine, both says decision made but the details inside remain the same.

mine:
We received your application for permanent residence on May 24, 2011.
We started processing your application on June 7, 2011

hubby's:
Sponsorship Application status;
We received your application to sponsor (MY NAME) May 24, 2011.
We started processing your application on March 25, 2012.
We sent you a letter on March 25, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Permanent Residence Application Status;
We received (MY NAME) application for permanent residence on May 24, 2011.
We started processing (MY NAME) application on June 7, 2011.

Does that mean my second stage is approved eventhough they did not update the details?

It seems like it, GRATZZ !! i've read that a lot of people are in the same situation =p

Dee_Dee123

Jan 19, 2012
Hey grcan, I'm in the same boat! Ours was received may 31st, and we called friday and still nothing!.. Nervewrecking! Any other late may applicants still waiting?

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
perk said:
Could the people that are watching this forum and are not on the spreadsheet please post your time line so that
we will have a good indication of the progress that CIC is making. It will help us all.
Perk

My application sent on July 11 2011 and received on July 13 2011. CIC still working on application received on April 30? Still long wait for us. Did you redo your medical check up?