Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Eh, guys, I don't know what to do. As you may know, in the AIP letter I was asked to redo my medicals. I did them 3 weeks ago. Today I called CIC, they told me the results were not even in their system, but it can take up to 3 months. Has anybody had that? What do you guys suggest that I do?

andkiss

Feb 24, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
irishred said:
I can't believe it
CIC just updated.......still April 30th.
Ahhhhhhh.
ohh my goddd!!! ???
what are they doing???? :mad:

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Today, we got two letters that says we met the requirements to apply PR. They were dated March 25, 2012. My medical is expired but there is no instruction that I need to redo it. And I got my open work permit 2 days ago.

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
Could the people that are watching this forum and are not on the spreadsheet please post your time line so that
we will have a good indication of the progress that CIC is making. It will help us all.

adrian_calgary

Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 12 2011
irishred said:
I can't believe it
Ahhhhhhh.
Here's my theory:

According to people's comments on the forum, it's quite obvious to me that CPC is now working on second half of May, if not even beginning of June.

I think that, when CIC updated the webpage every week with 14 days jumps or more since they started speeding up the processing (let's say, processing apps from day "D"), many people whose applications were received around the day D, +/- a few days, used to call CPC to check the status of their apps, and "why there was nothing on their Ecas although their apps were received even a few days before the date D". So, maybe CPC got fed up with too many calls like this. That's why I think they chose not to update the website that often anymore, to reduce the number of calls (or even if people call, they would just give a blunt answer stating what's on the website, like "your app was received in May, but as stated on the website we only got to process apps from April 30).

Maybe they will update the website only when they finished with a month of processing (like when they get to May 30 applications or so), I don't know.

Anyway, it's so good to have this forum. Can actually see the real processing times. (By the way, my app was received at CPC on October 12 2011).

Have a good weekend all!

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
irishred said:
I can't believe it
Ahhhhhhh.
In January was just like that as well. They were taking forever to update and never jump the processing time, I hope it doesn't go back to 11-12 months... So frustrating...

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
cililoca said:
In January was just like that as well. They were taking forever to update and never jump the processing time, I hope it doesn't go back to 11-12 months... So frustrating...
Me too. I'm so close now, its very frustrating

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
irishred said:
Me too. I'm so close now, its very frustrating
Some people from June have heard from them so it may not take long for you to hear something about your application... Just sit tight and be patient... It's been so long already it doesn't hurt to wait a bit more... Everything will be fine.

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
adrian_calgary said:
Here's my theory:

According to people's comments on the forum, it's quite obvious to me that CPC is now working on second half of May, if not even beginning of June.

I think that, when CIC updated the webpage every week with 14 days jumps or more since they started speeding up the processing (let's say, processing apps from day "D"), many people whose applications were received around the day D, +/- a few days, used to call CPC to check the status of their apps, and "why there was nothing on their Ecas although their apps were received even a few days before the date D". So, maybe CPC got fed up with too many calls like this. That's why I think they chose not to update the website that often anymore, to reduce the number of calls (or even if people call, they would just give a blunt answer stating what's on the website, like "your app was received in May, but as stated on the website we only got to process apps from April 30).

Maybe they will update the website only when they finished with a month of processing (like when they get to May 30 applications or so), I don't know.

Anyway, it's so good to have this forum. Can actually see the real processing times. (By the way, my app was received at CPC on October 12 2011).

Have a good weekend all!

It may well be the case, I hope they r working fast and haven't stopped at April 30th. Let's keep checking the chart, maybe it's more accurate than the CIC website... Let's hope so.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
cililoca said:
It may well be the case, I hope they r working fast and haven't stopped at April 30th. Let's keep checking the chart, maybe it's more accurate than the CIC website... Let's hope so.
They are processing May applications... please do not rely on the date displayed on their site... please... if they are working on that date then Why me, waitingout, ryan, and some other who are not in this site have already received DM and Landing dates?... Monday... wait for Monday... you will see... have a good weekend...

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
canadiancitizen said:
They are processing May applications... please do not rely on the date displayed on their site... please... if they are working on that date then Why me, waitingout, ryan, and some other who are not in this site have already received DM and Landing dates?... Monday... wait for Monday... you will see... have a good weekend...
You are right, we have to keep in mind the people that got their DM in May and some even in June. Let's hope for the best and try to be patient.

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
angtao said:
Canadagirl, what was your dm later dated?

According to tzing's timeline, it took him 20 days to get the letter from Scarborough. For me it will be 23 days tomorrow. I got dm on Mar.7 so we should be getting it shortly hopefully.
DM letter was dated Feb 19th :S but Ecas was DM March 3rd. When we call in they said that we got DM on March 3rd so not sure what date to go by :S ... If I go by the dates on the letters we got both AIP and DM the same day... If i go by ecas we got AIP Feb 19th and DM March 3rd.

We called today and they said out application is in transit to scarbrough landing office... I hope this means the landing date soon... We are sick of the wait.. We didnt get a work permit so my wife is not working... times are getting harder by the day... so we are praying everyday that we get news!!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
hi guys, pls provide some info on this. CPC is now working on app received end of MAY

My app was received may 30 2011. I received a letter dated March 25 that says need addtnal info on our conjoint/common law relationship. I think this is a mistake the officer is making as we never been conjoint./common law ... we are spouses and we sent everything relating to that but it seems like the officer did not see our marriage certificate and stuff. Now the officer asking for the marriage certificate if any and also provide some proofs (like common rent lease, insurance, common bank acct) dated at least one year prior to the application (which implies common law relationship), We do not have such proofs in common as We were not in that type of relationship and I check the app copy we sent and clearly says spouses (the box checked). I have no idea what the officer is thinking or if the fact that he can't see the proofs we sent making him think like that???

we've knowing and having relationship since 6+ years ago until 2009 when she came to Canada to study and still studying the time when we made it serious and seriously got into it....then
We moved together in Aug 2010 (boyfriend/girlfriend relation)...this wont make us common law as it's less than a year !!!!
We got married in April 2011
we sent out the app in May 27, 2011 after getting the marriage certificate.

clearly this does not make no one in a common law relationship as to be in common law you must live together for at least one year.

Do you think that the main thing here would be the marriage certificate which would clearly shows that the app got sent after we got married and on spousal ground and not conjoint/common law ground

I am going to send them the documents they requested like marriage certfcate, rent and stuff and make sure I clearly write to the officer that this is NOT A COMMON LAW RELATION AND THE APP GOT SENT AFTER THE MARRIAGE AND WE APPLIED AS SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP.

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
qw123 said:
hi guys, pls provide some info on this. CPC is now working on app received end of MAY

My app was received may 30 2011. I received a letter dated March 25 that says need addtnal info on our conjoint/common law relationship. I think this is a mistake the officer is making as we never been conjoint./common law ... we are spouses and we sent everything relating to that but it seems like the officer did not see our marriage certificate and stuff. Now the officer asking for the marriage certificate if any and also provide some proofs (like common rent lease, insurance, common bank acct) dated at least one year prior to the application (which implies common law relationship), We do not have such proofs in common as We were not in that type of relationship and I check the app copy we sent and clearly says spouses (the box checked). I have no idea what the officer is thinking or if the fact that he can't see the proofs we sent making him think like that???

we've knowing and having relationship since 6+ years ago until 2009 when she came to Canada to study and still studying the time when we made it serious and seriously got into it....then
We moved together in Aug 2010 (boyfriend/girlfriend relation)...this wont make us common law as it's less than a year !!!!
We got married in April 2011
we sent out the app in May 27, 2011 after getting the marriage certificate.

clearly this does not make no one in a common law relationship as to be in common law you must live together for at least one year.

Do you think that the main thing here would be the marriage certificate which would clearly shows that the app got sent after we got married and on spousal ground and not conjoint/common law ground

I am going to send them the documents they requested like marriage certfcate, rent and stuff and make sure I clearly write to the officer that this is NOT A COMMON LAW RELATION AND THE APP GOT SENT AFTER THE MARRIAGE AND WE APPLIED AS SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP.
Wow, that is quite a mistake on their side. But I am sure, as soon as they read your letter saying you are not common-law, they will give you AIP and DM! :D Just provide them with lots of proof of your marriage, if you have copies of your previous Application where you tick "spouse", highlite that! They must have misplaced your marriage certificate or something so copy that one and make sure it stands out. I hope eventually, this mistake will play you a good role and your case will be finalized asap.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Canadagirl85 said:
DM letter was dated Feb 19th :S but Ecas was DM March 3rd. When we call in they said that we got DM on March 3rd so not sure what date to go by :S ... If I go by the dates on the letters we got both AIP and DM the same day... If i go by ecas we got AIP Feb 19th and DM March 3rd.

We called today and they said out application is in transit to scarbrough landing office... I hope this means the landing date soon... We are sick of the wait.. We didnt get a work permit so my wife is not working... times are getting harder by the day... so we are praying everyday that we get news!!
Congratulations, you got Landing letter, because that is exactly what the agent told my husband on the phone, then two days later, we received first, the landing letter, 3 days later AIP OWP and DM.