+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Fraud, Marriage of Convenience, Marriage Fraud and Marriage Scam.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In earlier days, in many cases immigration would do nothing about such cases. Now they at least investigate but there is another condition now called condition 51 which your wife would have on her PR if you applied to sponsor her after October 2012 and you were at that point married for less than 2 years and without children. This condition states that she can lose her PR if she did not stay with you for 2 years after she got her PR.

jaaam

Jan 8, 2014
but the application was submitted in 2011, is it still possible to get her deported with the evidence i have ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaaam said:
but the application was submitted in 2011, is it still possible to get her deported with the evidence i have ?
In that case, there is no condition on her PR and all you can do is try to push them to investigate.

In some cases, marriage fraud comes back to haunt the person years later. I heard about one case where a woman got her PR and left her sponsor right away. Years later, she applied to sponsor a new husband and immigration started looking into her history, found that her first marriage was a fraud and revoked her PR and deported her.

jaaam

Jan 8, 2014
I was told I have a strong case through the cbsa agent and anything can be done,depends on evidence,dating profile of hers audio convo her saying no future with me,her pr card being redirect to her own address all with in a few months being in canada, all sent to cbsa,your opinion
Thanx

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaaam said:
I was told I have a strong case through the cbsa agent and anything can be done,depends on evidence,dating profile of hers audio convo her saying no future with me,her pr card being redirect to her own address all with in a few months being in canada, all sent to cbsa,your opinion
Thanx
You have sent them all the evidence and they should investigate. However, they may not necessarily inform you about what they are doing. Due to the privacy act, it is not really your business to know about your ex wife dealings with immigration so if they do revoke her PR and deport her, they may not even tell you about it. If you have new info on your wife, where she is living etc., you can continue updating them in case they are trying to find her.

jaaam

Jan 8, 2014
They know all info about her ,where she lives,works and her phone #,easy for her to find and I was told they investigate those ones first because they know exactly where she is instead of the runaway bride that they would have no idea and they said they wont tell me what happens because of privacy issues unless cbsa has any questions for me they would contact me or i hear some nasty message from the wife saying I got her deported

igotused

Mar 14, 2014
Hi

I sponsored someone to canada and they went to different city right away, not living with me for anytime ,the sponsorship took place before the new rule took effect in Oct 25 2012 where they had t live with you for 2 years after that date,I reported it to cbsa and they said they would investigate it. I do know where this person lives and works . Does anyone know how they investigate it ,do they do surveillance because i have proof she is with someone else
Thanx

mycae

Apr 27, 2013
My concern does not concern a marriage fraud but it is considered as an immigration fraud. I know someone who changed her age and had falsified documents when she entered to canada x yrs ago. i am concerned that this person will use her falsified birth certificate once she retires and gets her pension before her real age. I want to know (a) how can i report it? (b) what do i need to provide to proove that she committed fraud?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
If you know someone intentionally committed fraud to immigrate to Canada then you should inform CIC and give them the information they ask for. They will investigate as necessary.

Maples

Apr 4, 2015
My husband run away after he got all his identity card within three months, after I cosigned a credit card for him, help and support him get his US visa and leave me pregnant for three month. Please tell me what is the procedure to report and how long it will take. I reported to CBSA in April. Appreciate any help!

newbee1

Dec 20, 2013
almost a year ago i thought that I got justice when i found out with my sources told me that my fraud spouse who ran away after a few days is deported but unfortunately it was wrong. he is still here one of his family members lied to me to make me back off from providing further evidence to CIC.
But it makes me laugh that how hard it would be for immigration to figure out that a spouse who leaves after few days is a fraud. how difficult is it????
forget about 2 years i am not even talking about 2 months i am talking about dayss here. the whole system and this new rule is not effective at all.

G.B.O.

May 7, 2016
I think I have just been scared out of continuing with my relationship of 2+ years with my brazilian finance. We have been planning on getting married and living here. I read many examples of women who thought they were in a great relationship until the man arrives to Canada and abandons her. Yesterday I researched marriage fraud as my fiancé made mention of not wanting to get married Brazil, which I saw as a red flag. The thing is, I met his family, his church group, friends and co-workers. I do not appear to be a secret in his life. He seems to have a good life and good job with status ( and pension) in Brazil, so I do not see why he would give that all up for anything other than love. Still, I am very suspicious that he might be keeping a secret based on his strong desire to not get married in his home country, and now the whole relationship seems to be much too big of a risk for me. It is a sad day as I have either just realized I was being duped, and if I have not been duped, I have abandoned a perfectly sincere relationship for nothing.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
G.B.O. said:
I think I have just been scared out of continuing with my relationship of 2+ years with my brazilian finance. We have been planning on getting married and living here. I read many examples of women who thought they were in a great relationship until the man arrives to Canada and abandons her. Yesterday I researched marriage fraud as my fiancé made mention of not wanting to get married Brazil, which I saw as a red flag. The thing is, I met his family, his church group, friends and co-workers. I do not appear to be a secret in his life. He seems to have a good life and good job with status ( and pension) in Brazil, so I do not see why he would give that all up for anything other than love. Still, I am very suspicious that he might be keeping a secret based on his strong desire to not get married in his home country, and now the whole relationship seems to be much too big of a risk for me. It is a sad day as I have either just realized I was being duped, and if I have not been duped, I have abandoned a perfectly sincere relationship for nothing.
Have you asked him why he doesn't want to get married in Brazil? I do agree that sounds strange since you would think he would want to get married in his home country so that his whole family can attend.

In the end, you may have had no choice but to get married in Brazil. Did you ever discuss that and what was his reaction? To get married in Canada, he would have needed a TRV and it's quite possible the TRV would have been refused. If the TRV had been refused, the marriage would have had to have taken place in Brazil. Maybe that's something to discuss with him to see how he reacts before you abandon the relationship?

Marg_01

Jan 24, 2017
Hi,

I am unsure if this is where I should post my concern or question? So please advise if I am not in the right section. I sponsored my ex spouse and his son back in 2012 and we have been seperated since the end of 2013. Since the both my ex husband and his son have recently become Canadian citizens and I still hold a close relationship to my ex husbands son. Recently he has lost his job and is currently looking for new work. I am doing what I can to help my stepson, like I always have, but I have a question now concerning my sponsorship role to my step son. They have become Canadian citizens and my sponsorship for my ex husband completed after three years, however, my sponsorship for the child was for 10. I am concerned at this point what my responsibility would be should he decide to apply for Welfare? I am no longer responsible for my ex but in regard to his son as the sponsorship was for 10 years, does anyone know how this works in regards to paying back money to the government for social assistance as I am no longer responsible for his father? Is my sponsorship over for his son because they both have received Canadian Citizenship now?
Any information or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,