+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If Both are in Canada DON'T Apply Outland - PLEASE!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Luckyman said:
Sure you can choose the quicker path, possibly at the expense of causing others higher wait times from their loved ones.

Also remember that some of these loved ones may be children..
We never had the luxury of choosing Outland or Inland.. but I have to say, when it comes to my relationship I think I have the right to feel pretty selfish. My thoughts will be what's the best for my partner and I and our future family, not what will be best for everybody else in line, including their children.. sorry :(

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Of course... Family first!

But if the situation denote the option that doesn't get in the way of family... Then

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Luckyman said:
Of course... Family first!

But if the situation denote the option that doesn't get in the way of family... Then
Well, we should have as much right to bear future children as people do who already have children.. if that makes any sense.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Luckyman said:
Yes.... We sure should!
I was wondering if that made any sense or if I inhaled too much teflon powder at work today :p

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haha... Wear a respirator Stephc.... Gotta be healthy for the kiddies!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Luckyman said:
I'm not pissed off at anyone....but occasionally sometimes when I go to line up at the grocery store someone with a full cart will waive me ahead of them.
You are outright pleading with people from non-visa exempt countries to apply inland if they happen to already be in Canada, so its more than obvious you are quite annoyed with those that could do inland, but choose to do outland instead in this situation.

I doubt CIC will hire more employees as processing times increase, and I think its a common consensus that the system has huge holes in it....in fact, even the re-structure publicly announces just some of the holes. I also believe that one of the processing standards for family class is family reunification as stated in several documents and on the CIC website, therefore the previous argument is null.
Not sure what you mean by null, as the direct quote from CIC clearly states people should take advantage of overseas processing where possible... for exempt or non-exempt countries.

And if the standard for CIC is to achieve family reunification, then obviously the onus is clearly on them to increase staff at overseas visa offices if wait times get too high. If the times approach very long waits and CIC does nothing to hire another couple of VOs, obviously they don't care much about family reunification at all. Again this shows the blame or "morality issue" should go to CIC, and NOT the individuals submitting their applications.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Luckyman said:
Oh boy... Here we go.. Haha

That's sure defensive eh
Not really.

You are saying " If Both are in Canada DON'T Apply Outland - PLEASE!"

I would say "CIC, hire more staff at your offices of non-visa exempt countries to speed up family unification, PLEASE!"

Just a difference in thinking of who can really make a difference.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
There are other potential considerations as well:

- the rejection rate for an Inland application is less than 1/2 that of outland (8% versus 17%)
- while you cannot file an IAD appeal, you do have the right to go to court. Unfortunately, very few do, as the decision has to be made within 15 days and generally involves spending another $5k on an attorney to represent you.
- There are other potential issues here, involving status. An inland application does not need to be in status to apply. An outland applicant does. CBSA will not deport someone out of status (though they can deport for criminality or other serious issues).

The OP did note that this was for non-visa-exempt. The six months for AIP (for most people) helps mitigate against the need for employment income for the inland route as well.

Peterpan12

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2012
AOR Received.
06-2012
File Transfer...
06-2012
Med's Done....
03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully 02-2013
Luckyman said:
Just wanted to post this, as there seems to be many on this forum that condone outland applications while both Spouses are in Canada, or pending Visit Visa's are available. Note this thread applies to applications for non visa exempt countries.

Please note that if you both are in Canada and you apply outland your application will be forwarded to your respective over seas Visa Office for processing after sponsorship approval.

While this seems great to have quicker processing, it's quite horrible for those who are actually waiting for their spouse as the applications will take time for immigration officers to process, and therefore will lengthen the waiting time for them.

So please, please, please....lets all be fair, and apply accordingly for the appropriate circumstances.

Thank you!
Is this thread a joke?! Certainly sounds like one.

As long as everyone follows CIC's rules, it's absolutely no one's business which path anyone chooses!

Further, do you really think if a few hundred people (at most) get convinced to go inland, it would actually make a dent in CIC wait times abroad spread all over the world?

Me and my spouse decided to postpone having a kid until after the application is processed which was painful enough, so please don't think everyone has to bend backwards for you cause you expect to.

And yea, she had valid mutiple entry and we could go inland, but went outland and it's done in less than half the time it would take inland!

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We don't have kids....just saying.

I think as a general rule everyone should really re consider, or even re read before jumping the gun and posting...I'm not saying I'm perfect either, I mean I did modify the OP in efforts to avoid missing the point..

But getting down right rude right off the bat isn't really suggested for anything....and I don't believe I was ever rude, or directional attacks.

Keep in mind, that I have nothing to gain from this, our application is done, and no amount of anything at this point can change the circumstances, I'm simply posting in efforts to maybe see if something can't help others, as I wouldn't wish this sort of family pain on my worst enemy.

Keep in mind that in Canada, and especially this forum there is a huge diversity and things are often interpreted wrong, but that's no reason to instantly lash out, trust me, if you feel like lashing out, you probably missed the point, or it doesn't apply to you...so just move on.

Cheers!

Peterpan12

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2012
AOR Received.
06-2012
File Transfer...
06-2012
Med's Done....
03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully 02-2013
Luckyman said:
We don't have kids....just saying.

I think as a general rule everyone should really re consider, or even re read before jumping the gun and posting...I'm not saying I'm perfect either, I mean I did modify the OP in efforts to avoid missing the point..

But getting down right rude right off the bat isn't really suggested for anything....and I don't believe I was ever rude, or directional attacks.

Keep in mind, that I have nothing to gain from this, our application is done, and no amount of anything at this point can change the circumstances, I'm simply posting in efforts to maybe see if something can't help others, as I wouldn't wish this sort of family pain on my worst enemy.

Keep in mind that in Canada, and especially this forum there is a huge diversity and things are often interpreted wrong, but that's no reason to instantly lash out, trust me, if you feel like lashing out, you probably missed the point, or it doesn't apply to you...so just move on.

Cheers!
I understand your point and making a counter point that everyone has a RIGHT to choose. You can plead and beg, but the reality is everyone has as much a right as the next person to go through this process as fast as they are legally allowed.

For someone who voices his/her opinion quite openly, you don't seem very tolerant when someone voices an opposing view and criticizes you? I'm harsh, but certainly not rude at least I don't intend to, so don't take anything personal. We are/were all in the same big rocking boat. :)