+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If Both are in Canada DON'T Apply Outland - PLEASE!

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't know I was in any trouble for stating my opinion and asking others to look at all sides when deciding the path for their application.
Text can easily be misinterpreted. This is a forum after all, and I don't see how it was so offensive.

I'd ask anyone... Not just on this post, but all to make sure forum conduct is fair, don't jump the gun, and certainly try not to purposefully make others look bad for ones personal interest.

... Just try to look at all sides when deciding on application paths, and if the only reason for Outland proceedings is speed, then please consider inland.

Cheers

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mameelynn said:
The big issue is a CIC thing... You have said "please don't bring up that I haven't been in process long or that I'm going through Manilla" and that "one day less is one more day we get to be together" but if the system is broken making others wait longer for their PR isn't going to make anyone's stress less! I have been fortunate enough that I am with my husband and our three children during our wait time for our application but it doesn't mean that we don't also have a huge amount of stress from this process or that our marriage hasn't taken a blow from this process! Ironically we did spend a year apart due to separate countries and not being able to travel due to cost and it was really the make or break of our relationship! I look back at our e-mails and see all the fear and worry about immigration and the distance and it sucked!! Big time!! But I also see how our relationship was more then just physical attraction and how we really got to know each other. We made it through and are stronger because of it! So no we aren't separated now dealing with CIC but it doesn't mean I don't know how it feels to be apart! I think that we have to bring to light the issues that CIC has and find ways to make it work through CIC not try and make others feel bad because they wanted it over and done with as fast as they could! I know that not everyone will want to become an advocate for family immigration or that some people that are done faster than posted times on CIC don't think there is anything wrong with the system but I know for myself I will be doing all I can to make sure once I'm back in Canada to try and get our voices, as family immigrants, heard!
Cheers... And we'll said!

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
Luckyman said:
... Just try to look at all sides when deciding on application paths, and if the only reason for Outland proceedings is speed, then please consider inland.

Cheers
... Just try to look at all sides when deciding on application paths, and if the only reason for Outland proceedings is speed, then you can pursue the quicker path.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your entitled to your opinion... And that is also a viable option.

Sure you can choose the quicker path, possibly at the expense of causing others higher wait times from their loved ones.

Also remember that some of these loved ones may be children..

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
amikety said:
I didn't find the exact quote I read previously, but I did find this:

•The family class is aimed at faster processing of spouse or common‑law partner applications from applicants outside Canada.

Processing times for spouses or common‑law partners in Canada are generally longer.

This is from the Inland Sponsorship guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp
Just read the very next paragraph after the one you posted!

The person being sponsored can apply to a visa office outside Canada to take advantage of the family class processing standard. Processing times for applications processed in Canada are posted on our Web site.

So the CIC is indeed directly telling people to take advantage of quicker processing times outland... and do it that way.

If processing times at certain outland visa offices start getting too busy and are taking longer and longer... the onus is on CIC to hire more staff at those locations, NOT on individuals to stop applying. It's like waiting in a massive line at Tim Hortons for 20 minutes to get a coffee. I'm not pissed off at the customers and tell them they should have gone to Starbucks so i can get my coffee faster... i'm pissed at the manager for not hiring enough staff!

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not pissed off at anyone....but occasionally sometimes when I go to line up at the grocery store someone with a full cart will waive me ahead of them.

I doubt CIC will hire more employees as processing times increase, and I think its a common consensus that the system has huge holes in it....in fact, even the re-structure publicly announces just some of the holes. I also believe that one of the processing standards for family class is family reunification as stated in several documents and on the CIC website, therefore the previous argument is null.

So if your missing the point of this thread or are from a visa exempt country, please move along to other posts....The aim is more towards applications for those from non visa exempt countries. I thought that might have been implied, so I apologize for that so I've updated the original post to reflect that.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Luckyman said:
I'm not pissed off at anyone....but occasionally sometimes when I go to line up at the grocery store someone with a full cart will waive me ahead of them.

I doubt CIC will hire more employees as processing times increase, and I think its a common consensus that the system has huge holes in it....in fact, even the re-structure publicly announces just some of the holes. I also believe that one of the processing standards for family class is family reunification as stated in several documents and on the CIC website, therefore the previous argument is null.

So if your missing the point of this thread or are from a visa exempt country, please move along to other posts....The aim is more towards applications for those from non visa exempt countries. I thought that might have been implied, so I apologize for that so I've updated the original post to reflect that.
I think it's time you let it die. Not trying to be offensive here, just saying this thread just upsets people. I know that wasn't your intention, so please just give it a rest.

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
I don't think you need to apologize for anything. It is actually very good that you brought this up and people responded. You have made your point and they have made theirs. It gives other people reading these threads an opportunity to examine the pros and cons for sponsoring inland or outland. It is true that everybody's situation is unique and this decision is really a personal choice based on so many things and generally by the time the application is complete and sent in, it is then many people find out they had an alternative that may have suited them better.

Inland or outland, we are going to suffer in this process in one way or the other.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I appreciate your suggestion....and understanding
I've modified original post to reflect non visa exempt countries.

Cheers!

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiwi12 said:
I don't think you need to apologize for anything. It is actually very good that you brought this up and people responded. You have made your point and they have made theirs. It gives other people reading these threads an opportunity to examine the pros and cons for sponsoring inland or outland. It is true that everybody's situation is unique and this decision is really a personal choice based on so many things and generally by the time the application is complete and sent in, it is then many people find out they had an alternative that may have suited them better.

Inland or outland, we are going to suffer in this process in one way or the other.
Well said....I guess if I had the options and I saw this thread before sending my application I would investigate more. I hope that this thread may contribute to the overall pros and cons for applicable circumstances.

Cheers!

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Very true, I wish I had of seen and read it 10 months ago.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Rob_TO said:
Exactly the reason we did out-land also while living in Canada together. We needed to visit my partner's home country during the process for a family wedding.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Canada can't give some kind of limited temporary visa for in-land applicants that want to leave the country for a short time during processing.
One thing that hasn't been mentioned, is that by apply out of canada, you preserve appeal rights.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correct, but more specifically you have the option to have appeal rights.

Note that if applying outland if you select to obtain a refund if your application is refused, you do not maintain appeal rights.

rumpelstiltskin

Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
File Transfer...
01-11-2012
Med's Request
14-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
amikety said:
I think it's time you let it die. Not trying to be offensive here, just saying this thread just upsets people. I know that wasn't your intention, so please just give it a rest.
So say we all.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
You could quiet easily say that by applying Inland you are increasing the burden on the Canadian VO, thereby using more resources in Canada and slowing up the entire process rather than spreading out and utilizing the VO's on each country that they are put there for in the first place.

I understand the intent behind what you are saying, but I tihnk your reasoning is skew-whiff. It's like me saying: "Don't apply in April because time-frames are really slow, wait til December to apply". At the end of the day, the VISA still needs to be processed, and will still take time....