+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got CoPR, my wife is pregnant and expecting our baby by November

RWDJ

Dec 11, 2017
Hi, I'm sailing in a similar boat. PPR request came when I was 8 months pregnant. I'm planning to inform CIC about impending birth when I submit my passports for stamping. What are the documents that CIC requests? Should we also give a updated POF (for the new member?) And how long after we submit all the documents of the baby will we get out COPR once again ? Thanks in advance!! It will be of immense help!!
Hello,

Please do inform CIC about your pregnancy. Submit your passports as usual along with a letter addressed to CIC informing them of your pregnancy and expected due date. My agent also emailed them but i dont know if thats required.
In my case, i was 9 months preg. They withdrew my COPR and returned our passports asking us to inform them asap once the baby is born. We did that, and they mailed us asking us to submit her birth certificate, passport and medicals within 30 days of birth. This we did and we got our COPR promptly enough after that. And then passports including the babys were stamped. It was all quite quick and easy. Ofcourse, we were disappointed when our passports returned the first time, but it was for the best. :)
Make sure you get birth certificate and passport asap because if that delays then medicals will delay.
POF ... Wasnt asked for. But then our funds did cover the new member too, so maybe thats y.
All the best

ChrisBanks

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hello,

Please do inform CIC about your pregnancy. Submit your passports as usual along with a letter addressed to CIC informing them of your pregnancy and expected due date. My agent also emailed them but i dont know if thats required.
In my case, i was 9 months preg. They withdrew my COPR and returned our passports asking us to inform them asap once the baby is born. We did that, and they mailed us asking us to submit her birth certificate, passport and medicals within 30 days of birth. This we did and we got our COPR promptly enough after that. And then passports including the babys were stamped. It was all quite quick and easy. Ofcourse, we were disappointed when our passports returned the first time, but it was for the best. :)
Make sure you get birth certificate and passport asap because if that delays then medicals will delay.
POF ... Wasnt asked for. But then our funds did cover the new member too, so maybe thats y.
All the best
Would there be a need to inform cic if you were in Canada and the baby was to be born in Canada?
If no, what happens when you decide to land? Will they allow your child entry or you need to apply for his or her Canadian passport before landing?

Suprabha

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Hello,

All the best

Thank you so much for the prompt response. Hope things go smoothly.

Last edited:

Aich

Aug 7, 2018
Hello, my wife and I have got our PPR and we are also expecting. We have decided to have the baby then travel to Canada, i.e. after including baby in the application.

The PPR email also states to inform them in case of pregnancy, how to inform them? Should I reply to same email, and wait for a response for further action?

Or should I just submit my passports with letter of explaination to the relevent visa office?

Any guidence will be much appreciated!

lollipop29

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Hello,

All the best
After submitting ur baby’s passport and birth certificate to cic , did they send u medical request (MR) for the baby?

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello,

All the best
Hello,
I am also in same situation...I received my COPR mail yesterday and my wife is 34 weeks pregnant...Should I inform the office where my file was there or the office where I am supposed to send my passports?
Is it necessary to send passports if they will return them without stamp?
Can I just send a letter and wait for their reply?
Plz help me in this matter..
Thank u in advance

Tonima

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
we are already in canada as students for the past 3 years and are expecting a child soon. How do we add our expected child to our application? Do we add a letter informing the officer of the information or should we inform them after the baby is born? What is the procedure here?