+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got CoPR, my wife is pregnant and expecting our baby by November

srigiriz

Feb 23, 2016
I'm not clear what do you mean by CIC stage. Have you got Invitation to Apply(ITA)? You/Your family members have to take medical test once you get ITA. As far as I know, medical test cannot be completed for pregnant ladies as they have undergo x-ray test. For your remaining questions, Sorry, I don't have any idea on that.

Sunny G said:
One of my friend is in problem as He is at cic stage AOR recieved recently , his wife is also pregnant what if mr comes before delivery ! Or He should wait for delivery and goes for medical or Both have option to go to Canada / or US on vistor visa which both of them holds and get child delivered there ! As by law child born in canada or US becomes citizen Does that effects thier case file or leads to more complications during file processeing ! I was not aware

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sunny G said:
One of my friend is in problem as He is at cic stage AOR recieved recently , his wife is also pregnant what if mr comes before delivery ! Or He should wait for delivery and goes for medical or Both have option to go to Canada / or US on vistor visa which both of them holds and get child delivered there ! As by law child born in canada or US becomes citizen Does that effects thier case file or leads to more complications during file processeing ! I was not aware
If the medical request comes before she delivers, she can still go for the medical. It is up to them and the doctor whether she has the chest x-ray. If she doesn't, the doctor will do all of the other tests and give her an x-ray deferral form. She would then complete the x-ray after the birth. If born in their home country, the child would need to be added to the app.

If they deliver in the US or Canada, they will be required to pay for the delivery and all associated medical costs. They may face issues entering either country if she is visibly pregnant. The process is no different if the child is born in the US. If born in Canada, the child does not need to be added to the app.

Sunny G

Jun 9, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
If the medical request comes before she delivers, she can still go for the medical. It is up to them and the doctor whether she has the chest x-ray. If she doesn't, the doctor will do all of the other tests and give her an x-ray deferral form. She would then complete the x-ray after the birth. If born in their home country, the child would need to be added to the app.

If they deliver in the US or Canada, they will be required to pay for the delivery and all associated medical costs. They may face issues entering either country if she is visibly pregnant. The process is no different if the child is born in the US. If born in Canada, the child does not need to be added to the app.
. Ok thnx for ur answer . If born in Canada then no need for application amendation otherwise application needs changes and delays also

preetlara

Feb 9, 2016
Hi
Reply would be highly appriciated.i got my ppr today and in the request letter there i hve read that i hve to inform immidiatly if circumstances changed.now im 5 months pregnant.what should i do? Should i disclose my pregnancy or should i send my passports.if i disclose would it be delay to get visa.pls advise.

srigiriz

Feb 23, 2016
preetlara said:
Hi
Reply would be highly appriciated.i got my ppr today and in the request letter there i hve read that i hve to inform immidiatly if circumstances changed.now im 5 months pregnant.what should i do? Should i disclose my pregnancy or should i send my passports.if i disclose would it be delay to get visa.pls advise.
First of all, congratulations!

I hope you are the primary applicant.

My understanding is that we should inform VISA office only when the family composition gets changed, that will happen only when the baby is born.
You can send the passports to VISA office and get it stamped. As soon as the baby is born and if you haven't landed Canada, you must inform VISA office.They will guide you the next steps.

Possible Scenarios
1.If your baby born in your home country, the child would need to be added to the application. Child can be added only to application. if you haven't landed Canada till the baby is born.

2.If you land in Canada before baby is born and give birth to him/her in Canada, no need of adding the baby to application.

Reactions: justformsu

ayman74

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations mate :)

I'm waiting for PPR. 6 months already passed since AoR on September 4, 2017. My wife became pregnant after AoR. Please note my timeline in the signature and to the left.

So we'll see how this goes. I would prefer to land before the baby is born but the expected date of birth is around mid May 2017.

Neel0526

Jan 13, 2014
Kolkata
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2017
LANDED..........
05-07-2017
With the grace of almighty god, I received my PR Visa Stamped passport today. Thanks guys for your all support and help.

However, I am little more worried about my situation now. My PR Visa is valid till 21st Nov 2017 and baby expected delivery is on 10th Nov 2017. While submitting my passport for Visa stamping, I missed to inform IRCC about my expected baby and this is a complete miss from my side.

Should I inform IRCC on this with immediate effect? If so, how?

Will it lead to misinterpretation?

If I do a safe landing before delivery of my baby, should I be fine? - I am planning to land in next 2 months before 3rd trimester.

Guys please help me and provide your kind inputs asap...

delpi

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Hi seniors,

Pls I need ur urgent help n advice. Can someone do a soft landing @36weeks of pregnancy? We called the airline n they said no problem so far we have doctors report.

Then on the cic side , will it be a problem crossing the boarder even with copr at hand.

Pls note: we had our medical done last April ending with the pregnancy We did everything including x-ray n the due date was also written on the Medical result but we till got ppr.

Now I just want to know if we should carry on with our soft handing or we do an email to cic informing them we want to land with pregnancy to sinp to avoid any misrepresentation issues. Pls advice.

Thanks in advance

oyin2017

Jul 3, 2017
Hi Seniors,

Pls I have been reading post about later stage of pregnancy. But pls what about a situation whereby the pregnancy is still like 3 months and visa has been gotten. what is the best way to tackle it. Is It to get there before giving birth or one still have to stay and add child to the application. Pls ur advice is needed

myson

Sep 6, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
06-01-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Hi Seniors,

Pls I have been reading post about later stage of pregnancy. But pls what about a situation whereby the pregnancy is still like 3 months and visa has been gotten. what is the best way to tackle it. Is It to get there before giving birth or one still have to stay and add child to the application. Pls ur advice is needed
Hello Oyin2017,

I honestly do not think there is any need to worry. You cannot add an unborn baby to your application.

It is not an offence to travel while pregnant( as long as you are not in your third trimester). You do not even need to inform CIC that you are pregnant. Just travel early enough before your third trimester and give birth to your child in Canada. He becomes a citizen immediately.

Cheerz.

ashwsh4

Jul 9, 2017
Hi,

I'm in the same situation. 3 months pregnant, with AOR of 5th April. Ppr request is expected soon. However I would like to give birth in my home country (due date 15th Jan'18). If I wait to add my new born and then process paper, then my medical will expire (on 5th March). I'm not okay with the idea of going to give birth in Canada due to medical expenses and also Becuz my job won't allow.
I plan to raise a cse.
But what if CIC doesn't consider the request? Doctor as is doesn't want me to travel at this stage, how will I manage if they ignore the CSE
And if they do accept the request, how much delay can I expect after Document submission of infant?
Will I be allowed to do medical again?
Please advise

win_it

Jun 25, 2012
Guys,

Appreciate if anyone can help me on this. Got my CoPR and passport stamped today.
My wife is 8 months pregnant and we are expecting our baby by November.

In PPR letter from NDVO it is mentioned to inform in case of pregnancy.
As per the direction from New Delhi CHC help desk, I have informed the office(Delhi immigration) by email.
I sent the passports after that and got visa today. The current one-time entry VISA will expire by 15Jan2017.

I have the following questions to ask.

1. Can I travel alone (As a principal applicant) after the baby is born with the current VISA?
My plan is to move to Canada by December. My wife is not in a position to travel with me, she will join with me next year.
2. Will my VISA becomes invalid after my baby is born?
3. How long will it take to get VISA again if my baby wants to be added and get the VISA?
4. Any chances of extending the VISA expiry date just for my wife?
5. What are the consequences if my wife doesn't land in Canada before the expiry date?

What would be the best way to tackle this situation? I would be very grateful if any expert can clarify this.
Many thanks in advance.
Hey buddy. Yours was a situation many applicants face. I read your post that you have got the pr with the baby added.

It would be great if you could write in detail how did you go about it. Like
1. steps to raise query woth CIC
2. About restamping of visa
3. About adding baby
4. Did you get a new visa with new dates and copr?

Please take out time for a detailed post. I am sure it would help so many.

Btw congratulations on the baby and PR.

manashdeb

Jun 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My situation is somewhat similar. I am in the US and expecting our first baby in October.
Just got PPR and have sent passports for COPR stamping. Planning to land in Canada in November with child.

Can we travel in the COPR in November or it will be canceled after child birth?
As our child will be USA citizen, he does not need visa to enter Canada. Please suggest if this plan will impact my COPR.