+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got CoPR, my wife is pregnant and expecting our baby by November

fikky

Oct 1, 2016
Hey buddy. Yours was a situation many applicants face. I read your post that you have got the pr with the baby added.

It would be great if you could write in detail how did you go about it. Like
1. steps to raise query woth CIC
2. About restamping of visa
3. About adding baby
4. Did you get a new visa with new dates and copr?

Please take out time for a detailed post. I am sure it would help so many.

Btw congratulations on the baby and PR.
I will like to hear from you please as I am in a similar situation. Baby is expected by next few weeks, we have sent our passports for visa but will not be able to land before baby arrives. Please share your detailed experience. Thanks

Sep 9, 2017
Hi seniors,

Pls I need ur urgent help n advice. Can someone do a soft landing @36weeks of pregnancy? We called the airline n they said no problem so far we have doctors report.

Then on the cic side , will it be a problem crossing the boarder even with copr at hand.

Pls note: we had our medical done last April ending with the pregnancy We did everything including x-ray n the due date was also written on the Medical result but we till got ppr.

Now I just want to know if we should carry on with our soft handing or we do an email to cic informing them we want to land with pregnancy to sinp to avoid any misrepresentation issues. Pls advice.

Thanks in advance
Hi Delpi,

Is there anything new for your case? My wife is also at 34 week pregnancy and got open work permit visa approved. She did the medical exam with pregnancy too. However, I am already working in Canada since the last 5 months.

Please let me know your update. We intend to let her come alone to Canada at 34.5 weeks of pregnancy. What should we do to avoid any misrepresentation at the customs.

Thank you.

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
I have a query, if somebody's carrying during medical and doctors inform CIC. Then what about the proof of funds? Do they need proof of funds for 2 people or 3 at the time of document submission? If we can show only for 2 at this point then do we need to show extra funds after delivery?

keepitsafe

Jun 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi seniors,

Pls I need ur urgent help n advice. Can someone do a soft landing @36weeks of pregnancy? We called the airline n they said no problem so far we have doctors report.

Then on the cic side , will it be a problem crossing the boarder even with copr at hand.

Pls note: we had our medical done last April ending with the pregnancy We did everything including x-ray n the due date was also written on the Medical result but we till got ppr.

Now I just want to know if we should carry on with our soft handing or we do an email to cic informing them we want to land with pregnancy to sinp to avoid any misrepresentation issues. Pls advice.

Thanks in advance
Hey Delpi,
where are you on your case?
Have you soft landed in Canada in 36 week of pregnancy and returned back?
Please do let us know.

RWDJ

Dec 11, 2017
I would advise you to move to Canada with your wife so that your baby is born in Canada. He sill then be a Canadian Citizen by birth and you will not have to do all the paperwork. But I understand that you may not want to do that. But do give it a thought. You can get private insurance, and depending on which province you are planning to settle, you may not have a waiting period. So it won't be a bad idea to think about having the baby in Canada. If your wife's pregnancy is going fine and there are no complications, then you should give this a thought, if not, then I have answered your questions.

Hope this helps!
Hello,
Please help me with this.
I have submitted mine( i am the principal applicant) and my husbands passport at New Delhi Visa office via VFS on Feb 26 2018. We have also informed CIC that I am pregnant and expecting a child by March 14th 2018, because it was mentioned in the PPR mail that we should be informing in case of pregnancy.
We got a reply saying that once child is born, we need to submit birth certificate and passports within 30 days of birth.
My question is :
1. What happens to our passports that we have submitted? Are they going to give us a Visa and COPR or they would want to wait until birth of child. In the latter case, are they going to return our passports without the Visa?
2. Since they have given a timeline of 30 days, and both parents passport are required to issue a newborns passport, how do we make sure we get our passports back in time ?

Thanks in adv,
RWDJ

Uv2018

Apr 10, 2018
Hi all, we have similar situation. My wife is pregnant 6 months (expecting baby in July) and we just for copr and stamped visa with visa eligibility until 26th oct. We are in USA so can easily travel to Canada by road and get the PR processed but I assume we have to let cic know in advance about the pregnancy or we can just show up on the immigration ans let them know about it then? Also we want to come back to USA after PR processing so that baby can be delivered here in the States. Please suggest.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all, we have similar situation. My wife is pregnant 6 months (expecting baby in July) and we just for copr and stamped visa with visa eligibility until 26th oct. We are in USA so can easily travel to Canada by road and get the PR processed but I assume we have to let cic know in advance about the pregnancy or we can just show up on the immigration ans let them know about it then? Also we want to come back to USA after PR processing so that baby can be delivered here in the States. Please suggest.
Hi

Don't land yet. Have the baby and add him/her to your application so you all become PRs together.

Reactions: canuck78

justformsu

Feb 24, 2018
Hi
Reply would be highly appriciated.i got my ppr today and in the request letter there i hve read that i hve to inform immidiatly if circumstances changed.now im 5 months pregnant.what should i do? Should i disclose my pregnancy or should i send my passports.if i disclose would it be delay to get visa.pls advise.
Hello, we have the same situation,

Did you inform your preganance immidiatly after got ppr or just inform CIC after the baby was born?

Is that we should submit passport twice as before newborn and after newborn?

Did you get a passport with a stamped visa or without visa before the baby was born ?

We are very concerned about it.. Thanks..

justformsu

Feb 24, 2018
Hello,
Please help me with this.
I have submitted mine( i am the principal applicant) and my husbands passport at New Delhi Visa office via VFS on Feb 26 2018. We have also informed CIC that I am pregnant and expecting a child by March 14th 2018, because it was mentioned in the PPR mail that we should be informing in case of pregnancy.
We got a reply saying that once child is born, we need to submit birth certificate and passports within 30 days of birth.
My question is :
1. What happens to our passports that we have submitted? Are they going to give us a Visa and COPR or they would want to wait until birth of child. In the latter case, are they going to return our passports without the Visa?
2. Since they have given a timeline of 30 days, and both parents passport are required to issue a newborns passport, how do we make sure we get our passports back in time ?

Thanks in adv,
RWDJ
Hi ,

Hello, We have the same situation,

Did you get a passport with a stamped visa or without visa before the baby was born ?

A THINGS WE MUST pay attention is that, is there any different between your PPR and mine..
My PPR DO NOT said "should be informing in case of pregnancy" , as following copy:

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:

• Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;

• Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,

• Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;

• Change in health;

• You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal

offence

• Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.

Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.
Could you please copy your part so as to make a contrast... Thanks..

win_it

Jun 25, 2012
Hello, we have the same situation,

Did you inform your preganance immidiatly after got ppr or just inform CIC after the baby was born?

Hey,
One of my friend was in a similar situation.

You have 2 options.

1) If you are planning to move sooner, take the copr, do the landing and deliver the baby in Canada. The advantages would be baby would be citizen by birth.
However disadvantage would be that depending on where you plan to move, you may not be covered in healthcare for 3 months. And costs out of pocket can be really hard.

2) inform CIC. If the delivery due date is within the expiration date of your CoPR (decided on the basis of when you got your medical done) then CIC would put your file on hold and ask you to upload baby's birth certificate, passport, photo and medical within about a month time from birth. As soon as you provide those details, they add the baby to the application and issue CoPR. Your background check etc is not repeated.

Other possible options are not informing now , and eventually informing once baby is born. I have read on forums that they cancel old copr and reissue visa and CoPR again.

Worst option would be to take copr, competec landing and then deliver in home country. Because in that case you will not be able to add baby to file. You will have to sponsor baby in family class. And that can happen only if primary applicant is inland. Meaning, primary applicant has to be in Canada and if that is the mother, it becomes almost Impossible to keep the baby in home country and primary applicant in Canada.

My friend took the 2nd option. That is informing, putting on hold and adding baby within a month. They got copr on the very next day they uploaded baby's documents.

Good luck
Congratulations on ur Copr and ofcourse the baby

justformsu

Feb 24, 2018
Hey,
One of my friend was in a similar situation.

You have 2 options.

1) If you are planning to move sooner, take the copr, do the landing and deliver the baby in Canada. The advantages would be baby would be citizen by birth.
However disadvantage would be that depending on where you plan to move, you may not be covered in healthcare for 3 months. And costs out of pocket can be really hard.

2) inform CIC. If the delivery due date is within the expiration date of your CoPR (decided on the basis of when you got your medical done) then CIC would put your file on hold and ask you to upload baby's birth certificate, passport, photo and medical within about a month time from birth. As soon as you provide those details, they add the baby to the application and issue CoPR. Your background check etc is not repeated.

Other possible options are not informing now , and eventually informing once baby is born. I have read on forums that they cancel old copr and reissue visa and CoPR again.

Worst option would be to take copr, competec landing and then deliver in home country. Because in that case you will not be able to add baby to file. You will have to sponsor baby in family class. And that can happen only if primary applicant is inland. Meaning, primary applicant has to be in Canada and if that is the mother, it becomes almost Impossible to keep the baby in home country and primary applicant in Canada.

My friend took the 2nd option. That is informing, putting on hold and adding baby within a month. They got copr on the very next day they uploaded baby's documents.

Good luck
Congratulations on ur Copr and ofcourse the baby
Thanks ,we plan the 2nd option..

But should we inform the CIC immediately after got PPR, or just inform CIC after the baby born..??

justformsu

Feb 24, 2018
Hi,

I'm in the same situation. 3 months pregnant, with AOR of 5th April. Ppr request is expected soon. However I would like to give birth in my home country (due date 15th Jan'18). If I wait to add my new born and then process paper, then my medical will expire (on 5th March). I'm not okay with the idea of going to give birth in Canada due to medical expenses and also Becuz my job won't allow.
I plan to raise a cse.
But what if CIC doesn't consider the request? Doctor as is doesn't want me to travel at this stage, how will I manage if they ignore the CSE
And if they do accept the request, how much delay can I expect after Document submission of infant?
Will I be allowed to do medical again?
Please advise
Guys,

Appreciate if anyone can help me on this. Got my CoPR and passport stamped today.
My wife is 8 months pregnant and we are expecting our baby by November.

In PPR letter from NDVO it is mentioned to inform in case of pregnancy.
As per the direction from New Delhi CHC help desk, I have informed the office(Delhi immigration) by email.
I sent the passports after that and got visa today. The current one-time entry VISA will expire by 15Jan2017.

I have the following questions to ask.

1. Can I travel alone (As a principal applicant) after the baby is born with the current VISA?
My plan is to move to Canada by December. My wife is not in a position to travel with me, she will join with me next year.
2. Will my VISA becomes invalid after my baby is born?
3. How long will it take to get VISA again if my baby wants to be added and get the VISA?
4. Any chances of extending the VISA expiry date just for my wife?
5. What are the consequences if my wife doesn't land in Canada before the expiry date?

What would be the best way to tackle this situation? I would be very grateful if any expert can clarify this.
Many thanks in advance.
Hi, we have the same situation with yours...,

Did you get a passport returned with a stamped visa or without visa before the baby was born ?

Thanks..We are very concerned about it..

RWDJ

Dec 11, 2017
Hi ,

Hello, We have the same situation,

A THINGS WE MUST pay attention is that, is there any different between your PPR and mine..
My PPR DO NOT said "should be informing in case of pregnancy" , as following copy:

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:

• Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;

• Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,

• Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;

• Change in health;

• You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal

offence

• Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.

Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.
Could you please copy your part so as to make a contrast... Thanks..

Hello
Sorry 4 the late reply. I blv u guys must have already come to a decision.
Well. I got the PPR by Feb 26 2018 or so. My EDD was March 14th. Thus even if we(me n husband) had submitted our passports and got COPR , baby would have been born before we travelled and thus our COPR wud have become null n void(change in family composition).
Plus it was mentioned explicitly that we should notify in case of pregnancy.
So what we did was : informed CIC about pregnancy, submitted our passports and along with that we sent another intimation that i am pregnant. After a few days, NDVO called us and said we are returning your passport because of your condition. We also got a reply from CIC asking us to submit passport and application of child within 30 days of birth.
So we did all that, got a medical request for the baby, did that and got the 2nd PPR after that.
Thanks !

Suprabha

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Hello
Sorry 4 the late reply. I blv u guys must have already come to a decision.
Well. I got the PPR by Feb 26 2018 or so. My EDD was March 14th. Thus even if we(me n husband) had submitted our passports and got COPR , baby would have been born before we travelled and thus our COPR wud have become null n void(change in family composition).
Plus it was mentioned explicitly that we should notify in case of pregnancy.
So what we did was : informed CIC about pregnancy, submitted our passports and along with that we sent another intimation that i am pregnant. After a few days, NDVO called us and said we are returning your passport because of your condition. We also got a reply from CIC asking us to submit passport and application of child within 30 days of birth.
So we did all that, got a medical request for the baby, did that and got the 2nd PPR after that.
Thanks !

Hi, I'm sailing in a similar boat. PPR request came when I was 8 months pregnant. I'm planning to inform CIC about impending birth when I submit my passports for stamping. What are the documents that CIC requests? Should we also give a updated POF (for the new member?) And how long after we submit all the documents of the baby will we get out COPR once again ? Thanks in advance!! It will be of immense help!!

Gypsy149

Jan 30, 2018
I got PR for my family including my baby. Will be landing soon in Canada.
Hello Srigiriz,

We are currently on similar situation as yours. But we are in the U.S. We already got our Visa stamped ( COPR )on our passports. We have until March 16 2019 to land in Canada. Our baby is due on Dec 2018. We have notified CIC that we are about to have baby. I believe in your situation, you had your baby in India and then added the baby to your application. So my question is how long did it take for CIC to add your baby to your application and you received your visa for your child. We have almost 3 months before our COPR expires. Will i get the baby's PR by then ? We are currently on panic mode. Is there anyway we can contact you ? Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you