+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting Saudi Police Clearance for former residents of Saudi Arabia(USA &CANADA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Before you re send and because they have lost your first package with 20$ money order you have the Full Right to know which document was missing to avoid the same scenario again, just talk to them by phone and explain the situation again justifying that you want to send the documents as they require exactly (don't wait long time man, you have a deadline by immigration canada to submit the police certificate and it already takes long time to be issued by the embassy of Saudi Arabia.

tjoseph

Jul 1, 2009
hai

i am still waiting for police clerance from saudi embassy but my deadline to submit is 24th sept. so what shall i do now.. my first application which i sent on 3rd july sent back due to missing document (i still don't know which was that becaz, i didn't receive it
that) again same application i sent on 9th august and now they are processing...!!
but i don't know whether i will get the certificate and my deadline is going to expire on 24th sept..

actually i am in canada for the last 1 1/2 years on workpermit, when i applied for work permit they didn't ask for police clerance from
saudi ..then i don't know why cic asking now for this..??

as per cic web site former saudi resident does not get clerance from saudi, so shall i send a letter to cic telling that there is no response from the embassy, so please waive me from this clerance...

what you think?? please advice..

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do you know that they have started processing your application and didn't send it back again ? did they tell you that by phone ?

I sent them my application on august, 19 and they refused to tell me by phone whether they have started processing or not yet, they even refused to confirm whether they recieved it or not (but i know by the successful delivery notification by canada post).

They answered me, if your application is complete we will start processing, if not we will send it back to you with a letter explaining the missing documents. till now 2 weeks has elapsed and i haven't recieved the package back so hope that they started processing unless they have lost it like your first package.

I heard that it takes 45 days form the day they start processing the application, however, if you still unsure whether they are processing it or not and your deadline is near to the end, i suggest that you send an explanation letter immediatly to Buffalo visa office about your situation and try to prove that they have lost your first application and are not responding to confirm whether they are processing the second application or not. (that is what am going to do, if they don't send me anything before the deadline)

I mean by proof that you have sent them your application, copy of sucessful delivery notification from canada post to the saudi embassy, copy of all documents that you have sent to the saudi embassy including the money order for fedex, and the fingerprint cards that you have sent. (All of that must be accompanied by an explanation letter to show them that you have done all possible efforts to get it without results or responce form the saudi embassy ).

Am saying that because the saudi embassy is not cooperative at all, so don't expect too much from them.

tjoseph

Jul 1, 2009
Yes, i checked with saudi embassy in ottawa.
i called embassy and talked to front desk and she tranfered the line to
consular section and they informed me that second package they received
and started processing it. However he was telling that it will take min. 3 months to
process it but my concern is that, last date to submit the certificate is 24th sept and
am pretty sure that that won't going to get back by that date.

so is it possible to write a letter to CIC requesting to waive it, will they accept it.?
do you have the idea what i have to write?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you have no choice, you must send them immediatly an explanation letter because likely the saudi embassy is not going to issue your police clearance before the deadline.

write in the letter your actual situation exactly.

Don't forget that the saudi authorities take the days off from ramadan 15 to the end of ead, so your application will not be processed by the police department over there before three weeks from today ramadan 14. (i have lived there for a long time and know well about there system).

tjoseph

Jul 1, 2009
yes, i am going to write a detailed letter to CIC..
but i have a confusion whether they will accept it or not?
can you just suggest below detail is ok or not..

Sub: Request for waiving submitting police clerance from saudi arabia.

I had applied to Saudi Embassy in Ottawa for police clerance on 3rd July but so far i haven't received any reply from them.
I tried to contact them by phone but they are not giving any reply. Meanwhile i checked with CIC website and it clearly telling that
"certificates are available only to current legal residents". I left saudi arabia in 2004 and now i am living in canada. In addition to that
i checked with canadain consulate in Riyadh and they also informed me the same.

So kindly waive me from submitting saudi police clerance.

Is this letter is ok? or I have to make changes..pls advice..

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes all of the above information are good to be written in your explanation letter except the following sentence :

"i checked with CIC website and it is clearly telling that certificates are available only to current legal residents" since it looks like you are going to teach them how to do their job.

Just erase this one and go ahead for the rest of information in your letter.

Keep me updated please with any new progress.

tjoseph

Jul 1, 2009
today i got a reply from cic regarding my request for waiving saudi police clearance, they inoformed me that i must
submit orginal certificate as soon as possible otherwise they will refuse my application.
now i am in big trouble... eventhough i applied to saudi embassy in ottawa 2 months before but no reply from them so far..

what should i do ...how i can get those..pls help

Outbound

Jul 25, 2009
professional 1 said:
Before you re send and because they have lost your first package with 20$ money order you have the Full Right to know which document was missing to avoid the same scenario again, just talk to them by phone and explain the situation again justifying that you want to send the documents as they require exactly (don't wait long time man, you have a deadline by immigration canada to submit the police certificate and it already takes long time to be issued by the embassy of Saudi Arabia.
When it comes to KSA, you have no rights - all rights are reserved for the King. Just pray that you receive your PCC this time. They don't care deadline or whatever you have.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tjoseph said:
is anybody faced same problem? can anyone advice what to do now..

I inquired about my application for the saudi police clearance by calling the saudi embassy two weeks ago and they told me this time that they sent my application to the police department in saudi arabia but they don't know when it is going to be issued. However, i sent a copy of my application of the saudi police clearance with the original reciept and tracking number from Canada Post and the successful delivery notification and an original fingerprint card issued by the RCMP with an explanation letter to Buffalo with my application last week, and that is all i can do.

If the saudi embassy send me thier police clearance, i will submit it to Buffalo right away, otherwise i have nothing to do with both the saudi embassy and Buffalo office. that is all i could do, whether they accept it or not, i have nothing more to be done.

By the way, take a look at this link :

trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/canadian-experience-class/364023261/advice-needed-saudi-arabian-police-clearence

tjoseph

Jul 1, 2009
when you sent the application to saudi consulate.
first i sent the application on july 3rd but that they returned due to missing document (still i don't know which document was missing).
then i sent application again on august 6th, this time informed me that they sent to saudi.
almost 2 months r over, but no answer?? whe u sent then application?? how long it will take to get it?? any idea?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They recieved it on August 20 and they refused at the first 3 weeks to confirm whether they recieved it and started processing it or not.

After one month, i called them again and they asked me for my name and confirmed that they have sent it to saudi arabia, however, they said that it takes up to 6 months to receive the certificate, and don't forget that the last month (Ramadan) they were off work in saudi arabia so,for more than 30 days there was no any progress.

some people say it takes 45 days but i don't think so, and in the embassy they told me at first that it takes 2 months but we say 6 just in case there is any delay (of course, don't count RAMADAN with any period of official work in saudi arabia).

By the way, how long do you have time left to submit the police clearance to Buffalo ? i think your deadline with Buffalo is elapsed !

tjoseph

Jul 1, 2009
Actually i got the first letter from CIC on 24th june requesting to submit police clearance within 90 days.
so as per that i sent application to saudi embassy in ottawa, but returned and again i sent on 4th july and so far there is
no repsonse. as per that letter my 90 days r over on 24 sept. so i sent letter to cic explaining all these and requested to waive it.

so last friday i got a reply dated on 28th sept. it says:
"Please send the police clearance certificate as soon as possible. if we do not receive the certificate or the explanation within 90 days from the date of this letter, we shall assume that you are no longer interested in persuing your application and your application will be refused and your file will be closed."

so i go extension 90 days more to submit this certificate? what you think, if i failed to submit by this date my application will be refused?? please advice..