+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW-O USA why so long?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Many April aor whose background changed last week or even later have got ppr yesterday / getting them today. Again US residents kept in limbo. :/

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many April aor whose background changed last week or even later have got ppr yesterday / getting them today. Again US residents kept in limbo. :/
Many say in the WhatsApp group that IP2 (We are processing your BGC) to PPR is max of 15 days. Again they were all Non-US applicants. I think CIC is releasing PPR in batches. May be they are waiting for good number of US Applicants for a batch to be released.

Reactions: astralsource

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
All,

I am getting confused here and looking for direction. The point of confusion being the message in the IP1 vs IP2 ... here are my details/timelines:

FSW-O, Indian Citizen, US Resident
Code:
17/05 - ITA
20/06 - eAPR/AoR
13/07 (6AM US Time) - Meds Passed, BGS - NA
13/07 (12 noon US Time) - BGS to "We are processing your background checks ..."
13/07 (8PM US Time) - BGS - NA
For my bgs between 12 noon and 8 yesterday, some people are referring to the text as IP2, but I feel it was IP1, am I just getting confused? Those were the only times I checked the CIC page for my account so I do not know if there were any other changes ...

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All,

I am getting confused here and looking for direction. The point of confusion being the message in the IP1 vs IP2 ... here are my details/timelines:

FSW-O, Indian Citizen, US Resident
Code:
17/05 - ITA
20/06 - eAPR/AoR
13/07 (6AM US Time) - Meds Passed, BGS - NA
13/07 (12 noon US Time) - BGS to "We are processing your background checks ..."
13/07 (8PM US Time) - BGS - NA
For my bgs between 12 noon and 8 yesterday, some people are referring to the text as IP2, but I feel it was IP1, am I just getting confused? Those were the only times I checked the CIC page for my account so I do not know if there were any other changes ...
I honestly do not know the difference between the verbiages of "Your app is in progress" and "We are processing your BG check".

For me soon after my medicals, the BG status changed to "Your app is in progress", since my BG changed for the first time and from the consensus of many others in the forum and Whatsapp Group concluded that I am in IP1.

In your case the first BG change you have seen is "We are processing your BGC", so i BELIEVE it is IP1 in your case.

When you get a chance read the GCMS notes shared by a member named "vks12" in this URL's http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/aor-in-april-2017-lets-connect-here.481326/page-169 and http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/aor-in-april-2017-lets-connect-here.481326/page-171

According to that GCMS notes, ideally every BG Change ("Your app is in progress, NA and We are processing your BGC") are all part of Background check reviews made by different officers.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
My background went to progress on 6th July. I called CIC a while ago and the agent told me that eligibility review still in progress. R10 alone has been completed. So the IP2 that I have is not real IP2 at all and the status is super concerning. :'(

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My background went to progress on 6th July. I called CIC a while ago and the agent told me that eligibility review still in progress. R10 alone has been completed. So the IP2 that I have is not real IP2 at all and the status is super concerning. :'(
OMG..The BG statuses are super confusing !!

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My 'Background check' status changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." I did not notice NA in between the BG statuses. My 'Review of additional documents' says "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.".

Don't know if it is safe to assume as real IP2.

Soon after my medicals, the BG status was "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Pretty much same pattern for all of us. Nobody had NA in between. Call them after one week to know exact status. Background status is complete bullshit for US residents.

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pretty much same pattern for all of us. Nobody had NA in between. Call them after one week to know exact status. Background status is complete bullshit for US residents.
I tried to reach them after seeing your earlier post but couldn't reach the agent. I was very much surprised to see your post mentioning only R10 is complete after a week in the so called IP2.

May i know what options did you key-in to reach the agent. I keyed-in 0 after the IVR read out my CIC account status, but the IVR said everyone is busy.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I tried to reach them after seeing your earlier post but couldn't reach the agent. I was very much surprised to see your post mentioning only R10 is complete after a week in the so called IP2.

May i know what options did you key-in to reach the agent. I keyed-in 0 after the IVR read out my CIC account status, but the IVR said everyone is busy.
Yeah you have hang up and call again. It'll disconnect if the volume is too high after you press 0. If not it'll start telling you the wait time.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
My best guess for this scenario is they move the file from CIO, Sydney to cpc Ottawa after R10 and do initiate background in parallel along with eligibility check, and hence the status change. I presume that would be the pattern for inland and US residents. When I enquired close to aor my visa office was cio Sydney, now it's cpc Ottawa. So that kinda connects the dots.

For other fswo they probably start background check only after finishing eligibility and the ip2 theory might be holding good for them.

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
I know one US applicant whose BG changed to IP2 yesterday, without any NA2 stage. But these wordings are sort of inconsistent, since I've read people being in IP2 for some amount of time. His AOR was May 10.

Bw, anyone here ordered their GCMS?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I know one US applicant whose BG changed to IP2 yesterday, without any NA2 stage. But these wordings are sort of inconsistent, since I've read people being in IP2 for some amount of time. His AOR was May 10.

Bw, anyone here ordered their GCMS?
I'm not sure if you followed this thread. Almost every US resident including mine whose status changed to background in progress (so called ip2) did so without going to NA. My background changed to in progress on 6th July and I called cic today. They told me that my eligibility check is still in progress. Generally when the status changes to ip2, the notion is eligibility has been completed, and only background verification remains pending. But as you could see it is not true with my case at all. They are following different pattern for inland (including US residents) people. Another member here is having background in progress since more than a month which is not usual as they say. May be ip1 and ip2 just holds good for other fswo.