AOR Received.
28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
Thanks! If we further limit the cases to just FSW-O, the average wait time is 37 days (based on 12 cases). I would've thought US citizens might move faster too, but the three quickest cases (13-15 days) have Indian (2) and Kenyan (1) citizenship.

ILoveBritishColumbia

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-4-2017
AOR Received.
28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
I guess so. I've been sitting on that status since June 20th, probably another indicator that it's not a real IP2.
I agree that it's very unclear whether this is IP1 or IP2... as other members have said, we won't know for sure until the next status update. Until then, I have decided to call this IP1.5 in my signature. ;) Let us hope that it proceeds swiftly to the next step for all of us!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
@ILoveBritishColumbia what is your status of additional documents? For me it says additional documents you provided are being reviewed. For true IP2, it has to be 'No additional documents required'. I checked with many who got PPR. Everyone confirmed that's the update they have for additional docs. So this is not IP2 for sure at least for me. May be long way to go!

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
@ILoveBritishColumbia what is your status of additional documents? For me it says additional documents you provided are being reviewed. For true IP2, it has to be 'No additional documents required'. I checked with many who got PPR. Everyone confirmed that's the update they have for additional docs. So this is not IP2 for sure at least for me. May be long way to go!
My additional documents section changed to "we need additional documents to process your application " like a week after ip2. But I emailed cic and found out they actually do not need any documents.

Based on your point, mine is not real ip2 for sure.

ILoveBritishColumbia

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-4-2017
AOR Received.
28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
Good point! Mine also says "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed." I bet you are right that this isn't really IP2... and I agree that we'll probably have to wait longer. :(

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good point! Mine also says "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed." I bet you are right that this isn't really IP2... and I agree that we'll probably have to wait longer. :(
@DEEPCUR @ILoveBritishColumbia I have heard most of the people who got PPR have their BG status as IP2 "We are processing your BGC". I THINK your files are placed in the IP2 queue after your completion of IP1 and your files are awaiting a final review. Once your files are picked up, the Addl Doc's will change and you will get the PPR.

Reactions: summerxx

ILoveBritishColumbia

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-4-2017
AOR Received.
28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
@DEEPCUR @ILoveBritishColumbia I have heard most of the people who got PPR have their BG status as IP2 "We are processing your BGC". I THINK your files are placed in the IP2 queue after your completion of IP1 and your files are awaiting a final review. Once your files are picked up, the Addl Doc's will change and you will get the PPR.
Interesting observation! Perhaps some of the varied statuses we are seeing reflect these different steps within the "IP2" stage.

ILoveBritishColumbia

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-4-2017
AOR Received.
28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
I crunched a few more numbers from the Tracker and came up with some average wait times, so we can get a better idea of how much longer it will take depending on what our current status is. These are all for FSW-O US residents only (based on cases that have already received PPR). Because these stats are not available directly on the Tracker, I had to filter the cases and then do the calculations manually. In the following table, “Meds” = date Meds passed.

Out of 44 FSW-O US residents who received PPR (= AOR between 09/11/16 and 31/03/17):

Days from AOR to PPR – Avg: 101 days | longest: 155 days | shortest: 73 days (n=44)
Days from AOR to Meds – Avg: 57 days | longest: 77 days | shortest: 28 days (n=42)
Days from Meds to PPR – Avg: 44 days | longest: 84 days | shortest: 13 days (n=42)
Days from AOR to IP1 – Avg: 64 days | longest: 130 days | shortest: 48 days (n=17)
Days from IP1 to NA – Avg: 11 days | longest: 29 days | shortest: 2 days (n=9)
Days from NA to IP2 – Avg: 34 days | longest: 64 days | shortest: 16 days (n=15)
Days from IP2 to PPR – Avg: 6 days | longest: 28 days | shortest: 1 day (n=18)

For those of us who aren't sure if we're in IP1 or IP2 status, the "Meds to PPR" wait time is probably the most relevant since it bypasses whatever the BG status changes are... average wait time from Meds passed to PPR is 44 days.

Reactions: summerxx

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
I crunched a few more numbers from the Tracker and came up with some average wait times, so we can get a better idea of how much longer it will take depending on what our current status is. These are all for FSW-O US residents only (based on cases that have already received PPR). Because these stats are not available directly on the Tracker, I had to filter the cases and then do the calculations manually. In the following table, “Meds” = date Meds passed.

Out of 44 FSW-O US residents who received PPR (= AOR between 09/11/16 and 31/03/17):

Days from AOR to PPR – Avg: 101 days | longest: 155 days | shortest: 73 days (n=44)
Days from AOR to Meds – Avg: 57 days | longest: 77 days | shortest: 28 days (n=42)
Days from Meds to PPR – Avg: 44 days | longest: 84 days | shortest: 13 days (n=42)
Days from AOR to IP1 – Avg: 64 days | longest: 130 days | shortest: 48 days (n=17)
Days from NA to IP2 – Avg: 34 days | longest: 64 days | shortest: 16 days (n=15)

For those of us who aren't sure if we're in IP1 or IP2 status, the "Meds to PPR" wait time is probably the most relevant since it bypasses whatever the BG status changes are... average wait time from Meds passed to PPR is 44 days.
Thanks for putting it together! It's very informative.
I'm at my day 110 since AOR and day 50 since Meds pass. Hope to see some progress soon

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Awesome !!! Thank you for this analysis.

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi i am AOR April 6th. US resident.
My medical was cleared on June 22nd and since then my status is 'your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check'

Is this normal? I am really worried.

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My medical was cleared on June 22nd and since then my status is 'your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check'

The US Applicants are processed slowly. I am not sure if you are in the tracker. I see some US Applicant with their AOR on the first week of April still waiting to see some progress post medical. I feel that you should get some updates on BG this week. You may also try calling the CIC, to know about your current status. Some people are lucky enough to get some polite agents who disclose some useful information about your case.

Were you asked or did you give a additional documents ? Thinking, if that is making some delay.

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
The US Applicants are processed slowly. I am not sure if you are in the tracker. I see some US Applicant with their AOR on the first week of April still waiting to see some progress post medical. I feel that you should get some updates on BG this week. You may also try calling the CIC, to know about your current status. Some people are lucky enough to get some polite agents who disclose some useful information about your case.

Were you asked or did you give a additional documents ? Thinking, if that is making some delay.
No nothing has been asked and no update on the case yet. I am really concerned.

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016

I think yours is normal. It took the full two months for me to pass my Meds. Then 'your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check' status stayed there for another whole month before it changed.
It sounds like you are close to get the next update to your profile.

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
I think yours is normal. It took the full two months for me to pass my Meds. Then 'your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check' status stayed there for another whole month before it changed.
It sounds like you are close to get the next update to your profile.
Did they ask for anything during that 1 month time from you? For me there is absolutely no movement. Nothing has been asked. Not sure what is going on