+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW-O USA why so long?

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
I just now checked, the Background check changed to 'NA' for me from 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check'.

What stage am i in now?

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just now checked, the Background check changed to 'NA' for me from 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check'.

What stage am i in now?
Congrats!! At-last some movement. You have passed IP1 but i am not sure what is your current stage. Someone following this thread may be able to explain you better.

I know another US applicant whose BG went from IP1 (your 'App is in progress') to NA instead of IP2 (https://myimmitracker.com/ca/trackers/april-2017-aor-permanent-residency-tracker/cases/case-20794).

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
All,

FSW-O US Resident (Indian Citizen)

AoR Jun 20
BGC Status has been Not applicable since then till just about now
Meds passed just today morning.

However I am seeing a slightly different BGC status for me just now. It is not the usual "We are processing you application.." text for BGC status, instead it says that "Your background check is in progress ..."...

Just concerned.

Is this a new message that CIC is showing nowadays?

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Did you call them?
Actually I just checked couple of minutes back, the Background check changed to 'NA' for me from 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check'.

What stage am i in now?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
All,

FSW-O US Resident (Indian Citizen)

AoR Jun 20
BGC Status has been Not applicable since then till just about now
Meds passed just today morning.

However I am seeing a slightly different BGC status for me just now. It is not the usual "We are processing you application.." text for BGC status, instead it says that "Your background check is in progress ..."...

Just concerned.

Is this a new message that CIC is showing nowadays?
Wow, that's super fast. It is called as IP1. They have started looking at your file now.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Wow, that's super fast. It is called as IP1. They have started looking at your file now.
oh, I thought "We are processing your applicaiton..." was IP1 and mine was some pre-IP1. ... fingers crossed .. but somehow this fast processing has raised some red flags in my mind ... I hope they are not prepping me up for rejection ...

how is your timeline @DEEPCUR?

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
On a general note around FSW-O US residents, it seems they have started moving things about quickly quite recently .. since the past couple of days seeing a lot of movement of meds passed going from early may AoR to mid June AoR

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Does the application goes to NA stage from IP1 for US residents? My application was in IP1 stage for three weeks and today it went to NA. Not sure whether it means something is wrong with the application that they stopped doing Background check. can anyone please let me know their thoughts on this?

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi All,

I just now got another update in my application.

In the morning it changed from 'Your Application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check' to 'Not Applicable'.
Now it changed from 'Not Applicable' to 'We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.'

Am i in IP2 stage now? How long will it take now from here?

ILoveBritishColumbia

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-4-2017
AOR Received.
28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
Does the application goes to NA stage from IP1 for US residents? My application was in IP1 stage for three weeks and today it went to NA. Not sure whether it means something is wrong with the application that they stopped doing Background check. can anyone please let me know their thoughts on this?
According to the stats I compiled in a previous message on this thread, at least 20% of FSW-O US residents have their application go from IP1 to NA as part of the normal progression. The percentage is probably higher because not everyone reports all the changes in their Background Check status. NA at this stage does not mean there is anything wrong with your application, it is simply the typical sequence of steps for the BG status on the way to PPR... so it is actually good news for you. (The actual words on all these status changes, such as "Not Applicable", are misleading... it is the change in status that is more important.) However, some US residents have seen our BG status change a second time without going through NA, and so we are not sure if we are in IP1 or IP2 status... and many applications do not follow a regular sequence at all, so you cannot determine too much from all these statuses. For further information and discussion, please see the earlier messages in this thread.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi All,

In the morning it changed from 'Your Application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check' to 'Not Applicable'.
Now it changed from 'Not Applicable' to 'We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.'

This is called ip2. You should get ppr soon.

Please sit back, stop micromanaging the application and relax now. You sound concerned with every single update that you get!

ILoveBritishColumbia

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-4-2017
AOR Received.
28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
Hi All,

Congratulations! It sounds like your application is progressing well. :)

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
This is called ip2. You should get ppr soon.

Please sit back, stop micromanaging the application and relax now. You sound concerned with every single update that you get!
Thanks. I know was really concerned with the way my application was moving till now..

bbn

Oct 16, 2016
Hi,

I am a FSW-O USA applicant with AOR May 4, 2017.

Does anyone know if medical pass is mandatory for application completeness and BG checks? In my case since my wife was pregnant, we could not complete her x-ray. So current medical status is "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam." Does this mean our application is stuck until we complete our medicals? BG status is "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". I am a bit worried about my application as I modified my NOC code after receiving ITA.

Also any pointers to what all additional forms needed to add the newborn to the application?

Thanks