+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW-O USA why so long?

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
Why, according to immitracker, is it taking longer for the FSW-O stream of US residents to clear their medicals than others?

Given the amount of cooperation, one would think that the process be a little more swift than what the trend shows. Any takes?

Thanks!

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no clue but it sure is frustrating. It seems like Brazil residents might also be in a similar boat.

djm1414

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
13-09-2017
Join the club. Nobody knows for sure. Maybe someone's on vacation at CIO-Sydney...

ILoveBritishColumbia

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-4-2017
AOR Received.
28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
There was speculation in another thread that it might have something to do with prioritizing inland medicals rather than with country of residence per se. The way to test this would be to find an applicant who lives in the US but who did his/her medicals in Canada. If his/her medicals pass sooner than other US residents, then (all other things being equal) it would show that inland medical exams are prioritized (perhaps because of the eMedical system). If, on the other hand, this candidate's medicals take the same time to pass as other US residents, then it would show that it clearly does have something to do with the US as country of residence.

I am just such an applicant... I live in the US but I did my medical exam in Canada. So far my medical hasn't passed, but my AOR is April 28 and it hasn't been 60-65 days yet-- so it is too early to tell.

djm1414

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
13-09-2017
There was speculation in another thread that it might have something to do with prioritizing inland medicals rather than with country of residence per se. The way to test this would be to find an applicant who lives in the US but who did his/her medicals in Canada. If his/her medicals pass sooner than other US residents, then (all other things being equal) it would show that inland medical exams are prioritized (perhaps because of the eMedical system). If, on the other hand, this candidate's medicals take the same time to pass as other US residents, then it would show that it clearly does have something to do with the US as country of residence.

I am just such an applicant... I live in the US but I did my medical exam in Canada. So far my medical hasn't passed, but my AOR is April 28 and it hasn't been 60-65 days yet-- so it is too early to tell.
This seems to be a new phenomenon with April AORs. The US resident March AORs on the tracker all have medical passed consistent with everyone else. I was the one speculating and it's probably not the case as our medicals don't seem to be associated with the application until an agent looks at our file and then looks up the medical results in eMedical based on the upfront information sheet we provided.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016

I believe medicals has nothing to do with this. It's purely related to someone taking up our cases for adjudication. Someone from CEC who resides in US cleared his medicals at par with other CEC.

Also, medical assessment keeps moving on irrespective of application submission. Many do medicals couple of months before their application submission in all streams, but their medical passing timeline is still consistent (60 days for FSW , <30 days for CEC).

Like I was discussing with another US resident yesterday, only when someone starts looking into our files, they link emedical system with EE system, and only then people get update on their medicals. Linking is probably the first thing that an case analyst does when they start looking in to our files. That's why people pass medicals as first thing even if their applications are cancelled due to missing documents.

Last edited:

trip90

Feb 28, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Maybe those 2 people haven't checked their profile.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My AOR was Mar 14 and got PPR on June 19....I think it depends on case to case

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
Someone from US cleared medicals after 79 days today. So that is going to be the trend.
That's simply a little too long. Shouldn't they be the first ones to clear, giving the amount of cooperation in between the two. Anyways, I hope all US residents gets their PPR requests within the 6 month time frame.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's simply a little too long. Shouldn't they be the first ones to clear, giving the amount of cooperation in between the two. Anyways, I hope all US residents gets their PPR requests within the 6 month time frame.
Fully agree...I'm 73 days in with no medicals passed. The only thing I'm thinking is maybe because the background checks should go faster due to the immense info sharing between the US and Canada, that part of the process might go quicker than most other countries. I really hope our process doesn't drag on longer than 6 months! Fingers crossed!