+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Frustration

Lonelywyf

Oct 15, 2017
Although I haven't been waiting as long as you, I know what you mean by being forgotten. If I had not ordered GCMS notes I never would have seen that they forgot to send a request for the rcmp
Report and we would be waiting even longer I'm sure. There seems to be no system in place to check whether things are moving along at a sufficient pace. It is sad that they don't place enough emphasis in reuniting families and more attention seems to be given to other immigration streams like refugees and workers. They really should be making people (PRs and citIzens) a priority, those of us who are already in the country (the majority of us) contribution to the economy/society and paying our taxes rather than people who are not even citizens yet. BTW, I'm a first generation immigrant so I'm not oblivious to the plight of these other people.
I agree with you..most resources are diverted into the other streams as u said.they could care less about us..

Tine2015

Oct 31, 2017
28months waiting here... last time we heard from them last May of this year asking for a remedical and after that nothing. Send an email to them and they just said 'QUED FOR REVIEW'

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
My husband got a request to have interview in January. It doesn’t say to bring passport just more proof of our relationship. It’s so frustrating and confusing. He will have to fly to another city for the interview and they are still going to make him wait?!

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
My husband got a request to have interview in January. It doesn’t say to bring passport just more proof of our relationship. It’s so frustrating and confusing. He will have to fly to another city for the interview and they are still going to make him wait?!
We made an enquiry through the our MP and the email response through IRCC through MP's office said an interview is required (response given on Monday) but no date was set. Did your status on GCKey account change? Our status is unchanged and it does not say we need interview on there or on eCAS. We also have not received any emails requesting for interview. I am a little ticked because I am visiting my partner in Chile now and
Leaving end of this week but don't know now if I need to go back.

Last set of GCMS notes on Oct 4 said review required and no other notes saying that they had issues with genuineness of relationship. Trying to order notes again.

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
We made an enquiry through the our MP and the email response through IRCC through MP's office said an interview is required (response given on Monday) but no date was set. Did your status on GCKey account change? Our status is unchanged and it does not say we need interview on there or on eCAS. We also have not received any emails requesting for interview. I am a little ticked because I am visiting my partner in Chile now and
Leaving end of this week but don't know now if I need to go back.

Last set of GCMS notes on Oct 4 said review required and no other notes saying that they had issues with genuineness of relationship. Trying to order notes again.
Our notes said interview recommended but it didn’t say the they didn’t think our marriage wasn’t genuine, hopefully you’ll get more information in the next set of notes. The status has not changed en ecas and not sure of gckey.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Our notes said interview recommended but it didn’t say the they didn’t think our marriage wasn’t genuine, hopefully you’ll get more information in the next set of notes. The status has not changed en ecas and not sure of gckey.
Thanks. I emailed my VO. I figured I had a legitimate excuse to do that now. Hopefully we will get an answer straight from
The horses mouth and if we don't need an interview then it will
Give them
Another nudge to finish processing our app and if we need an interview then in another month or two we should have a decision either way. I'm
Just tired of being in limbo.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Thanks. I emailed my VO. I figured I had a legitimate excuse to do that now. Hopefully we will get an answer straight from
The horses mouth and if we don't need an interview then it will
Give them
Another nudge to finish processing our app and if we need an interview then in another month or two we should have a decision either way. I'm
Just tired of being in limbo.
WOW! Im shocked that you need an interview. I ordered another set of notes on the 15th... still waiting.... this is insane. At least you know what the hold up is at this point

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
WOW! Im shocked that you need an interview. I ordered another set of notes on the 15th... still waiting.... this is insane. At least you know what the hold up is at this point
I emailed the VO this morning. I want real confirmation that we are in queue for an interview. I am still a little dubious about what this agent told my MP's office.

I will order the notes again when I get Home this weekend.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I emailed the VO this morning. I want real confirmation that we are in queue for an interview. I am still a little dubious about what this agent told my MP's office.

I will order the notes again when I get Home this weekend.
hopefully they get back to you quickly

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
I am so sad to see how many of us are waiting. BGC's that hold everything up....not only does it cost money and take several months to get, but one would think an FBI Clearance would be over half of the BGC needed. I read an article yesterday about how Refugees and Asylum seekers are taking up a lot of time and are jumping the line so to speak to process everything with such a large influx, it takes 4 months approximately to process them. I love everyone and certainly those fleeing their countries to find a better and safer home....I am not for them jumping the line and getting into Canada with jobs and health insurance and support, while those of us that also have families and lives, that paid a great deal of money, stress and deal with depression wait , months and months and months on end with zero updates. We can't plan our futures. It's very discouraging. In our case, we fell through the cracks, as CIC had given us wrong information, and after that was not available for months as far as any progress or contact. Found out last week, that I could in fact have been employed for 2 years....2 years second income we could have had. We could have been living somewhere that wasn't 500 square feet, we could have purchased a car and not taken city transit everywhere and walk everywhere with grocery bags. My husband wouldn't have been so stressed out because he has paid for everything. I could have traveled to see my family, children and grandchild, and my dying mother. This was all lost to us. We have to say it is what it is...because CIC can't even process paying, legitimate immigrants in a timely manner. Families live apart for years, children grow up without parents. It's so very sad. I cry on a daily basis. I don't even know what a "normal" life feels like. I'm sad for all of this in the same boat. NO ONE should have to be treated like this, and to think it's now "faster and easier" than it was before. There is definitely a flaw in the system. Apparently many MP's offices are flooded with issues on the Phoenix Pay System, quote "even more so than immigration issues", I think that is where all of the CIC employees went to work, as they are absent from our applications/files. I wish you all good luck and as it is what it is, we still have to stay strong, as strong as we can, and tell ourselves at some point this will all be over and we can in fact start enjoying a "normal" life.

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I am so sad to see how many of us are waiting. BGC's that hold everything up....not only does it cost money and take several months to get, but one would think an FBI Clearance would be over half of the BGC needed. I read an article yesterday about how Refugees and Asylum seekers are taking up a lot of time and are jumping the line so to speak to process everything with such a large influx, it takes 4 months approximately to process them. I love everyone and certainly those fleeing their countries to find a better and safer home....I am not for them jumping the line and getting into Canada with jobs and health insurance and support, while those of us that also have families and lives, that paid a great deal of money, stress and deal with depression wait , months and months and months on end with zero updates. We can't plan our futures. It's very discouraging. In our case, we fell through the cracks, as CIC had given us wrong information, and after that was not available for months as far as any progress or contact. Found out last week, that I could in fact have been employed for 2 years....2 years second income we could have had. We could have been living somewhere that wasn't 500 square feet, we could have purchased a car and not taken city transit everywhere and walk everywhere with grocery bags. My husband wouldn't have been so stressed out because he has paid for everything. I could have traveled to see my family, children and grandchild, and my dying mother. This was all lost to us. We have to say it is what it is...because CIC can't even process paying, legitimate immigrants in a timely manner. Families live apart for years, children grow up without parents. It's so very sad. I cry on a daily basis. I don't even know what a "normal" life feels like. I'm sad for all of this in the same boat. NO ONE should have to be treated like this, and to think it's now "faster and easier" than it was before. There is definitely a flaw in the system. Apparently many MP's offices are flooded with issues on the Phoenix Pay System, quote "even more so than immigration issues", I think that is where all of the CIC employees went to work, as they are absent from our applications/files. I wish you all good luck and as it is what it is, we still have to stay strong, as strong as we can, and tell ourselves at some point this will all be over and we can in fact start enjoying a "normal" life.
Thanks for the info and encouraging words. So sorry what you have been going through as well. We must stay positive

Last edited:

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
hopefully they get back to you quickly
We received the following email from the VO today:

Madam, Sir

Please consider that your application is in queue for interview. An exact schedule is not yet available.

No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards | Cordialement,

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration (DD)
Embassy of Canada, Mexico | Ambassade du Canada, Mexico

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada, 11520, México, D.F.
www.mexico.gc.ca

Not sure what else to do at this point other than to order GCMS notes and wait.

Although it would have been nice not to have an interview, it seems that the end to this whatever the result, will be coming to an end soon.

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
We received the following email from the VO today:

Madam, Sir

Please consider that your application is in queue for interview. An exact schedule is not yet available.

No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards | Cordialement,

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration (DD)
Embassy of Canada, Mexico | Ambassade du Canada, Mexico

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada, 11520, México, D.F.
www.mexico.gc.ca

Not sure what else to do at this point other than to order GCMS notes and wait.
I guess the notes could give you more info. I don't ger this whole interview queue thing. They need to get organized

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I guess the notes could give you more info. I don't ger this whole interview queue thing. They need to get organized
I wish they would just give us a date, I am hoping that it will happen sometime in January, but who knows, they have taken so long doing everything with our application, that I don't even want to make any predictions.

I just want this to be over with and not be in limbo anymore.