App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Actually you can do something, you can contact your visa office by email on occasion and ask for an update and if they require anything else :) i have done that every 3 months or so throughout the process.
Thanks for the advice ... I ended up doing that anyways for various things like asking them why it took so long to transfer our file and then why they didn't send us an email for the RCMP fingerprint report and then now for the interview request. I just hope I won't have to wait another 3 months of not hearing from them! If they reject our application ... don't want to have to go through the appeal process nor having to wait a few more years until my son is finished high school to move to Chile in the worse case scenario. Trying to stay positive for now ...

Last edited:

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hey Majesty
Yes, I have been following your posts on-and-off too, and you have definitely had quite the ride. I can definitely relate to the "complicated" scenario... ours is not the most straightforward either, and we are also common-law! So I will be eager to hear how you go over the next months, and wishing you an end to the limbo very very soon. You both deserve it. Keep us updated :)
Thanks for the good wishes. I think we could write a book about our experience ... maybe one day when I retire! Everyone here has their own story and those of us in legitimate relationships can all relate to the frustration of waiting. I hope your process won't be so long and drawn out! We all deserve to be with the ones we love without having to endure so much red tape to get there.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Actually you can do something, you can contact your visa office by email on occasion and ask for an update and if they require anything else :) i have done that every 3 months or so throughout the process.
Sorry to bug you, but I was just wondering if I could get your advice. Here is what we are planning to do:

I am going to order another set of GCMS notes today. Hopefully it will be arriving in the first 2 weeks in January. I am wondering, did you order notes after you found out you were in queue for an interview? If you did, did the notes give you any information as to why they wanted the interview?

If at this point, they still don't have a date for an interview (and this would probably bring us close to the 12 month mark in processing for us as we applied January 25, 2017), I plan to go back to our MP's office. What should I ask them to ask of the VO on our behalf to speed up the interview process and to obtain more information as to why they want to interview?

Any info you can provide for us, thanks in advance!

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Sorry to bug you, but I was just wondering if I could get your advice. Here is what we are planning to do:

I am going to order another set of GCMS notes today. Hopefully it will be arriving in the first 2 weeks in January. I am wondering, did you order notes after you found out you were in queue for an interview? If you did, did the notes give you any information as to why they wanted the interview?

If at this point, they still don't have a date for an interview (and this would probably bring us close to the 12 month mark in processing for us as we applied January 25, 2017), I plan to go back to our MP's office. What should I ask them to ask of the VO on our behalf to speed up the interview process and to obtain more information as to why they want to interview?

Any info you can provide for us, thanks in advance!

Hi
I didnt reorder them.
Once i knew people started to get interview dates i emailed them, they said i was still in queue but a few days later got my interview dates.

I bet you will be approved without any interview at this point.
Email them in good faith, and just ask if you are still in queue. That cannot hurt. They will typically say u are... and then a few days later, u may get another update on your cgkey.
It might make them move and before u know it u will have a decision made online like a few the last week or so!

I find notes useless and they prob find it bothersome if we ask for them so much.

My opinion here.
Also email mexico yourself, dont use the MP

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hi
I didnt reorder them.
Once i knew people started to get interview dates i emailed them, they said i was still in queue but a few days later got my interview dates.

I bet you will be approved without any interview at this point.
Email them in good faith, and just ask if you are still in queue. That cannot hurt. They will typically say u are... and then a few days later, u may get another update on your cgkey.
It might make them move and before u know it u will have a decision made online like a few the last week or so!

I find notes useless and they prob find it bothersome if we ask for them so much.

My opinion here.
Also email mexico yourself, dont use the MP
I actually did email the VO after the MP's office told them we were in queue for an interview and they emailed me back saying that we were in queue but no interview date has been set. Also that there is no further action needed on our part and thank you for being patient, etc.

I am not sure what I could say to them at this point? I don't want to irritate the VO officers unless there is something legitimate I can add.

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
I actually did email the VO after the MP's office told them we were in queue for an interview and they emailed me back saying that we were in queue but no interview date has been set. Also that there is no further action needed on our part and thank you for being patient, etc.

I am not sure what I could say to them at this point? I don't want to irritate the VO officers unless there is something legitimate I can add.
When was the last time you got that letter?
Quite possible you will be in the next interviews then since u applied in late Jan 2017. :) or like i said earlier they arent quite at you yet and maybe you dont even need one!

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
When was the last time you got that letter?
Quite possible you will be in the next interviews then since u applied in late Jan 2017. :) or like i said earlier they arent quite at you yet and maybe you dont even need one!
We applied Jan 25 but didn't get AOR 2 until end of May so in the batch after your group.

Not sure when they will schedule interview as your group was completed in Oct and November, right?

Here is my recent information history timeline:
First week of November I received my GCMS notes generated on Oct 4, and there was no indication that we needed interview.

Last Monday November 27, I received email from MP's office (which I had contacted on Nov 15 after I received the last set of notes). The email said that IRCC agent emailed them that an interview was required, but no date was set.

On Wednesday November 29, I emailed the VO asking them to confirm if we were in queue for interview and whether they had a date scheduled (pointed out we applied over 10 months ago).

VO replied by email on Friday December 1 that we were in fact in queue for an interview, but exact schedule was not available and there is no further action needed on our part. They thanked us for our patience and keeping our correspondence to a minimum. That was it.

So even after that email, you think that we might not need an interview? Nothing has changed on eCAS and GCKey account. However, they don't seem to update anything on there as it has stayed the same since May 26 (AOR 2) on eCAS and the same since March 6 on GCKey account when our file was transferred.

If I don't hear from them by January 25 (12 month mark), I am going to email them again. And if I actually have time, I will call IRCC call centre ... bother my MP, every channel I have available, because at that point I think I am justified! I suspect that more people will be off for 2 weeks or so around Christmas, so not much will happen last 2 weeks of this month.

Last edited:
Reactions: msb

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
We applied Jan 25 but didn't get AOR 2 until end of May so in the batch after your group.

Not sure when they will schedule interview as your group was completed in Oct and November, right?

First week of November I received my GCMS notes generated on Oct 4, and there was no indication that we needed interview.

Last Monday November 27, I received email from MP's office (which I had contacted on Nov 15 after I received the last set of notes). The email said that IRCC agent emailed them that an interview was required, but no date was set.

On Wednesday November 29, I emailed the VO asking them to confirm if we were in queue for interview and whether they had a date scheduled (pointed out we applied over 10 months ago).

VO replied by email on Friday December 1 that we were in fact in queue for an interview, but exact schedule was not available and there is no further action needed on our part. They thanked us for our patience and keeping our correspondence to a minimum. That was it.

So even after that email, you think that we might not need an interview? Nothing has changed on eCAS and GCKey account. However, they don't seem to update anything on there as it has stayed the same since May 26 (AOR 2) on eCAS and the same since March 6 on GCKey account when our file was transferred.

If I don't hear from them by January 25 (12 month mark), I am going to email them again. And if I actually have time, I will call IRCC call centre ... bother my MP, every channel I have available, because at that point I think I am justified! I suspect that more people will be off for 2 weeks or so around Christmas, so not much will happen last 2 weeks of this month.
Our MP emailed us around the 8th of sept and they had called the "number" or VO and informed us we were in queue for interview. Sept 22 we got email to let us know about he interview and it was for Oct 24.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Our MP emailed us around the 8th of sept and they had called the "number" or VO and informed us we were in queue for interview. Sept 22 we got email to let us know about he interview and it was for Oct 24.
Thanks for sharing. I sure hope we hear something sooner rather than later. Right now, all we can do is wait.

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018

Yes someone who applied in dec like me also got the email to say she was in queue.
Strangely she wasnt called for the interview in oct like me. They were so stressed out about all that....
She just got the email request for the passport few days ago.
They approved her after all, without interview

So saying you are in queue does not mean you will have an interview for sure. Chances are you may or may not. :)

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Yes someone who applied in dec like me also got the email to say she was in queue.
Strangely she wasnt called for the interview in oct like me. They were so stressed out about all that....
She just got the email request for the passport few days ago.
They approved her after all, without interview

So saying you are in queue does not mean you will have an interview for sure. Chances are you may or may not. :)
Thanks for your message. I just find this process a little mind boggling. Why do they bother telling you that you are in queue for an interview if it might not happen at all??

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Thanks for your message. I just find this process a little mind boggling. Why do they bother telling you that you are in queue for an interview if it might not happen at all??
Well maybe at the time they did want an interview but by the time interviews came, more people needed it than her and simply decided that she would not need one after all is my guess.
They are approving people at the speed of light. Looks like they are doing many applicants from december. Looks like the January folks arent too far behind too!
Chin up, you are getting there my friend.

Reactions: bajanqueen

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Everything they do boggles the mind. Hope you hear something asap!

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Well maybe at the time they did want an interview but by the time interviews came, more people needed it than her and simply decided that she would not need one after all is my guess.
They are approving people at the speed of light. Looks like they are doing many applicants from december. Looks like the January folks arent too far behind too!
Chin up, you are getting there my friend.
Just wish they would just change their minds now and push us through ... one less app for them to deal with in the new year

Reactions: msb

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...