+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Frustration

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
IRC thinks the system is working perfectly well for everyone and their priority is to reunite families in the shortest time possible..but actually it is to keep us apart as long as they can...how is it a fair system when some applicant cases have been forgotten on desks for years and others get everything finalized in a matter of weeks?..i don't know what to do anymore
It’s not fair. It’s not fair how someone going on 8 months has half the progress of someone from July

Lonelywyf

Oct 15, 2017
I feel your pain even though you have been waiting longer, it’s not fair for anyone to be separated from their family
Absolutely..the system needs to be fixed. I know a friend in the UK who applied for his wife and only had to wait for a week.IRC sucks..even the state's system is much better than ours.

Lonelywyf

Oct 15, 2017
When we applied we included tons of proof even our child's birth certificate (Born in Canada) and they still sent us the so call Fairness letter and accused us of being a fraud jus because a missing stamp we didn't know was required..

when I got the letter only 6days was left on the 30day deadline because it came via regular mail, addressed to my husband but sent to me in Canada. my husband never received the letter through email or GCKEY even though they have his contact info and requested schedule A months earlier..had I not received it and rushed to my MP to request an extension, the application would have been rejected

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
When we applied we included tons of proof even our child's birth certificate (Born in Canada) and they still sent us the so call Fairness letter and accused us of being a fraud jus because a missing stamp we didn't know was required..

when I got the letter only 6days was left on the 30day deadline because it came via regular mail, addressed to my husband but sent to me in Canada. my husband never received the letter through email or GCKEY even though they have his contact info and requested schedule A months earlier..had I not received it and rushed to my MP to request an extension, the application would have been rejected
I’ve never heard of this fairness letter

Lonelywyf

Oct 15, 2017
Isn’t that what the interview is for? This would be frustrating
I think if it's a documents related, they will do it by writing.. someone I know also got that letter without being interviewed under" non genuine marriage" but after they provided more proof he was given his visa

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I think if it's a documents related, they will do it by writing.. someone I know also got that letter without being interviewed under" non genuine marriage" but after they provided more proof he was given his visa
That’s good at least, hope the same for you

Reactions: Lonelywyf

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
IRC thinks the system is working perfectly well for everyone and their priority is to reunite families in the shortest time possible..but actually it is to keep us apart as long as they can...how is it a fair system when some applicant cases have been forgotten on desks for years and others get everything finalized in a matter of weeks?..i don't know what to do anymore
Although I haven't been waiting as long as you, I know what you mean by being forgotten. If I had not ordered GCMS notes I never would have seen that they forgot to send a request for the rcmp
Report and we would be waiting even longer I'm sure. There seems to be no system in place to check whether things are moving along at a sufficient pace. It is sad that they don't place enough emphasis in reuniting families and more attention seems to be given to other immigration streams like refugees and workers. They really should be making people (PRs and citIzens) a priority, those of us who are already in the country (the majority of us) contribution to the economy/society and paying our taxes rather than people who are not even citizens yet. BTW, I'm a first generation immigrant so I'm not oblivious to the plight of these other people.

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Although I haven't been waiting as long as you, I know what you mean by being forgotten. If I had not ordered GCMS notes I never would have seen that they forgot to send a request for the rcmp
Report and we would be waiting even longer I'm sure. There seems to be no system in place to check whether things are moving along at a sufficient pace. It is sad that they don't place enough emphasis in reuniting families and more attention seems to be given to other immigration streams like refugees and workers. They really should be making people (PRs and citIzens) a priority, those of us who are already in the country (the majority of us) contribution to the economy/society and paying our taxes rather than people who are not even citizens yet. BTW, I'm a first generation immigrant so I'm not oblivious to the plight of these other people.
Well put.