+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filed in September 2009?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Thanks barsindoo and Garian4u.. I think going to DC will be a big deal now with the way snow storms have been hitting the east coast states. Let me see what I can do in the coming week.

Sohail - I would agree with Garian4u.. As long as you got the email after the recall you are fine. And the ecas status will be shown after 10 to 15 days only. Try the BXXXXXXXX number as your Immigration file number.

yesIcan

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0213 and 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Quite right Pasi. But, I had tried with the BXXXXXXXX as Immigration File Number before with the same result as YesIcan. But, today after reading your post I retried and it did give me the same status as yours. I think, it takes quite sometime for them to update the e-CAS status after providing the AOR. This is because I had checked last week and I wasn't able to see what I saw today.
thanx barsindoo and garian4u

strangely I am still unable to check my ecas status. Still giving me the earlier message. I am giving that Bxxxxx number in with Immigration File Number identifier but nothing.

BTW congrats on ur good score Pasi

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Pasi said:
Garian4u, I got my IELTS results today. It was in my mailbox when I checked it in the evening. Overall band is 8. All the modules are more than 7.5 which means I can get 16 points for my language ability. I am happy about it.

Reg the Indian PCC, I have not heard anything from the embassy yet. I will try calling them on Monday. Other than that, I think I am done with all the docs.
Pasi, same here. Got my IELTS results today. Above 7.5 in all and overall band 8. Just wanted to share.

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpr said:
Pasi, same here. Got my IELTS results today. Above 7.5 in all and overall band 8. Just wanted to share.
canpr,
i will be giving my ielts in jan, could you please suggest me some books or cds. i am very poor in writing essays and answering passages, i want to improve these skills.

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
balu0427 said:
canpr,
i will be giving my ielts in jan, could you please suggest me some books or cds. i am very poor in writing essays and answering passages, i want to improve these skills.
Balu, honestly, I did not do much preparation for IELTS. I booked the exam 2 weeks before my test date. I took an online listening test that were available free from this website [canadavisa]. And I did a reading test the day before the exam. I also did one writing test by myself 1 hour before I left for the test center. But, the writing test, I did not go to any website, I created a situation myself and I wrote a letter addressing that situation. This was all my preparation. How you and I see the exam may not be the same but trust me, I haven't attended an easier exam before. The only challenge that you might face during the exam is 'TIME'. I was more concerned about 'Speaking' test but, I am happy that I got a band of 9. So, take it easy and do some google about IELTS. You will end up with lots of free exams. Hope this helps. Feel free to revert back on any further clarifications.

Thank you.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Thanks YesIcan. not sure what is happening with your ecas status. You and I got the AOR email on the same day. strange..

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
balu0427 said:
canpr,
Balu0427, try Cambridge IELTS series. I found those are awesome. From the way you are describing, I think this series should give you a very good jumpstart. Hope this helps.

Thank you.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes rely, all Sept cases have got intimation from Sydney CIO. CIO is in fact now responding to Oct cases and last that I know of, has already started issuing AOR till Oct 3rd week filers.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Garian4u, today I got my PCC application returned from the DC embassy. They had kept a notice that they need original passport for doing the verification. So this option is ruled out. I will proceed with my document consolidation and submission to Buffalo. This is the only thing I was waiting for. I ll have to get it later from India.

aadil

Nov 2, 2009
I had applied under Federal Skill Worker.

Application sent: 2nd September, 2009
Application Received: 10th September, 2009
AOR Received: 29th October, 2009
Full Document Sent : 16th December, 2009
Waiting for Second AOR:

yhya_kuraz

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
17-11-2009
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
23-03-2012
Med's Done....
14-04-2012
your time line seems like mine i finaly sent my full document on Dscember 16,2009 and still awaiting for receive confirmation
i heared that it will take around two weeks.
good luck for all

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I have a question. My wife had been working before but is not after we came to the US. Regarding the full list of documents to be submitted to Buffalo, under "7. Work Experience", do you think it is required for us to submit Work Experience proofs / documents for my wife. My understanding is it is required only if she had worked in Canada under a work permit, but she has never worked in Canada. Can anyone help ratify or confirm my understanding? I will produce the extract from the checklist below:
[For the accompanying spouse or common-law partner:
• original and up-to-date letters of reference, including all details as specified above, in respect of any employment in Canada under a work permit.
• a copy of the work permit.]

Do I have to submit her work experience, if I am the primary applicant?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have one more question and hope Pasi or other seniors could provide some insight. What is acceptable evidence of Date of Birth - Pass certificate of Class Xth or do we absolutely require a Birth Registration record from the municipality of hospital of birth?