+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filed in September 2009?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi, Certainly not a bad idea at all. I guess I will wait out this week and if it doesn't come then will file early next week without the FBI PCC. I am pissed off, but mostly with myself for having misread the reqmt.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Haha... I think you have to forget that part of missing the requirement... whatever done is done.. we need to see ways to rectify our mistake.. I thought this is one good way.. instead of waiting, you can apply. but there is one other point here. if you do like this, it means you are not giving your docs in one shot. we dont want this to be a chance for them to delay your processing. I hope you understand what I mean.. if you add a doc at a later stage, your file should not be pushed to the end of the queue.

For me, I would be doing it this way as I dont have any other option if I am not getting my PCC from the DC embassy. So you think and decide.

amay

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
02-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
29-Mar-2010
Med's Request
04-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
26-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Aug-2011
Garian4u,

My credit card was charged by FBI on 9th Dec. So hopefully my FBI PCC will arrive soon. When called up they still do not see any updated status and I continue to get general repsonse that it will happen in few days. Wait and call again next week. But at least it is moving now as they have charged the credit card.

Thanks,
amay

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amay, thanks a lot for the update. Do advise me what should I be doing or whether I should just remain quiet and wait. I reached out to them using the e-mail ID that you provided and they responded back with the standard reply that the processing time is 8-10 weeks and my request has not yet been logged into their system. I had not put any expedite request last time when I had applied (received by them on 2 Nov 09). Should I send another request with expedite timelines or just wait or should I keep calling them every week?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
garian4u - I think you will also see some positive things in the next few days.. now you have atleast one person who has reported about a credit card being charged.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Garian4u, I found this post in one other thread..

Re: FBI Clearance in US
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 07:19:06 pm »
Hi .. I spoke with FBI today and they told me they are currently processing docs recd between the 17th and the 21st .. U shud get ures soon if this is the case

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great, where did you read that? Thanks for the info Pasi. So, did you mean 21st Oct, so, I should be 10 days away. But, then that is also consistent with their posted timeline of 8-10 weeks, which means my chances of applying before Christmas are shattered. At best I can apply only in mid-Jan sometime, I guess.

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
garian4u, you may not be 10 days away. Yes, on calendar you may be 10 days away but, it all depends on how long FBI takes to process each applicant and how long would they take to process those 5 days (17-21). If they take 5 days to process applicants from those 5 days, then yes, you are 10 days away. On the other hand if FBI takes 20 days to process the applicants from those 5 days, then you may be like a month or more away. I am not trying to demotivate you but, I am just trying keep you away from false expectations. Hope this helps.

Thank you.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpr said:
garian4u, you may not be 10 days away. Yes, on calendar you may be 10 days away but, it all depends on how long FBI takes to process each applicant and how long would they take to process those 5 days (17-21). If they take 5 days to process applicants from those 5 days, then yes, you are 10 days away. On the other hand if FBI takes 20 days to process the applicants from those 5 days, then you may be like a month or more away. I am not trying to demotivate you but, I am just trying keep you away from false expectations. Hope this helps.

Thank you.
canpr, I am completely aware of that calculation and that is why I mentioned that I will now be able to submit full docs only by mid-Jan, it seems. I am fully ready with all documents, the day that I receive the FBI PCC, next day I will file to Buffalo. So, by 10 days awaya, I actually meant 10 days away from a probable credit card charge. My estimate was the around Christmas, FBI will pick up my request and I should get it by 2nd week of Jan.

amay

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
02-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
29-Mar-2010
Med's Request
04-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
26-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Aug-2011
Hi,

Today I called FBI again and was told that my case has been finalized and it will be mailed some time next week. This is great news. I am ready with everything else. Now my other problem still exists. File number email from Sydney had asked me to send my full docs to Buffalo, USA. This is wrong because I live in UK now. So my case should go to London, UK. CIC's response to the email from my consultant was confusing as they responded saying that the first stage is complete. I already know that. Now I have been advised to write to Buffalo office instead of Sydney. Any thoughts?

Garian4u, even if you have not mentioned any deadline in your intial application to FBI, you can always send an email to them saying that you forgot to do so, but you need to receive police certificate by certain date. They would respond. Follow up with emails and phone calls. I see that FBI clearance has slowed down for many people (probably everybody who has applied from Oct onwards). And instead of 5 weeks (which used to be their average repsonse time in the past), now it is certainly 10 weeks or so. Good luck.

Thanks,
amay

yesIcan

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0213 and 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, especially Pasi and gariun4u. hope ur preparation is going fine.

got my IELTS score. I got
Listening 8
Reading 7
Writing 7
Speaking 7.5

so I think I'll secure 16 points. One more thing. From the past few days I am trying to login to ecas site using AOR file number, but it says
"We were not able to identify you using information you provided".

Have you guys been able to check ur status ??

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats YesIcan. You have gotten yourself 16points for use of English. Wonderful!

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Barsindoo

I sent my full docs onDec 10..I see we have sent the docs in the month of Dec.Can u inform me after how many days the ecas changed..

ote author=barsindoo link=topic=25785.msg187455#msg187455 date=1261216129]
Congrats YesIcan. You have gotten yourself 16points for use of English. Wonderful!
[/quote]

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NVR,

My ecas changed after 10days to received by visa office.

Regards,

Barsindoo