None
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2012
LANDED..........
28-07-2012
IrinaAbdNova said:
Thank you for such a detailed reply =)) Yeah wow your situation is confusing. I am glad you got it though =))
Now that you mentioned it I remember reading that you have to live in Ontario for 12 months. So basically when I come to Canada I have to wait 12 months before I can apply or in order to be eligible I have to have lived in Ontario for a year? :mad: Sorry I am a bit confused ??? The thing is, i am not really a newcomer, I lived and studied in Toronto for 4 years but I didn't finish all my classes. I've been out of Canada for almost 2 years now.

And also congrats on your G2 !!! You are on fire !!!!! :D

KJG, thank you also for your reply =)

I have a SIN number, I have credit history (not a great one though), and I did tax returns for all the years I lived there except 2010 (that's the year I left). Does that help my situation =)?

And about the marriage, how does it affect OSAP if you are married?

Sorry about the off topic :-[, this OSAP stuff are new to me.

And on topic if anyone is interested. I am a feb applicant it has been 3 months since my husband was approved and I have not heard anything since :( :mad:
You know, then maybe you should apply! Honestly, what is the worst that can happen? They can say no, then you wait a year. But it's free to apply to osap, so may as well try! I think you need to be accepted to a program first before you can apply but don't quote me on that.

being married obviously they assume your spouse will be working and helping you out, so you get less funding. I have enough to cover my tuition but will have to get an education line of credit for other expenses. Hubby doesn't have a job yet, we are flagpoling on Saturday, but hopefully by the time school starts in Sept, he will have a job and we can wean ourselves off beans and perogies (super cheap foods! lol)

Belinasha

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
14-09-2012 - New FBI needed - 120 days to submit - then told disregard request
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
29-05-2012 to LA
Med's Request
Meds received 29-05-2012; Medical extension received 16-10-2012
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2013 received at LA 08-01-2013 ; Decision Made 1-17-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2013 sent to wrong address; 13-02-2013 LA replied new COPR sent to correct address; 21-02-2013 COPR arrives in mail at new address
LANDED..........
22-02-2013....FINALLY after almost 1 full year since applying
IrinaAbdNova, if you have any questions about OSAP, you can go to this forum: http://www.studentawards.com/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=179

There is every possible answer to every possible OSAP question to be asked. And yes, being married does affect your OSAP entitlement. I got more from being a single parent in previous years, but this years OSAP was much less because I got married. I get my loan certificate next Wednesday...here's hoping the money doesn't take long to be deposited!!! It's been a long year since my husband can't work here in Canada!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Well it is just a minor delay because of your whole New Delhi mishap. But you will get DM first.
I don't know... Let's look at the facts.

Everyone in Manila VO who applied around the same time as I and even 2 weeks after, already got their PPR 1 and a half months ago. That's 6 weeks ago. PPR. So that leads me to believe it took about 2-3 weeks for them to receive PPR.

They said the file was supposed to be locked when it reached New Delhi but if that was the case, we should have received PPR from Manila already because that's already 5 weeks since the file was locked in. So I'm already at 5 weeks in and she didn't get PPR compared to the 2-3 weeks everyone else had. :\

1) They make us wait 120 to tell me they need some forms with modified information (which was unnecessary to begin with)
2) They delay us with another 3 weeks.
3) They send the application to the wrong country.
4) They blatantly lie about having the application locked in when it was receive in New Delhi although clearly that is not the case since it doesn't take 5 weeks to send a PPR from Manila.

I mean if you look at it from my perspective, you should clearly see how unfairly we're being treated. I personally feel we're being picked on for whatever evil reason those buffoons from immigration have in their heads. Because it seems to me this isn't going to end just at #4. There is no way that all these problems would occur on just one application. I understand maybe 1 problem, or rarely 2. But already 4 and SOME BIG mistakes like that?

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
I don't know... Let's look at the facts.

Everyone in Manila VO who applied around the same time as I and even 2 weeks after, already got their PPR 1 and a half months ago. That's 6 weeks ago. PPR. So that leads me to believe it took about 2-3 weeks for them to receive PPR.

They said the file was supposed to be locked when it reached New Delhi but if that was the case, we should have received PPR from Manila already because that's already 5 weeks since the file was locked in. So I'm already at 5 weeks in and she didn't get PPR compared to the 2-3 weeks everyone else had. :\

1) They make us wait 120 to tell me they need some forms with modified information (which was unnecessary to begin with)
2) They delay us with another 3 weeks.
3) They send the application to the wrong country.
4) They blatantly lie about having the application locked in when it was receive in New Delhi although clearly that is not the case since it doesn't take 5 weeks to send a PPR from Manila.

I mean if you look at it from my perspective, you should clearly see how unfairly we're being treated. I personally feel we're being picked on for whatever evil reason those buffoons from immigration have in their heads. Because it seems to me this isn't going to end just at #4. There is no way that all these problems would occur on just one application. I understand maybe 1 problem, or rarely 2. But already 4 and SOME BIG mistakes like that?
ahh TS....feel so bad for you....but I do not think you are intentionally being picked on....I work in a law office and I have some amazingly big files and sometimes for whatever reason....the file is cursed...what can go wrong does go wrong....not saying that the outcome is bad it is just to get from beginning to end should have been a helluva lot easier and way less stressful.......it really is a case of murphys law......and as much as it is a real p**s off.....everything happens for a reason so have a little faith.....your wife will have her ppr very very soon!!!!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
TVG said:
Thanks for the info. I will definitively tell them that.
I declared I was married but they demanded to see the marriage cert. and SIN.

I sent them a reply with a marriage cert. and told them she got no SIN cuz she's not in Canada yet.

And these morons sent me another letter asking for her SIN. Don't they speak english or something?? I guess I'll send them a reply saying again she got no SIN.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
KJG said:
ahh TS....feel so bad for you....but I do not think you are intentionally being picked on....I work in a law office and I have some amazingly big files and sometimes for whatever reason....the file is cursed...what can go wrong does go wrong....not saying that the outcome is bad it is just to get from beginning to end should have been a helluva lot easier and way less stressful.......it really is a case of murphys law......and as much as it is a real p**s off.....everything happens for a reason so have a little faith.....your wife will have her ppr very very soon!!!!

IrinaAbdNova

Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
30/10/2011
bally21 said:
You know, then maybe you should apply! Honestly, what is the worst that can happen? They can say no, then you wait a year. But it's free to apply to osap, so may as well try! I think you need to be accepted to a program first before you can apply but don't quote me on that.

being married obviously they assume your spouse will be working and helping you out, so you get less funding. I have enough to cover my tuition but will have to get an education line of credit for other expenses. Hubby doesn't have a job yet, we are flagpoling on Saturday, but hopefully by the time school starts in Sept, he will have a job and we can wean ourselves off beans and perogies (super cheap foods! lol
Thank you for you help =)))) Yeah I will try once I understand how it all works =))) I want to try and call them, maybe they can help me on the phone or at least give a general idea on how to proceed in my situation.
And I am accepted at a program, however I am inactive student, so I would have to get in contact with my program coordinator.

I actually thought it was the opposite, I read on some of the websites abt OSAP that if you are married you get more money in order to provide for your spouse. I guess in case where the spouse works than they will give less money cos they take hers/his income into consideration. Anyways as long as my tuition is covered I will be happy :)

I love perogies ;D, I am russian so we eat a lot of it 8)

Belinasha said:
IrinaAbdNova, if you have any questions about OSAP, you can go to this forum: http://www.studentawards.com/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=179

There is every possible answer to every possible OSAP question to be asked. And yes, being married does affect your OSAP entitlement. I got more from being a single parent in previous years, but this years OSAP was much less because I got married. I get my loan certificate next Wednesday...here's hoping the money doesn't take long to be deposited!!! It's been a long year since my husband can't work here in Canada!
Thank you for your input =) I will definitely check this site out. Best of luck with your studies =)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
I was just trying to be encouraging. I know your case has not gone well but she will get her PPR and she will get her visa and then it will all be worth it when you are together.

ashkhullar

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
26-04-2012(by e-mail)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012 by mail, sent 17.05.2012,received by ND on 18th may ,(in process on 13th june 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 27-07-12
LANDED..........
in canada since 7th August 2012
hi friends
i got DM today ,very happy .........can't explain
& waiting for the PP with shining visa

bally21

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Northern Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2012
LANDED..........
28-07-2012
IrinaAbdNova said:
Thank you for you help =)))) Yeah I will try once I understand how it all works =))) I want to try and call them, maybe they can help me on the phone or at least give a general idea on how to proceed in my situation.
And I am accepted at a program, however I am inactive student, so I would have to get in contact with my program coordinator.

I actually thought it was the opposite, I read on some of the websites abt OSAP that if you are married you get more money in order to provide for your spouse. I guess in case where the spouse works than they will give less money cos they take hers/his income into consideration. Anyways as long as my tuition is covered I will be happy :)

I love perogies ;D, I am russian so we eat a lot of it 8)

Thank you for your input =) I will definitely check this site out. Best of luck with your studies =)
Thanks! Perogies are awesome, very cheap here!
The OSAP website does make it sound like you get more if you're married but I have found you actually get less. But on the bright side, less to pay back when I graduate!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
ashkhullar said:
hi friends
i got DM today ,very happy .........can't explain
& waiting for the PP with shining visa
congrats...that is awesome!!!! :D

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
I was wondering what kind of updates do you get on ECAS? We have the sponsor approval info and under the Application Status it has that they received the application on Feb. 27th and that the medical results have been received. Do there tend to be other updates on there or am I really now just waiting for it to say Decision Made at some point in the next year? Thanks!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
You'll see in process, decision made and a Canadian address for the PA will show up.

Belinasha

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
14-09-2012 - New FBI needed - 120 days to submit - then told disregard request
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
29-05-2012 to LA
Med's Request
Meds received 29-05-2012; Medical extension received 16-10-2012
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2013 received at LA 08-01-2013 ; Decision Made 1-17-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2013 sent to wrong address; 13-02-2013 LA replied new COPR sent to correct address; 21-02-2013 COPR arrives in mail at new address
LANDED..........
22-02-2013....FINALLY after almost 1 full year since applying
As for the OSAP stuff, I thought when I applied earlier this year that I would get about the same amount because when I was reading the OSAP information, the max amounts you can get if you're a single parent or married are the same. I think it's 560 per week. I compared my entitlements from the previous year and this year and as a single parent the previous year, I got $10 000 for my 1st and 2nd disbursements. This time, I am getting 6100 from OSAP and 1200 from a grant, so only $7300. The different is pretty big, but it is less that I will have to pay back.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
I was just trying to be encouraging. I know your case has not gone well but she will get her PPR and she will get her visa and then it will all be worth it when you are together.
I'm keeping my immigration whip with me nonetheless. :D
Thanks canadiangirl :)