+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
thejackson said:
Dear Prof and Respected Uncle QORAX,

I intend landing in Vancouver soon though I want to settle in Calgary for the following reason

My wife is pregnant and her sister lives in Vancouver. We want to land so as to avoid adding another baby to our application after the medicals.Secondly, I intend coming back to pick my children and resigning from my job.

How do I go about this

Thank you sir
It's a perfect plan Sir.
With AB u'd have ur health plan from day-1 and that'd help u a lot with the delivery. And as u organize ur housing and ur sis joins u@Calgary u could leave for ur homeland to fetch ur kids. Just remember that they land before their PRVs expire.

LOUTH

Oct 5, 2011
Lethbridge
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
21-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-12
LANDED..........
06-05-12
Re: I have been accepted for a job in Vancouver

Sherin said:
Hello Qorax,

I have done my medicals last October. Still waiting for my PR visa (London vo). In my application ON is my
destination but now I wanna go to Vancouver cus I have been accepted in a job in Vancouver. Now, If I sent
to VO the job offer would this speed up my visa? My new manager to be is asking me to come in the middle of May
and I'm worried that if I m delayed I'll lose the offer!

Would appreciate your kind help to advise.
Thanks
Have you sent any CSE to LVO wondering the reasons for the delay in processing your medical since oct 2011?Are you FSW1? Like Qorax stated LVO is not moved by job offer. I had similar experince with a permanent job offer yet PR process still took the "normal "course of event!

Louth

troyporter

Oct 26, 2007
Thx Qorax. This question been plaguing me for some time. My mind is now at ease.

I have one question though. I am planning to buy a return ticket from my home country (Jamaica), land in TO, complete the process and come back home to Jamaica to return to Canada for good at a later date. I would have the PR card mailed to a friend's house in TO and subsequently work out getting it down to me in JA.

Do you foresee any problems with this plan? Do you advise against?

Sherin

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Re: I have been accepted for a job in Vancouver

LOUTH said:
Have you sent any CSE to LVO wondering the reasons for the delay in processing your medical since oct 2011?Are you FSW1? Like Qorax stated LVO is not moved by job offer. I had similar experince with a permanent job offer yet PR process still took the "normal "course of event!

Louth
Thanks Louth for your reply. I have received my passport request by LOV and submitted passport on the 25th of April.
Regards,
Sherin

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
troyporter said:
Thx Qorax. This question been plaguing me for some time. My mind is now at ease.

I have one question though. I am planning to buy a return ticket from my home country (Jamaica), land in TO, complete the process and come back home to Jamaica to return to Canada for good at a later date. I would have the PR card mailed to a friend's house in TO and subsequently work out getting it down to me in JA.

Do you foresee any problems with this plan? Do you advise against?
Hi,

It should be Ok... many do so that way.

All the best.

emjay025

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> Transferred to New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO - Mar 22, 2010; Full docs to Buffalo mid-Oct, 2010
AOR Received.
1st - June 24, 2010; 2nd - Jan 7, 2011
File Transfer...
Transferred to New York, Nov 16, 2011
Med's Request
Mar 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 14, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 5, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 4, 2012
LANDED..........
May 12, 2012
Hello,
I am currently working in Toronto as a TFW, but I plan on doing my landing process via the border at Niagara Falls.

Just wondering how long the landing process takes via land POE?

I plan on taking a day trip to Buffalo for shopping either before or after the landing process, but I will be with my wife and 10-month old daughter (both Canadian citizens), and I'm gauging which will be most convenient for them.

If I do the landing process after our trip, I'd imagine we would be doing the landing process at night (11pm-ish), but will my wife and daughter be able to stay in the car?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
emjay025 said:
Hello,
I am currently working in Toronto as a TFW, but I plan on doing my landing process via the border at Niagara Falls.

Just wondering how long the landing process takes via land POE?

I plan on taking a day trip to Buffalo for shopping either before or after the landing process, but I will be with my wife and 10-month old daughter (both Canadian citizens), and I'm gauging which will be most convenient for them.

If I do the landing process after our trip, I'd imagine we would be doing the landing process at night (11pm-ish), but will my wife and daughter be able to stay in the car?
Hi,

If it's not a weekend u should be able to complete the process in less than 25-30 mins. Weekends r mad@Rainbow bridge u must be aware of that. Ditto@Windsor border.

Usually u'd be asked to park ur car and take everyone, with the yellow slip, inside.

All the best.

emjay025

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> Transferred to New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO - Mar 22, 2010; Full docs to Buffalo mid-Oct, 2010
AOR Received.
1st - June 24, 2010; 2nd - Jan 7, 2011
File Transfer...
Transferred to New York, Nov 16, 2011
Med's Request
Mar 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 14, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 5, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 4, 2012
LANDED..........
May 12, 2012
qorax said:
Hi,

If it's not a weekend u should be able to complete the process in less than 25-30 mins. Weekends r mad @ Rainbow bridge u must be aware of that. Ditto @ Windsor border.

Usually u'd be asked to park ur car and take everyone, with the yellow slip, inside.

All the best.
Thanks Qorax. Was gonna go through the Queenston Lewiston Bridge. Should be about the same thing there, right?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
emjay025 said:
Thanks Qorax. Was gonna go through the Queenston Lewiston Bridge. Should be about the same thing there, right?
That's usually a better option vis-a-vis the crowd. Nonetheless, the process remains the same elsewhere.

troyporter

Oct 26, 2007
qorax said:
Hi,

It should be Ok... many do so that way.

All the best.
Hi Qorax, I read some posts where persons say the immigration officers refused to accept addresses that belong to "friends" for sending the PR card to. My concern is: (remember my plan is to land and come back home to Jamaica after a few days)

1) I heard that the visa issued on PPR is a SINGLE-ENTRY (true or false?)

2) If for whatever reason my luck sucks and they refuse my friend's address and I come back home in a few days (to Jamaica) how in the hell would I get my PR card considering I would not have been able to go back based on the prior usage of the single entry visa.

Have you heard of any such situation and how would I get out of that hole?

sven_hassel

May 17, 2012
Hi qorax,

Maybe you can help me with a couple of clarifications, but before that here's a background:
I've obtained a permanent resident visa for Quebec and CSQ but tried to land in Calgary as I've had a potential job offer in Calgary.
After landing, Calgary BSO refused me entrance in Calgary as I've had a CSQ and not applied through FSW process and shipped me to Montreal - Quebec which was on my CSQ as POE. Also Calgary BSO told me that I will have to remain 3 months in Quebec in order to respect my contract with Quebec region...?
I didn't see any document signed by me that is telling me that I need to remain in Quebec for 3 months? Is this possible?

Now I'm in Quebec and BSO here completed my PR card application and told me to wait 4 to 7 weeks to have the card issued.
In case I'll have a better work opportunity in Calgary while I'm in Quebec, will it be ok to move to Calgary. Is there any time limit that I need to respect by staying in Quebec?
Should I apply for SIN in Quebec or in Calgary? Is there any difference?

If moving to Calgary from Quebec, do I need to declare I've changed the address?

Please note that PR card application address was one from Quebec where I'm living right now.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Sven

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear QOrax....thanks for guiding people selflessly...
i have a Q for u ing transit thru MOntreal...
Flight is DElhi-Munich-Montreal-Toronto..
Munich to Montreal is via Lufthansa...
Montreal to Toronto is via Air Canada...
Time interval between Montreal arrival n departure for Toronto is 2 hrs 50 mins...

will we complete our landing formalities at Montreal airport as our 1st POE in Canada is Montreal? or at Toronto as Ticket is Delhi-Munich-Montreal-Toronto?

and is 2 hrs 50 mins sufficient at Montreal Airport for landing formalities?
Will we again need to check in for luggage at Montreal airport as Montreal-Toronto Air Canada is a domestic flight?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
POSITIVE said:
dear QOrax....thanks for guiding people selflessly...
i have a Q for u ing transit thru MOntreal...
Flight is DElhi-Munich-Montreal-Toronto..
Munich to Montreal is via Lufthansa...
Montreal to Toronto is via Air Canada...
Time interval between Montreal arrival n departure for Toronto is 2 hrs 50 mins...

will we complete our landing formalities at Montreal airport as our 1st POE in Canada is Montreal? or at Toronto as Ticket is Delhi-Munich-Montreal-Toronto?

and is 2 hrs 50 mins sufficient at Montreal Airport for landing formalities?
Will we again need to check in for luggage at Montreal airport as Montreal-Toronto Air Canada is a domestic flight?
Hi,

-U'd be performing ur landing at Montreal, ie. the first Canadian POE.
-As there's a carrier change, I think u'd've to reCheck-in ur baggages. Pls confirm it with ur travel agent.
-2.50 hrs is fine for boarding a connecting flight via landing process.

Good luck.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
troyporter said:
Hi Qorax, I read some posts where persons say the immigration officers refused to accept addresses that belong to "friends" for sending the PR card to. My concern is: (remember my plan is to land and come back home to Jamaica after a few days)

1) I heard that the visa issued on PPR is a SINGLE-ENTRY (true or false?)

2) If for whatever reason my luck sucks and they refuse my friend's address and I come back home in a few days (to Jamaica) how in the hell would I get my PR card considering I would not have been able to go back based on the prior usage of the single entry visa.

Have you heard of any such situation and how would I get out of that hole?
1. Thats True.
2. U can return vide a PRTD, issued from ur local Canadian consulate (costs $50).