+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks dear Captain...Now i am much relieved...
qorax said:
Hi,

-U'd be performing ur landing at Montreal, ie. the first Canadian POE.
-As there's a carrier change, I think u'd've to reCheck-in ur baggages. Pls confirm it with ur travel agent.
-2.50 hrs is fine for boarding a connecting flight via landing process.

Good luck.

Qorax

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
but i am confused by ur write-up on first page of this thread, which says u can NOT complete landing formalities in Quebec

"*There is only 'one' catch though. For Quebec, although any FSW would be allowed to enter thru a Quebec POE, they cannot complete the 'Record of Landing' here. And would have to further drive/fly to another province (any) to report to its Immigration Officer for the 'completion' of record of landing. This is because Quebec needs the CSQ certificate to complete this procedure. Which only is for a Quebec PR applicant. (however, it is not vice-versa... a Quebec PR applicant can do all the formalities in any other Canadian POE)."

can u pls clarify..
thanks
qorax said:
Hi,

-U'd be performing ur landing at Montreal, ie. the first Canadian POE.
-As there's a carrier change, I think u'd've to reCheck-in ur baggages. Pls confirm it with ur travel agent.
-2.50 hrs is fine for boarding a connecting flight via landing process.

Good luck.

Qorax

jainanshal

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
AOR Received.
18-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-09-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
19-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
POSITIVE said:
dear QOrax....thanks for guiding people selflessly...
i have a Q for u ing transit thru MOntreal...
Flight is DElhi-Munich-Montreal-Toronto..
Munich to Montreal is via Lufthansa...
Montreal to Toronto is via Air Canada...
Time interval between Montreal arrival n departure for Toronto is 2 hrs 50 mins...

will we complete our landing formalities at Montreal airport as our 1st POE in Canada is Montreal? or at Toronto as Ticket is Delhi-Munich-Montreal-Toronto?

and is 2 hrs 50 mins sufficient at Montreal Airport for landing formalities?
Will we again need to check in for luggage at Montreal airport as Montreal-Toronto Air Canada is a domestic flight?
Oh man... just got to know about this issue and there you are with the absolutely same question!!!

I have an exact same itinerary in July & have the same question. However, are you sure its a 2hr 50 mins connection in Montreal & not 1:50? Plz check, i am sending you a PM as well.

@qorax

The above post is a valid doubt considering your first reply, could you please clarify?
Thanks!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
POSITIVE said:
but i am confused by ur write-up on first page of this thread, which says u can NOT complete landing formalities in Quebec

"*There is only 'one' catch though. For Quebec, although any FSW would be allowed to enter thru a Quebec POE, they cannot complete the 'Record of Landing' here. And would have to further drive/fly to another province (any) to report to its Immigration Officer for the 'completion' of record of landing. This is because Quebec needs the CSQ certificate to complete this procedure. Which only is for a Quebec PR applicant. (however, it is not vice-versa... a Quebec PR applicant can do all the formalities in any other Canadian POE)."

can u pls clarify..
thanks
jainanshal said:
@ qorax

The above post is a valid doubt considering your first reply, could you please clarify?
Thanks!
Hi,

They'd let u "enter" Canada, as u have an onward journey tkt. But ur COPR will remain unstamped, which could be done at any CIC office either in the city or at the a/port of another province. U'll move thru Montreal Passport Control though, which will log ur "landing" entry.

Qorax

jainanshal

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
AOR Received.
18-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-09-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
19-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
Thanks for the reply Qorax.

So we'll have to pass thru Immigration at Montreal airport first and then again at Toronto airport. Since at Montreal it won't involve the entire process, how much time would it take? I am worried as my connection time is just 1:50 before the onward flight to Toronto, will it be enough?

Also, where will we do the other formalities like the submission of the PR card application, declaring of the stuff that we brought with us etc.?

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks dear Qorax for devoting ur precious time for info-hungry people like us.

There r following four stages of landing according to ur another thread-

1..At the Passport Control
2.At the Immigration Counter:
The IO here will scrutinize our Passport/s & COPRs. He would [sometimes may not] ask to see our POF.
3.At the Services Canada Office: Here we'll get lots of books/pamphlets
4.At the CBSA [Customs] Office:This is an important location. We are required to present (1) List of Items Accompanying; (2) List of Goods to Follow; (3) Currency Declaration [We'd have to 'declare' any amount of $10K or more].

Dear Qorax,Can u pls clarify which stages (out of 1,2,3, and 4) will b completed at Montreal airport and which ones at Toronto airport for DElhi-Munich-Montreal-Toronto flight?
as far as i can interpret ur reply, only stage 1 will b done at Montreal airport and stages 2,3 and 4 will b completed at Toronto airport...?
If this is true then i think 2 hrs 50 mins transit time at Montreal airport is sufficient for us... My spouse n kid will also land alongwid me...
God bless u...
-Positive

qorax said:
Hi,

They'd let u "enter" Canada, as u have an onward journey tkt. But ur COPR will remain unstamped, which could be done at any CIC office either in the city or at the a/port of another province. U'll move thru Montreal Passport Control though, which will log ur "landing" entry.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jainanshal said:
Thanks for the reply Qorax.

So we'll have to pass thru Immigration at Montreal airport first and then again at Toronto airport. Since at Montreal it won't involve the entire process, how much time would it take? I am worried as my connection time is just 1:50 before the onward flight to Toronto, will it be enough?

Also, where will we do the other formalities like the submission of the PR card application, declaring of the stuff that we brought with us etc.?
1:50 would be tad close, I suggest u ask a ground staff to assist u imdt on landing. They'd concur.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
POSITIVE said:

The IO here will scrutinize our Passport/s & COPRs. He would [sometimes may not] ask to see our POF.
4.At the CBSA [Customs] Office:This is an important location. We are required to present (1) List of Items Accompanying; (2) List of Goods to Follow; (3) Currency Declaration [We'd have to 'declare' any amount of $10K or more].

Dear Qorax,Can u pls clarify which stages (out of 1,2,3, and 4) will b completed at Montreal airport and which ones at Toronto airport for DElhi-Munich-Montreal-Toronto flight?
as far as i can interpret ur reply, only stage 1 will b done at Montreal airport and stages 2,3 and 4 will b completed at Toronto airport...?
If this is true then i think 2 hrs 50 mins transit time at Montreal airport is sufficient for us... My spouse n kid will also land alongwid me...
God bless u...
-Positive
U got that correct. And yes, 2:50 will be sufficient.

jainanshal

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
AOR Received.
18-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-09-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
19-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
qorax said:
1:50 would be tad close, I suggest u ask a ground staff to assist u imdt on landing. They'd concur.
Thanks a ton Qorax!
I won't alter the booking then, but ask ground staff for some special assistance for quick processing.

POSITIVE said:

God bless u...
-Positive
@Positive
Thanks for putting together an appropriate question facilitating a precise answer.

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks dear...now Q to u JainAnshal-How to contact ground staff for special assistance at Montreal airport? what special assistance will u seek frm them?
jainanshal said:
Thanks a ton Qorax!
I won't alter the booking then, but ask ground staff for some special assistance for quick processing.

@ Positive
Thanks for putting together an appropriate question facilitating a precise answer.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
POSITIVE said:
thanks dear...now Q to u JainAnshal-How to contact ground staff for special assistance at Montreal airport? what special assistance will u seek frm them?
To usher u thru, in a jiffy!

jainanshal

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
AOR Received.
18-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-09-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
19-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
POSITIVE said:
qorax said:
To usher u thru, in a jiffy!
Yeah, that only... Planning to discuss the situation with the crew of Munich-Montreal flight, if they can let us deboard at priority and also direct to someone on the ground who can help us catch the connection while completing the formalities in time.

Meanwhile, will also try to contact Lufthansa explaining the situation and asking them to change the booking to next connection (same as your flight).

troyporter

Oct 26, 2007
qorax said:
1. Thats True.
2. U can return vide a PRTD, issued from ur local Canadian consulate (costs $50).

Oh i never heard of that before. Just googled it. Glad to know there would still be hope!

Thanks again Qorax! Got my CPR docs today..I'm on my way! ;D

ayacout

May 22, 2012
How to get the citizenship quickly...?

Dear,
I would like to have your advices for what I have to do to facilitate and accelarate obtaining the Canadian citizenship. Knowing that i have landed just 2 months ago.
Regards,