+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

mvc1071

Mar 6, 2011
Bank Charges/Tax

Hi Qorax,

We landed in May last year and is now planning to move to Canada in April this year.

My question is... will the money that we are going to transfer to our CIBC Canada Bank Account be taxable already? Will it be better to transfer the money or have a travellers cheque? Would you know if Canada has already implemented IBAN (International Bank Account Number) to be used in international transactions?

I need your input asap please.

Thanks,

mvc

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stanzeel said:
URGENT REPLY REQUIRED

Dear

InshallAH I am going to leave for canada AS FEDERAL SKILLED IMMIGRANT in the month of August. I am planning to fly from QATAR airways my FINAL destination in Canada is Calgary ALBERTA. The flight schedule is

QR319 Karachi (KHI) 06:10 Doha (DOH) 06:40

QR927 Doha (DOH) 08:30 Montreal (YUL)14:50

AC1177 Montreal (YUL) 17:50 Calgary (YYC) 20:19

Sir, I have come to know that a federal skilled worker can not land at Montreal when coming to Canada first time on his immigrant visa as Quebec (Montreal) has its independent program of immigration and they can't complete landing formalities of a federal skilled worker landing first time
hi there,
i would like to know if you got your checkin luggage in montreal & customs done in montreal itself?
Please guide
Thanks
T.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrprice said:
You may transit through Montreal, and complete the landing process there. I did the same before 3 weeks, no problem at all to land and finish your PR papers in Montreal Airport.
hi there,
i would like to know if you got your checkin luggage in montreal & customs done in montreal itself?
Please guide
Thanks
T.

mitesh_canada

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
hello Qorax,

You are always helpful. I have AEO from BC and my brother lives in Edmonton.My question is

What if I will land on BC and after one day I will move to Edmonton???

Is that any problem if I will take $6000 with me ,though I have to take more than that as we are three members me,my wife and my 12 years old son??

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thnaks for such a helpful thread

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mitesh_canada said:
hello Qorax,

You are always helpful. I have AEO from BC and my brother lives in Edmonton.My question is

1. What if I will land on BC and after one day I will move to Edmonton???

2. Is that any problem if I will take $6000 with me ,though I have to take more than that as we are three members me,my wife and my 12 years old son??
1. No issues.
2. AEO cases do not require to demonstrate their settlement funds.

ainp2

Mar 1, 2012
Dear Quorax Sir:
You been always helpful. I am in complex situation and in need of your valuable advice. I am done with the PR stamping at New York Consulate under "Alberta Immigration Nominee Program" (under H1B visa) category and planning to arrive in Canada in third week of march 2012.

I have following questions:

1) Presently, I am in India. I am family of three i.e. Me, Spouse and 1 year daughter. Initially, I am planning to arrive alone and my
family will join me in 2-3 months. So I am curious, how much funds in C$ I need to show at POE while arriving in Canada ?

2) I have some money in US and Indian banks, can I show bank statements of these bank accounts at the port of entry?
Or I need to convert those "US $ and Indian Rupee" to Canadian $ and bring in the form of "Money order or Demand Drafts" ?

3) I have a job offer from Quebec employer. So I am curious whether I can move to Quebec immediately after arriving in Calgary ?
4) Can I start working in Quebec as soon as I get SIN or need to get "Certificate du Selection du Quebec (CSQ)" before I can start working ?

Your answers will definitely help me to take proper decision.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

-Sachin

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ainp2 said:
Dear Quorax Sir:
You been always helpful. I am in complex situation and in need of your valuable advice. I am done with the PR stamping at New York Consulate under "Alberta Immigration Nominee Program" (under H1B visa) category and planning to arrive in Canada in third week of march 2012.

I have following questions:

1) Presently, I am in India. I am family of three i.e. Me, Spouse and 1 year daughter. Initially, I am planning to arrive alone and my
family will join me in 2-3 months. So I am curious, how much funds in C$ I need to show at POE while arriving in Canada ?

2) I have some money in US and Indian banks, can I show bank statements of these bank accounts at the port of entry?
Or I need to convert those "US $ and Indian Rupee" to Canadian $ and bring in the form of "Money order or Demand Drafts" ?

3) I have a job offer from Quebec employer. So I am curious whether I can move to Quebec immediately after arriving in Calgary ?
4) Can I start working in Quebec as soon as I get SIN or need to get "Certificate du Selection du Quebec (CSQ)" before I can start working ?

Your answers will definitely help me to take proper decision.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

-Sachin
1. U have to demonstrate complete POF for the entire family when u 'land', irrespective of how many members r entering.
2. US bank statements will work, the Indian ones will not.
3. Yes u can, imdtly after landing if u r an FSW. PNPs have restrictions.
4. Once a PR, CSQ isn't required. U r free to move province wide, including to Quebec. However, point-3 applies for u.

Said that, usually no one is gunning for any one. So, ur move to another province [even if u r a PNP case] might go unnoticed, unless u were reported upon.

Qorax

ainp2

Mar 1, 2012
Thanks for your reply Sir ! I really appreciate it. I come up with another query.
Actually, I got job offer from an employer from Quebec area.

1) So I am curious, though I have job offer, Do I need to show C$ 17K at POE (i.e. Calgary) ?

2) Or I can take amount sufficient for first 2 months (i.e. C$ around 6000) ?

3) Will it be appropriate to tell IO about my job offer from Quebec ?

Thanks,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ainp2 said:
Thanks for your reply Sir ! I really appreciate it. I come up with another query.
Actually, I got job offer from an employer from Quebec area.

1) So I am curious, though I have job offer, Do I need to show C$ 17K at POE (i.e. Calgary) ?

2) Or I can take amount sufficient for first 2 months (i.e. C$ around 6000) ?

3) Will it be appropriate to tell IO about my job offer from Quebec ?

Thanks,
As a PNP candidate u cannot show an 'out-of-province' AEO to the BSO while landing.

deex

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
with appli
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with appli
File Transfer...
May 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 2012
tiarachel85 said:
hi there,
Please guide
Thanks
T.
Hi friends,
I have the same query as tiarachel. My point of entry is Toronto but my ticket is DEL-TORONTO-EDMN. The luggage would be automatically transferred to the next connecting flight.

Do I have to check out all the luggage in Toronto for completing my landing formalities at Toronto and then recheck in? Actually rules of baggage allowance for Air Canada change if rechecking in.

Please suggest...
Thanks

Mightyechoes

Mar 21, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
August, 2011.
File Transfer...
July, 2010
Med's Request
MARCH, 2012
Med's Done....
05 March, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:20-08-12......PPR2:08-10-2012.Ecase:DM:9-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2012
LANDED..........
december, 2012. Insha Allah
Dear Seniors,,

Help urgently wanted...............plssssss........

i got my medical forms in feb, 2012 from CHC london. I have applied under FSW. i mentioned Toronto(Ontario) as my landing destination previously. I also applied for my CAIPS notes and according to the Caips notes they have entered seldec entered and they have entered my landing destination as toronto already.

Along with the medical forms they have instructed to submit RPRF for myself n my spouse, Updated forms and original PCC for both of us...when i was updating...........i changed my landing destination from Toronto to Calgary(Alberta).......Pls reply me that will it hurt the processing of my case further?????or is it ok?

i read another forum in reply to my query that this step of mine could have delay my case processing time..so quorax pls help me...

I'll B grateful.

Regards,
Rehan