+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

jiteng02

Dec 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Scotland
NOC Code......
Dear Qorax

I m a Diploma holder in Pharmacy with 12 years of experience. I want to kno whether Diploma holders can get registered on the basis of their experience or not? If not, what we need to do like some study or course.

One more thing I want to kno is how to get admission in schools for my 6 year old daughter if we reach there in the mid of session. Please tell me the session timings also like in India its March to March. I plan to settle in Toronto.

Thanks

Jitender Verma

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jiteng02 said:
Dear Qorax
I m a Diploma holder in Pharmacy with 12 years of experience. I want to kno whether Diploma holders can get registered on the basis of their experience or not? If not, what we need to do like some study or course.
One more thing I want to kno is how to get admission in schools for my 6 year old daughter if we reach there in the mid of session. Please tell me the session timings also like in India its March to March. I plan to settle in Toronto.
Thanks
Jitender Verma
Hi,
Jitender Verma
I have replied your queries in detail on following thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pharmacist-3131-t58292.0.html

hmisabpk

KLM01

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
Qorax,

I have a question if you please..

As CSQ holder, I can have my landing process done in any POE.

However, some have stated that there are some benefits of landing in Quebec.
Is that true?
What are these benefits??
Is there any difference between having SIN or Health insurance cards from Quebec and any other province?

I know you are not admitted under QSW program, but I believe you have enough knowledge to answer my questions.

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
KLM01 said:
Qorax,

I have a question if you please..

As CSQ holder, I can have my landing process done in any POE.

However, some have stated that there are some benefits of landing in Quebec.
Is that true?
What are these benefits??
Is there any difference between having SIN or Health insurance cards from Quebec and any other province?

I know you are not admitted under QSW program, but I believe you have enough knowledge to answer my questions.

Thanks
Absolutely no difference. SIN & PRCs r federal docs... while the Health Card needs to be of the current provinces [of residence (though u can have an overlap of 2 months)].

Qorax

KLM01

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
Thank you Qorax.

Is there any benefits in Quebec other than any other province?!

What about SIN coverage & financing limits?!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
KLM01 said:
Thank you Qorax.

Is there any benefits in Quebec other than any other province?!

What about SIN coverage & financing limits?!
Nothing specific.

anondo

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-May,11
AOR Received.
18-July,11
File Transfer...
19-Aug,11
Hi qurox,

You helped many of us by your practical and genuine advices. I applied again in May 2011. And mentioned my landing city as Calgery. What is the situation there? Or should I think of Toronto instead or some other province where I can find better job as Social Worker that is the category I applied again. Thanks

qorax said:
Hi YI,

My view point remains the same... if u don't have an AEO, if u don't have friends/relatives to fall back on, if u r not a businessman, if your funds position is as bad as mine -AVOID GOING TO VANCOUVER... in fact let me be as clear as a Jelly-fish can be -DON'T GO TO VANCOUVER.

Toronto should be your first Port of Call. As I said in the other thread, it has the 'largest' job basket. Go there initially, take a job, stay for sometime; and then once u get another [better] placement, move to wherever that 'job' takes u. Vancouver is a dreamland, yes; But not all dreams shall come thru in realty, u know that as well as I do.

Take my word for it, u'll be happier.
Sr. Member PMM will vouch for it.
In any case I wish u all the best !

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
anondo said:
Hi qurox,

You helped many of us by your practical and genuine advices. I applied again in May 2011. And mentioned my landing city as Calgery. What is the situation there? Or should I think of Toronto instead or some other province where I can find better job as Social Worker that is the category I applied again. Thanks
Calgary is a superfine city... however much 'smaller' to Toronto - thus [obviously] lesser job opportunities as well. The call should be yours.

Qorax

anondo

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-May,11
AOR Received.
18-July,11
File Transfer...
19-Aug,11
Thank you very much qorax. What will i do with a superfine city without a job? I better stay to Toronto then........! :)

qorax said:
Calgary is a superfine city... however much 'smaller' to Toronto - thus [obviously] lesser job opportunities as well. The call should be yours.

Qorax

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Just my opinion. I think depending on your particular work area Calgary might be an interesting place. Also, it is smaller but competition is also proportional. I think both Calgary and Toronto are great cities. Housing in Calgary seems very affordable from my research.

Rod

anondo said:
Thank you very much qorax. What will i do with a superfine city without a job? I better stay to Toronto then........! :)

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Master Qorax,

Is it possible to land in calgary (as it is covered from day one), get health insurance and then immidiately move to Toronto(as it takes 3 months there)?
Are there any conditions that comes with Alberta health insurance?
Please let me know. (I feel in running around time, air fare difference & expenses itself we can get 3 months insurance from home country and land in Toronto.)
regards,

mycan

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mycan said:
Master Qorax,

Is it possible to land in calgary (as it is covered from day one), get health insurance and then immidiately move to Toronto(as it takes 3 months there)?
Are there any conditions that comes with Alberta health insurance?
Please let me know. (I feel in running around time, air fare difference & expenses itself we can get 3 months insurance from home country and land in Toronto.)
regards,

mycan
The AHCIP will help u for 2 months in Ontario. The OHIP will be available to u after 3 months. Thus u'd have a 1 month's gap.

If u have nothing in particular to do in Alberta, u r right, the cost & effort vis-a-vis a Temp. Health Insurance plan is marginal and not advocated.

Qorax

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Thank you Sir. It's clear now.
Once we get our PRV it is direct Toronto with THI done in home country as it covers travelling also, not taking any chances.
mycan

qorax said:
The AHCIP will help u for 2 months in Ontario. The OHIP will be available to u after 3 months. Thus u'd have a 1 month's gap.

If u have nothing in particular to do in Alberta, u r right, the cost & effort vis-a-vis a Temp. Health Insurance plan is marginal and not advocated.

Qorax