+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO NOT COME TO CANADA (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cole

It's not racist it's the truth unfortunately I believe on the free speech except u telling people here to not talk I say wathever I want , and it's nobody's business . And ask urself why and who put Canada on the rank 12 after it was the first rank classified best country in the world . Yes my English is not that good for u maybe but I learn it here in few years plus I speak 3 more fluent language wich iam sure you don't. And why iam here it's not your business either it's a land of everybody except the losers and dictators who try to stop people talking . Don't act like its your country or like u a boss , when u live somewhere it doesnt mean u own it , it s a country of natives plus the rest of it are all immigrants ...

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
cole said:
It's not racist it's the truth unfortunately I believe on the free speech except u telling people here to not talk I say wathever I want , and it's nobody's business . And ask urself why and who put Canada on the rank 12 after it was the first rank classified best country in the world . Yes my English is not that good for u maybe but I learn it here in few years plus I speak 3 more fluent language wich iam sure you don't. And why iam here it's not your business either it's a land of everybody except the losers and dictators who try to stop people talking . Don't act like its your country or like u a boss , when u live somewhere it doesnt mean u own it , it s a country of natives plus the rest of it are all immigrants ...
I don't think anyone was telling you not to live here, I think it was a genuine query as to why you stay if you are unhappy. I didn't like the way England was going so I left, I didn't like the community that we first moved to in Canada so we moved once our lease was up so, like Mandie, I don't understand why someone would stay where they are unhappy.
You have every right to be here, and no-one should tell you otherwise, but why would anyone want to be unhappy every day??

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
cole said:

I never told you not to speak. Your statement was racist in content suggesting that Canada is only looking to take immigrants from 3rd world countries to do manual labour jobs. (white) Europeans won't immigrate here for those jobs. Thats what your comment says.

I'm a citizen so this is my country. Apply yourself and work hard. Make friends and network in the direction you want your life to go. If not don't cry about your poor life as I'm sure things were far worse for you from wherever you came from.

C

cole

You not going to show me how to make friends and build my networks looser I have all what I need here maybe better then you , what I was talking here is What i saw cases of engeneers and high skilled working as security agent ..but when they applied Outland they applied as an engeneers they didn't know that they ll end standing near to buildings or companies with dogs or without...it's just we must tell the truth to people before they apply to come here its very bad to lie and say we need doctors and we book them jobs in cleaning or driving cabs ...Just tell the truth ..it's hurt the reputation of the country and nothing is racist about what i was talking , Asian or Thai or india Philippines most of them doesnt know to talk about their rights in most cases and they accept any condition and any wages that a Canadian won't accept...
10 dollars an hour or 12 m u think a Canadian will live in a basement with that wage ? Or a European ? Wathever...that why all employer bring foreigns because later it will become two level richs include employers landlords and tax collector ... and the second categori will include poors who fight to survive and pay the rent .no medium class anymore
I'm done writing on this topic.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
cole said:
You not going to show me how to make friends and build my networks looser I have all what I need here maybe better then you , what I was talking here is What i saw cases of engeneers and high skilled working as security agent ..but when they applied Outland they applied as an engeneers they didn't know that they ll end standing near to buildings or companies with dogs or without...it's just we must tell the truth to people before they apply to come here its very bad to lie and say we need doctors and we book them jobs in cleaning or driving cabs ...Just tell the truth ..it's hurt the reputation of the country and nothing is racist about what i was talking , Asian or Thai or india Philippines most of them doesnt know to talk about their rights in most cases and they accept any condition and any wages that a Canadian won't accept...
10 dollars an hour or 12 m u think a Canadian will live in a basement with that wage ? Or a European ? Wathever...that why all employer bring foreigns because later it will become two level richs include employers landlords and tax collector ... and the second categori will include poors who fight to survive and pay the rent .no medium class anymore
I'm done writing on this topic.
You make no sense. First you complain that you are exploited as an immigrant and now you tell me you are better off than me. Congratulations.

yy1gc

Nov 2, 2012
Canooknic said:
I thought the same thing! My fiancé works in the training department of a construction company and they are always hiring immigrants - they have employees that purely deal with PR sponsorship!
Thanks for your reply Canooknic
Could you provide some details of that company like its name, address or any contact number in order to get in touch with them for work. Thanks.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
yy1gc said:
Thanks for your reply Canooknic
Could you provide some details of that company like its name, address or any contact number in order to get in touch with them for work. Thanks.
I will certainly ask my fiancé to find that information out for you, I'll be in touch when he gives it to me

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I find this strange that engineers can't find work.
Don't I have seen many many cases more than you think from a PhD holder from U.K. , U.S. to many MSc graduates. Even with Canadian graduate degrees. Most don't work in engineering to survive...

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Dr Eng X said:
Don't I have seen many many cases more than you think from a PhD holder from U.K. , U.S. to many MSc graduates. Even with Canadian graduate degrees. Most don't work in engineering to survive...
There are job ads everywhere in Canada for engineers. My wife is a civil engineer and will be working in her field here. You need to get accreditation from your provincial association and then start out with an entry level position just to get your foot in the door. 6 months of that and then you apply for something further up the food chain.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
Dr Eng X said:
Thats BS they are just looking in the wrong place
lots of engineers with PHD don't get jobs either cause they are asking too much without canadian experience or are simply located in wrong city
Alberta, Saskatchewan are 2 provinces that have huge demands in that field but of course they will have to get their hands dirty first

Calgary has lots of vacancies for engineers with apega registration to work in Ft Mac Murray or Cold Lake

people just like to complain and blame the system but dont want to fight and search

Guys No one will come to your door looking for you cause you have a PHD, you know what there are thousands of PHD in this country and there are many more who dont have one and have real world experience.

if you want to live in warm and classy toronto or Montreal and don't want to smell the cow poop of calgary or the stink of the tar sands just forget it cause your job is not there is like a straight guy trying to get laid at a lesbian bar he might have a chance but the odds are that he won't

most of you in this forum are simply killing the dreams of thousands of new comers or prospect new comers to settle in

I came here 5 years ago with a 1 year work permit then extended to 2 more and after the second year I entered negotiations with 3 different companies in my field and got a contract for 3 times more money than my starting canadian job why, cause people knew me and I had the so called Canadian Experience that now thinking back its a way of seining things, the world, a way of acting among others

Dont give up keep searching this is great country with lots and lots of opportunities you just have to go out research where you should settle down to work in what you do

Reactions: einsteino

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
glowingheart said:
Thats BS they are just looking in the wrong place
lots of engineers with PHD don't get jobs either cause they are asking too much without canadian experience or are simply located in wrong city
Alberta, Saskatchewan are 2 provinces that have huge demands in that field but of course they will have to get their hands dirty first

Calgary has lots of vacancies for engineers with apega registration to work in Ft Mac Murray or Cold Lake

people just like to complain and blame the system but dont want to fight and search

Guys No one will come to your door looking for you cause you have a PHD, you know what there are thousands of PHD in this country and there are many more who dont have one and have real world experience.

if you want to live in warm and classy toronto or Montreal and don't want to smell the cow poop of calgary or the stink of the tar sands just forget it cause your job is not there is like a straight guy trying to get laid at a lesbian bar he might have a chance but the odds are that he won't

most of you in this forum are simply killing the dreams of thousands of new comers or prospect new comers to settle in

I came here 5 years ago with a 1 year work permit then extended to 2 more and after the second year I entered negotiations with 3 different companies in my field and got a contract for 3 times more money than my starting canadian job why, cause people knew me and I had the so called Canadian Experience that now thinking back its a way of seining things, the world, a way of acting among others

Dont give up keep searching this is great country with lots and lots of opportunities you just have to go out research where you should settle down to work in what you do
I agree with you. North America produces more PHd's than anywhere else in the world but every Phd who immigrates thinks they are the first one to arrive.
Academics is important but it is only the beginning of the story. Employers want to see what you can do with it and without any local experience they are not going to shell out $100000 or more to see if you know your stuff.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Talk is cheap....Have you heard of overqualified? I am talking about cases I have known

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Overqualification and underqualification is a common headache of PhDs especially in social sciences. They are overqualified for entry level positions and employers prefer to avoid them, because they are afraid that overqualified employee will not stay long with the company and will keep looking for better jobs. On the other hand, they are underqualified for mid-level jobs as they spent most of their life on studies and have limited experience.

As a person who has just completed PhD in UK and does not work in own field, I can sense this. However, I believe that my problem is not Canada-specific as I face the same issue in other countries. People should think twice or even thrice before starting PhD.

Dr Eng X said:
Talk is cheap....Have you heard of overqualified? I am talking about cases I have known

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Agree with Dr Eng X. My former housemate is a mechanical engineer and works as coach at swimming pool in the US. My concierge in Montreal is also mechanical engineer. Unemployed engineer is not surprising, because the more responsibility the job involves, the more sceptical employers are to foreign credentials.

Dr Eng X said:

Status
Not open for further replies.