+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO NOT COME TO CANADA (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickednotes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
cole said:
It's not racist it's the truth unfortunately I believe on the free speech except u telling people here to not talk I say wathever I want , and it's nobody's business . And ask urself why and who put Canada on the rank 12 after it was the first rank classified best country in the world . Yes my English is not that good for u maybe but I learn it here in few years plus I speak 3 more fluent language wich iam sure you don't. And why iam here it's not your business either it's a land of everybody except the losers and dictators who try to stop people talking . Don't act like its your country or like u a boss , when u live somewhere it doesnt mean u own it , it s a country of natives plus the rest of it are all immigrants ...
I am a "Filipino" and I totally and undeniably despise this post from a poor fool who doesn't know what "it" is talking about. For the longest time, my countrymen and I have accomplished great and astounding feats. True we may not be perfect, but we are capable in achieving wonders.

I am a Filipino and I will triumph here in Canada. We do not need to hear these moronic ideas from people or "its" who can't even express themselves in an acceptable and adult fashion. Judging the post of this buffoon, I am not surprised how ignorant "it" is.

Reactions: einsteino

pickednotes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
mandiebraxton said:
Your point is well noted....so tell us why you are still there?
*Mandie*
Probably can't get a job as a street sweeper because of his English. You can't really know where to dump the dirt when you can't understand the language of your superiors. ;D

pickednotes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Nice racist stereotype. Try being a Canadian and apply for a job in Chinatown or any of the ethnic centres in Canada.

Maybe take some English classes and improve your language skills. Take night courses at a community college.
Dude, he probably won't even understand what you said. ;D

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
You make no sense. First you complain that you are exploited as an immigrant and now you tell me you are better off than me. Congratulations.
I think that Cole is in a different position to most others on here. According to his other thread at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/h-and-c-t141274.0.html he is in Canada without legal immigration status and this makes him more vulnerable as an immigrant. His support structure is likely to be very different as well.

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Excellent research! ;D good job!

zardoz said:
I think that Cole is in a different position to most others on here. According to his other thread at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/h-and-c-t141274.0.html he is in Canada without legal immigration status and this makes him more vulnerable as an immigrant. His support structure is likely to be very different as well.

Aleksas

Apr 9, 2013
I read the first few pages of posts not the last, but I want to throw in my 10 cents.

I think that if you move to Canada as a skilled immigrant it really depends on your skill. Are you qualified in such a manner that its indisputable? Also, is your profession blocked by the need to have a 'professional qualification' (read: specific to that field).

I think that an engineer with say 5 years practical experience will have much less difficulty than a bank manager with a management degree and 10 years experience. The reason is because a management degree opens up "many" things and despite it being very skilled, many people can do this job in theory. You can even work your way up.

An engineering position can only be filled by an engineering graduate. The experience just tends to be a pre-requisite.

I'm not trying to bash certain professions over others, I mean I studied a wishy-washy undergraduate degree (Economics). I will however go heavily into statistics and learn statistical packages before I try to move to Canada because its targets a more 'restrictive' job sector. I even plan to do either a PhD or a second Masters in Canada in statistics.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ketevan said:
Overqualification and underqualification is a common headache of PhDs especially in social sciences. They are overqualified for entry level positions and employers prefer to avoid them, because they are afraid that overqualified employee will not stay long with the company and will keep looking for better jobs. On the other hand, they are underqualified for mid-level jobs as they spent most of their life on studies and have limited experience.

As a person who has just completed PhD in UK and does not work in own field, I can sense this. However, I believe that my problem is not Canada-specific as I face the same issue in other countries. People should think twice or even thrice before starting PhD.
True! Add to this many other factors like age, your field of study/research, your academic background or experience, ...etc I have seen and known many cases
Also add this country's orientation to R&D, research grants, scientific $$ resources ...total spending on that...

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
zardoz said:
Good one, that explains a lot......the poor English language,the unusual comments and behavior. Its a pity he's in that situation, but that was his choice for sure.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Ketevan said:
Agree with Dr Eng X. My former housemate is a mechanical engineer and works as coach at swimming pool in the US. My concierge in Montreal is also mechanical engineer. Unemployed engineer is not surprising, because the more responsibility the job involves, the more sceptical employers are to foreign credentials.
Every province has an association for professional engineers. They will assess your academics and practical experience and then tell you what courses or exams you need to do to "Canadianize" your credentials.

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
I also studied Economics, did PhD, know statistical and programming packages and have a publication in top academic journal. The number of vacancies that correspond to my profile every year in Quebec are two - one teaching and one research with government. You can estimate the chance of getting hired if you calculate an approximate number of applications.
Employers do not need so many skills - either in Canada or elsewhere. They need commercial skills - for example, ability to sell product or retain client. A BA degree in business, 10 years of experience and a few professional certificates - this is an ideal candidate. I do not mean poking nose in your life, but if I were you I'd rather do professional certificates than graduate degrees unless you dream to teach.

Aleksas said:
I read the first few pages of posts not the last, but I want to throw in my 10 cents.

I think that if you move to Canada as a skilled immigrant it really depends on your skill. Are you qualified in such a manner that its indisputable? Also, is your profession blocked by the need to have a 'professional qualification' (read: specific to that field).

I think that an engineer with say 5 years practical experience will have much less difficulty than a bank manager with a management degree and 10 years experience. The reason is because a management degree opens up "many" things and despite it being very skilled, many people can do this job in theory. You can even work your way up.

An engineering position can only be filled by an engineering graduate. The experience just tends to be a pre-requisite.

I'm not trying to bash certain professions over others, I mean I studied a wishy-washy undergraduate degree (Economics). I will however go heavily into statistics and learn statistical packages before I try to move to Canada because its targets a more 'restrictive' job sector. I even plan to do either a PhD or a second Masters in Canada in statistics.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
emamabd said:
If you're after the money, the Gulf is your place....although dubai's expenses are very high (as you know) but i'm sure that once you re-gain confidence in your financials you'll want to come back here. We all know Canada offers a better future for our next generation - (if not for us). You have a few years to decide what to do with your PR card, if i were you i wouldn't cancel it for now.

Read a little bit about the Gulf people. A modern day slavery system!

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
messenger said:
Read a little bit about the Gulf people. A modern day slavery system!

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html
This is a sneek peek to the future of the Middle east once the oil runs out.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
CanadianJeepGuy said:
This is a sneek peek to the future of the Middle east once the oil runs out.
How are you doing my friend? How's Manitoba ?

You remember me? I got my AOR and SA already!

Regards to your family

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
messenger said:
How are you doing my friend? How's Manitoba ?

You remember me? I got my AOR and SA already!

Regards to your family
Thats great news. You will be here before you know it. CIC keeps jerking us around so this process will have exceeded 1 year as of next month.

MASunny

Apr 20, 2012
Even though migration, in short term brings fortune to immigrants, but in long run the immigrants could come up with many issues but after reading your post I'd like to say, ' considering the financial or political or security situations, for educated/talented resources, in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Philippines, Syria, Palestine, Afghanistan, Iraq, Burma, or Iranian nationals settled in Middle East the only option left is migration to Australia, Canada, or USA. Out of which Canadian migration is easiest one.'

Even if you wouldn't get any good job but sailing thru 1095 days to get your nationality certificate, hence passport is not a bad option by any means. After this period you may think about new options any time!

marcus66052 said:
Let me see if I can do this with a less emotional tone this time around!

I tried to give a general picture of my experience in the first post. It's time to reveal a few more specifics of my situation: I decided to settle in Toronto because I thought it's the largest city in Canada and hence it must have the largest job market. Whether that's true or not is not my concern here. I applied for jobs spanning a wide range of skills, from unskilled grocery store stocking jobs to Business Analyst position with the big five banks. Of course I scoured the national market for jobs in my preferred occupation (college instructor) but I was certainly under no illusions as to what I could expect when starting over. I came here willing to do any job and go from there.

Of all the jobs I applied for since June 4th, these are the calls I've gotten: a phone call from Wal-Mart for a part-time cashier position in Waterloo (55 miles west of Toronto), a phone call from a Toronto Metro store for a part-time cashier position, and an interview call from a local college in Toronto regarding a contract teaching position with their Math Department for the Fall semester (no other college called me about teaching jobs, even though I applied to a lot of open opportunities from coast to coast, making it clear in my cover letters that I was perfectly willing to move at my expense). I went to all three of these interviews I got hired for all three of these positions but needless to say, I had to decline the Wal-Mart offer because it was a back-up option and I really want to be in Toronto. So, right now I'm working as a cashier for Metro (8-12 hours a week a minimum wage) just to cover grocery costs until my teaching contract job starts next week. Since it's only a one-semester contract, I have no way of knowing whether it's going to be renewed beyond December so this teaching job is no big comfort (I won't know until October whether they'll keep me or treat me like a seasonal construction worker).

When you don't have a permanent job, the uncertain nature of your income keeps eating you alive from inside. You have to always worry about where your next paycheck is coming from, and whether you're going to have to go through the embarrassment of facing your landlord with the message that you don't have enough to make next month's rent. You have to spend your time exploring alternative career options, studying for certificate programs or to otherwise upgrade your skills, or applying to jobs in the hope there's some ray of light at the end of the tunnel. There is no time to taste life. None at all, and even if you do take a short amount of time to do something fun, it won't be nearly as enjoyable as you want it to be because the worries in your head don't leave you alone, not even for a minute. This is not what I imagined my life to be. I didn't dream of being rich, but I did want a stable, full-time, permanent job that paid my bills. I felt proud of my accomplishment of getting permanent residence here, a pride that has vanished in the wind after realizing that it's a status that means nothing here. My relationship with this country has been damaged beyond repair. Even if I manage to get a job that's permanent, I don't think I can learn to love this country given how I get treated here.

I guess part of what makes this hard is that I'm getting older and I expect better from life (even if that's not a fair expectation). I'm going to be 34 years old in two and a half weeks and I'm still no closer to owning a home than I was at 19. When you're 19, it's easier to accept living in a basement bachelor apartment that's someone else's property, and looking for the absolute cheapest prices in the absolute cheapest stores ("poor man stores" I like to call them, e.g. Dollarama, for those of you that are here and have seen them).

I don't know where life will take me in this country. I am exploring a few other career options that are in line with my mathematical training but these will take time to materialize, as will my hurt soul to recover (if ever).

Status
Not open for further replies.