+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa

apple03

Feb 22, 2013
IvanP said:
Unfortunately, if they don't respond, generally the answer to your question is "nothing". When they start responding, it usually means that your application is on someone's desk, in a more "active" processing stage.
Hello everyone,

I been in this forum ,but never write before. I found that your information shearing is so helpfull. Here is my situation, I'm the applicant living in US,but originaly from East Europe. I applyed on November 27,2012, got SA on Dec.06,2012....and on May 12,2012 received an e-mail from CIC-Ottawa that they request more documents such as: FBI original(first one witch I sent was true chanellers), Declaration from non accompaning parent, and PRPF,but they did not mention about PR at all. I sent all documents on June 20,2012 and since then nothing.They don't even respond to my attorney e-mails. Don't know what to do.If you have any suggestions I will appreciate.Does anyone has same situation requesting more documents,without requesting passport?

IvanP, could you please add me to the spreadsheet?

Thank you in advance and wish you best of luck and faster process.

PS. I'm appologize for my speling, but english is not my native language.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
jasminezxm said:
I received an email requesting more documents. One of them is the photo

"Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications)"

However, Appendix B says "immigration photo is different from passport photo".... so which photo should I send? passport size or immigration size?

thank you!
Immigration size. They are dumb by saying passport *sigh*

barefoot

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-06-2013
Finally COPR :) arrived Yesterday :D
My husband will be landing first week of August! so exciting! We are thinking that he will fly here with a few belongings and then in a future date he will bring the rest of his belongings (including the car). Hopefully it won't be a problem if he writes it all down in a list (form) of things he will be bringing later.
:D

Thanks to all for your support! Wishing everyone a speedy process!

writetosfa

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
11-01-2013
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
12-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
18-08-2013
barefoot said:
Finally COPR :) arrived Yesterday :D
My husband will be landing first week of August! so exciting! We are thinking that he will fly here with a few belongings and then in a future date he will bring the rest of his belongings (including the car). Hopefully it won't be a problem if he writes it all down in a list (form) of things he will be bringing later.
:D

Thanks to all for your support! Wishing everyone a speedy process!
Congrats!! So they requested additional documents with ppr for you too? I'm hoping my hubby's COPR comes soon too as we got ppr June 12 with a request for proof of funds and residency from sponsor. Did your ecas change at all?

barefoot

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-06-2013
writetosfa said:
Congrats!! So they requested additional documents with ppr for you too? I'm hoping my hubby's COPR comes soon too as we got ppr June 12 with a request for proof of funds and residency from sponsor. Did your ecas change at all?

Yes they did request additional police clearance from Mexico. But we had already asked for it in advance knowing cic would probably ask for it and CIC received a week or so after they sent us ppr. We emailed it a couple of times with my husbands passport copies asking if they needed anything else.. yet no reply... then about a month after ppr ecas changed to decision made :). We then emailed them and asked if it was approved and if yes, when would COPR be mailed. After two emails they responded that yes it was finalized and it was mailed July 8.
Hopefully your husband's will come soon :)

FAM_Applicant

Mar 2, 2013
shanmba1174 said:
Just monitor your home address in ECAS.. When it gets updated to Canadian city , province .. That's the day they will mail your COPR.
Thanks for the response. I guess this clue doesnot work for us since the Canadian address shows from the beginning as the mailing address. Do you usually receive another email saying that they are ready to finalize the application with or without interview? or just receive the COPR by mail ?..
i guess we just have to wait and see .

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
jasminezxm said:
Thank you!
How many photoes should I send? It doesn't say anything in the email.
Usually 2, but get 4 to be safe.

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
FAM_Applicant said:
Thanks for the response. I guess this clue doesnot work for us since the Canadian address shows from the beginning as the mailing address. Do you usually receive another email saying that they are ready to finalize the application with or without interview? or just receive the COPR by mail ?..
i guess we just have to wait and see .
Are you inland or outland applicant ?

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
FAM_Applicant said:

For me , Home address got updated to Canadian city, province ,canada and mailing never got disturbed. For me it was USA address.

tinytortoise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Houston, Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2013
I received PPR today (July 22)!

Dear TinyTortoise:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED BY THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT – OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

Ø COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below.

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Passport Copies:

You are a citizen of a country that is exempted from obtaining a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. You are therefore required to send only a copy or scanned image of the photo page of your passport and of any pages indicating a validity extension or change to your personal information. You must submit these copies/scans for yourself and for all your accompanying family member(s).

DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S). We require copies of a VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member. Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

adeolu

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
19/07/2013
tinytortoise said:
I received PPR today (July 22)!

Dear TinyTortoise:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR
APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED BY THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT – OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

Ø COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below.

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Passport Copies:

You are a citizen of a country that is exempted from obtaining a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. You are therefore required to send only a copy or scanned image of the photo page of your passport and of any pages indicating a validity extension or change to your personal information. You must submit these copies/scans for yourself and for all your accompanying family member(s).

DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S). We require copies of a VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member. Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
Congrats...next is COPR.

FAM_Applicant

Mar 2, 2013
Hi All,

I have noticed that the formats of the PPR letter seems to differ among applicants. Some users got letters saying:
"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application,"

others were more informative saying:
" We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:"

Do these mean different stages ? what are the experience of those who went through and got their COPR afterwards?

Thanks

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
apple03 said:
Hello everyone,

I been in this forum ,but never write before. I found that your information shearing is so helpfull. Here is my situation, I'm the applicant living in US,but originaly from East Europe. I applyed on November 27,2012, got SA on Dec.06,2012....and on May 12,2012 received an e-mail from CIC-Ottawa that they request more documents such as: FBI original(first one witch I sent was true chanellers), Declaration from non accompaning parent, and PRPF,but they did not mention about PR at all. I sent all documents on June 20,2012 and since then nothing.They don't even respond to my attorney e-mails. Don't know what to do.If you have any suggestions I will appreciate.Does anyone has same situation requesting more documents,without requesting passport?

IvanP, could you please add me to the spreadsheet?

Thank you in advance and wish you best of luck and faster process.

PS. I'm appologize for my speling, but english is not my native language.
Hi Apple03,

I've added you to the spreadsheet. Unfortunately, when additional documents are requested, it is very difficult to predict when your application will next be touched by a visa officer. It's "normal" (e.g. standard practice) for you to receive no response to emails until your application is actually being worked on (or at least is on someone's desk). The only way for you to find out what is happening is to order GCMS notes.

IvanP

PS Your English is just fine - I had no trouble at all understanding the content of your email, which is more than I can say for a lot of native speakers who don't make spelling mistakes.