Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
jasminezxm said:
I received an email requesting more documents. One of them is the photo

"Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications)"

However, Appendix B says "immigration photo is different from passport photo".... so which photo should I send? passport size or immigration size?

thank you!
Send immigration photos, not passport photos. It's super stupid for visa officers to ask for the wrong photos, but they do it anyhow.

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
Hello everyone!

Please update the spreadsheet for me too. Thank you!

AOR - July 6th

SA - July 15th :)

All the best!

Thaliada

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
Also, please update that I resent my application on June 12th, and they got it on June 14th. Thank you!

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
Ok, I have 2 questions, maybe someone can help me.

1. My husband came to Canada on January 8th as a visitor. We applied for an extension of his visitor visa on May 23rd. However, we did not receive any confirmation from them or anything else. If I go on the website where we submitted the documents, there is no news. His visitor visa expired on July 7th. Can I contact anyone regarding this? Should I worry?

2. I just received my Sponsorship Approval on July 15th. I sent the application with my maiden name. However, my passport is about to expire, and I was thinking if I can change my name to my husband's name. Will that affect the sponsorship process? Do I have to inform anyone? How does that work?

Thank you very much.

Thaliada

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Thaliada said:
Ok, I have 2 questions, maybe someone can help me.

1. My husband came to Canada on January 8th as a visitor. We applied for an extension of his visitor visa on May 23rd. However, we did not receive any confirmation from them or anything else. If I go on the website where we submitted the documents, there is no news. His visitor visa expired on July 7th. Can I contact anyone regarding this? Should I worry?

2. I just received my Sponsorship Approval on July 15th. I sent the application with my maiden name. However, my passport is about to expire, and I was thinking if I can change my name to my husband's name. Will that affect the sponsorship process? Do I have to inform anyone? How does that work?

Thank you very much.

Thaliada
1. So long as you applied, I don't think you need to worry.

2. I don't know for sure about how to approach the name change, but I would definitely inform CPP-O, and in doing so would include the documentation you used as the basis for the name change (court order, marriage license - even though they have this, sending again won't hurt), as well as a copy of your new passport (and maybe this will help you skip PPR and go right to COPR). If they need more or different documentation, they'll tell you, but this is probably enough.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Here's a quick COPR question, for those lucky enough to have received theirs already. We're heading out of town for a week, so on the off-chance that our COPRs arrive while we're not here (hope springs eternal, right?), does someone need to sign for the COPRs when they are delivered? We didn't include a courier envelope with our application (though I wish now we had). We can change the delivery address to a work address where reception can sign for any packages if that's going to be an issue.

Thanks.

IvanP

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
IvanP said:
Here's a quick COPR question, for those lucky enough to have received theirs already. We're heading out of town for a week, so on the off-chance that our COPRs arrive while we're not here (hope springs eternal, right?), does someone need to sign for the COPRs when they are delivered? We didn't include a courier envelope with our application (though I wish now we had). We can change the delivery address to a work address where reception can sign for any packages if that's going to be an issue.

Thanks.

IvanP
No signature needed .. Normal regular brown cover from CIC.

adeolu

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
19/07/2013
IvanP said:

Thanks.

IvanP
No signature needed and if I were you I wouldn't be changing my address at this stage in the process. I changed my address one month prior to ppr and guess what, cic still mailed the copr to the old address.

adeolu

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
19/07/2013
FAM_Applicant said:
Hi All,

I have noticed that the formats of the PPR letter seems to differ among applicants. Some users got letters saying:
"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application,"

others were more informative saying:
" We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:"

Do these mean different stages ? what are the experience of those who went through and got their COPR afterwards?

Thanks
No it doesn't, the first template was what I got.

apple03

Feb 22, 2013
IvanP said:
Hi Apple03,

I've added you to the spreadsheet. Unfortunately, when additional documents are requested, it is very difficult to predict when your application will next be touched by a visa officer. It's "normal" (e.g. standard practice) for you to receive no response to emails until your application is actually being worked on (or at least is on someone's desk). The only way for you to find out what is happening is to order GCMS notes.

IvanP

PS Your English is just fine - I had no trouble at all understanding the content of your email, which is more than I can say for a lot of native speakers who don't make spelling mistakes.

Thank you so much IvanP for adding me at the spreadsheet and respond to my question. I apply for GCMS allready and now waiting....again

I wish you all the best

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
apple03 said:
Thank you so much IvanP for adding me at the spreadsheet and respond to my question. I apply for GCMS allready and now waiting....again

I wish you all the best
GCMS notes regularly take exactly 30 days, and unfortunately provide you a snapshot of the time when you requested them, rather than the time when you receive them. But still, if there's an unexpected issue with your application, they can help you figure out how to deal with it. Good luck!

Thaliada

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 6th, 2013
File Transfer...
July 15th, 2013
Med's Done....
May 9th, 2013
I just received my SA letter in the mail. However, unlike most cases... our visa office was assigned to be Los Angeles. So I guess I'm not under Ottawa anymore. What does this mean, anyone know? I am assuming it's a rare case... please help.