14/11/2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/04/2011
maximus391 said:
I Inquired about my background check from CSIS Canada and yesterday they called at my wifes house to inquire about her but her family members told them that she is not in the country and staying with her husband in Pakistan. So the CSIS attendant said that we are sending her a letter about the information on the background check probably we will receive this letter today...but i am very sure it will just say "Background check is in progress"
Salam alaikoume Maximus391 how did u do that plz explain as i would like to do it too.
Thanks

M

maximus391

W Salam.. Sidney i sent the following letter

To,
The Director,
Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS).

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter to inquire about my husband's background check being done on behalf of CIC-Islamabad. I have sponsored my husband from Pakistan and the case processing started on 30th October, 2009. I have recently received an email from CIC-Islamabad informing us that the file is under a “Routine Background Check”. Can you please confirm if the file is with your office and how long does it take to complete the background check? My husband's immigration file number, D.O.B and Country of Origin are mentioned below.

Name:
Date of Birth:
Immigration File Number:
Country of Origin:

Regards,
XXXX
Address & Telephone Number

This letter was faxed on the following # Fax: 613-231-0612...Also make sure the sponsor signatures are on the letter before sending it to CSIS

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maximus, great information. How do you find about contacting them ?. I thought the background checks are done by Islamabad via private agencies. Is CSIS is involved also for background checks for visa offices abroad. Please give more info so I can also contact them for my wife case. The recent reply I got from my MP was that the file of my wife is UNDER REVIEW. My wife has sent email yesterday to Islamabad and waiting for reply.

maximus391 said:
W Salam.. Sidney i sent the following letter

To,
The Director,
Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS).

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter to inquire about my husband's background check being done on behalf of CIC-Islamabad. I have sponsored my husband from Pakistan and the case processing started on 30th October, 2009. I have recently received an email from CIC-Islamabad informing us that the file is under a “Routine Background Check”. Can you please confirm if the file is with your office and how long does it take to complete the background check? My husband's immigration file number, D.O.B and Country of Origin are mentioned below.

Name:
Date of Birth:
Immigration File Number:
Country of Origin:

Regards,
XXXX
Address & Telephone Number

This letter was faxed on the following # Fax: 613-231-0612...Also make sure the sponsor signatures are on the letter before sending it to CSIS

M

maximus391

UOC said:
Maximus, great information. How do you find about contacting them ?. I thought the background checks are done by Islamabad via private agencies. Is CSIS is involved also for background checks for visa offices abroad. Please give more info so I can also contact them for my wife case. The recent reply I got from my MP was that the file of my wife is UNDER REVIEW. My wife has sent email yesterday to Islamabad and waiting for reply.
Hello. Man yes CSIS conducts the background check mainly and its also mentioned on the CSIS website. Many people have contacted them and after sending fax they contact the concerned person in 30-40 days

Humaumair

Dec 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 2009
Med's Request
re med oct2010,re pcc jan 2011
Interview........
July 7th ,2011
Passport Req..
19th Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
29th aug 2011
maximus391 said:
Hello. Man yes CSIS conducts the background check mainly and its also mentioned on the CSIS website. Many people have contacted them and after sending fax they contact the concerned person in 30-40 days
hi maximus391....u have applied a long time ago...whats the response? remedical nhe hoa abhi ??? yar Allah karay newyear k baad visa aa jaye sub ka Ameen...but i heard they ask for the passport and then it takes another 4-6 weeks to return..ye to bohut dair hai...

M

maximus391

Humaumair said:
hi maximus391....u have applied a long time ago...whats the response? remedical nhe hoa abhi ??? yar Allah karay newyear k baad visa aa jaye sub ka Ameen...but i heard they ask for the passport and then it takes another 4-6 weeks to return..ye to bohut dair hai...
No Response...just the file is in background check and rno re-medical request...Inshallah Jaldi aa jaye ga sab ka visa

Unpatience

Sep 22, 2010
hi guys, my husband got PPR letter on november 30 2010, saying send in passport and a copy of flight itinerary. the flight itinerary...he wants to book ticket for december 26th, before new years) he sent them in on Friday December 17th last week. When do you guys think he will receive visa with his passport back? its been a week since he sent them to the embbassay. waiting for your reply.. :)

Humaumair

Dec 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 2009
Med's Request
Interview........
July 7th ,2011
Passport Req..
19th Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
29th aug 2011
Unpatience said:
hi guys, my husband got PPR letter on november 30 2010, saying send in passport and a copy of flight itinerary. the flight itinerary...he wants to book ticket for december 26th, before new years) he sent them in on Friday December 17th last week. When do you guys think he will receive visa with his passport back? its been a week since he sent them to the embbassay. waiting for your reply.. :)
wow lucky uuuuuuuuuuu...congrats....26th dec mai to bara kam time reh gaya hai....they shud send it soon...
what was ur timeline?

Unpatience

Sep 22, 2010
i can't read urdo..english plz

Application submitted in feb 2 2009
•They received my application to sponsor my husband's on feb 3 2009
•Approval letter feb 25 2009
•AOR letter received march 3
•My case started prcessing on February 24 2009
•They sent me a letter on Feb 25, 2009 about the decision on my application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
•my husband's case started processing on March 19, 2009
•medical expires November 7 2009.
•Remedical form 7 January 2010
submitted it end of janaury 2010
•Re-police certificate on March 22 2010
submitted it end of march 2010
•Re- police certificate again on July 14 2010
submitted it on end of july 2010
•Received interview letter on August 11 2010
•Interview on Sept 2 2010
•Received PPR letter..saying plz submit passport and a copy of flight itinerary.
took for my husband 20 months!

Humaumair

Dec 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 2009
Med's Request
Interview........
July 7th ,2011
Passport Req..
19th Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
29th aug 2011
Unpatience said:

•They sent me a letter on Feb 25, 2009 about the decision on my application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
•medical expires November 7 2009. •Remedical form 7 January 2010
•Received PPR letter..saying plz submit passport and a copy of flight itinerary.
O MY GOD thats too muchhhhhhhhhhhhhh ..that suckssssssssssssssssssss....stupid ppl r not movinggggg r they sleeping..they say 16 months is the time n they dont move...we can put a case on them y did they write on the net 16 months....
i wrote b4 in urdu that 26th dec is near by and they shud send it soon

Baseera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
hello everyone.. I am back I dont know if you guys remember me... but I was on this forum and I went back home because of some problems I had with my husband's case... I just came back from back home.. and my husband just called me and told me how he recieved a PPR letter and at the bottom of the letter it says please send a copy of flight itinerary with ur passport... so if I book his flight wat date should I book it? the letter is Dec, 09 2010... please advise... so I have to book his ticket thats wat it means? Some one please help

Baseera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Unpatience said:
hey my husband got the same letter so I should book his ticket maybe Jan 13 or so.. what do u think?

Humaumair

Dec 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 2009
Med's Request
Interview........
July 7th ,2011
Passport Req..
19th Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
29th aug 2011
Baseera said:
hello everyone.. I am back I dont know if you guys remember me... but I was on this forum and I went back home because of some problems I had with my husband's case... I just came back from back home.. and my husband just called me and told me how he recieved a PPR letter and at the bottom of the letter it says please send a copy of flight itinerary with ur passport... so if I book his flight wat date should I book it? the letter is Dec, 09 2010... please advise... so I have to book his ticket thats wat it means? Some one please help
guys plz post ur time line also....
i have no idea about the flights dates....just dont be so quick and dont be too late...aftre a month will be ok coz u dont know these ppl can be lazy....and u hav to purchase the ticket on a specific date othweise it gets cancelled....
these ppl shud tell u how long is the time to return the passport with visa....they r weird

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is something very new I have heard. Now they are asking for flight itinerary, that is strange. They usually take 4-6 weeks to return the passport and should leave to the applicant to fly as per his/her convenience before the expiry of the visa.

Sweet901

Aug 17, 2010
Unpatience said:

•medical expires November 7 2009.
•Remedical form 7 January 2010

Are you sponsoring your husband from afghanistan or pakistan? 20 months is awfully alot!