+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing DLI number inside Canada

AsmaaKF

Aug 1, 2022
I changed the DLI online in my application 5 days ago, and I didn't receive any notification or email from IRCC, is this normal? or should I send them a web form or something to ensure that they received my change?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I changed the DLI online in my application 5 days ago, and I didn't receive any notification or email from IRCC, is this normal? or should I send them a web form or something to ensure that they received my change?
There is no confirmation. As long as you meet the conditions to change your DLI, you are good.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Didn’t you just enter Canada and wanted to change DLI without “actively studying” at the DLI on your original permit?

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Within 150 days you can change DLI and just need to inform IRCC. If the conditions are not met then you will be caught at the time of PGWP.

Reactions: scylla

AsmaaKF

Aug 1, 2022
Within 150 days you can change DLI and just need to inform IRCC. If the conditions are not met then you will be caught at the time of PGWP.
150 days from getting the study permit?. And when I follow the steps in IRCC website to change the DLI, I found a sentence like that " you successfully inform us about the change" after final step.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
150 days from getting the study permit?. And when I follow the steps in IRCC website to change the DLI, I found a sentence like that " you successfully inform us about the change" after final step.
They don't need to confirm the change, the onus lies on you to abide by the conditions set out for a study permit status to stay valid. If the conditions are breached then your PGWP application will be refused.

Reactions: scylla

AsmaaKF

Aug 1, 2022
They don't need to confirm the change, the onus lies on you to abide by the conditions set out for a study permit status to stay valid. If the conditions are breached then your PGWP application will be refused.
Did I breach the conditions when doing this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you arrived in Canada and changed DLIs you are required to get a new study permit. The new rules were put into place to prevent exactly what you have done since many used to apply for a much more difficult and relevant (based on their previous education and work history) program lhen arrived in Canada only to switch to an easy college program.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well you aren’t eligible to change your DLI since you never actively studied at the DLI listed in the original permit, so you did breach conditions. You will know when you finish your studies and apply for PGWP, and if your original DLI is still listed then PGWP will be refused. And you will not be able to count your diploma/degree as receiving Canadian education because you didn’t have a study permit for your second DLI and stayed in Canada without status for a few years. The DLI on your original study permit must notify IRCC if you don’t attend so your study permit may be cancelled.

Reactions: canuck78

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So what should I do now?
You said on August 6 before you entered Canada that "I received the approval after sending them a webform to change from master's program to Ph.D in another university." You were advised to apply for a new study permit before coming to Canada but you said you got the approval to change DLI. So when you entered Canada, what school papers/receipts/LOA did you present to get your study permit?

URGENT: Regarding Changing DLI | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)

AsmaaKF

Aug 1, 2022
You said on August 6 before you entered Canada that "I received the approval after sending them a webform to change from master's program to Ph.D in another university." You were advised to apply for a new study permit before coming to Canada but you said you got the approval to change DLI. So when you entered Canada, what school papers/receipts/LOA did you present to get your study permit?

URGENT: Regarding Changing DLI | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)
I prepared all papers and the LOA of the old university to which I applied for the visa. But the officer at the airport did not ask me about any documents, he just asked me about the name of the program and the university.