+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

tmaclu

Mar 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aska-phd said:
Hi all,

My file was cashed in 29th Sept. But till today I haven't received any notification or email from CIC?
Any one has the same case? Any comment?

Thanks
It should be coming really soon. Good luck!

tmaclu

Mar 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xiaolei said:
My husband will take IELTS test this weekend. Hope he can pass!
We are not aware of the change of immigration policy until days ago.
So you mean CIC will accept our files as long as we file it before 31st Dec?
Will they still deal with those files ?
It seems that it takes quite long to be cashed for the application fees.
Thank you!
I think your applications should be *** received by CIO *** before or on Dec 31 if I'm not mistaken. You might want to Fedex it by mid-Dec due to holiday delays. I won't advise you send it after Dec 20.

pishvaz

Sep 5, 2014
Hi Admin,
Could you please update my info.

Application reached CIO: 6th Jan. 2014
PER issued: 21th Feb 2014
Document Request : 05th Sept. 2014
RPRF Request: 25th Sept. 2014
Medical Request: 26th Sept. 2014
Passport Request: 14th Oct. 2014
Number of people: 1
Nationality: Iranian

I was requested to submit a letter explaining my military service exemption. I thought it might be a good idea to share my response with others. Here is my answer:

Subject: with regards to the officer's question about why I was exempt from conscription.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am exempt from conscription pursuant to the executive bylaw for Educational Military Exemption, which is a section of the Military Service Law. According to this bylaw, males who continue their studies are exempt from military duty and conscription.
As I have continuously pursued educational studies from xxxxx111 to the present day, I have been and continue to be exempt from military service. The time period for my studies has been as follows:
• Oct. xxxx111 – Sep. xxxx: Undergraduate studies towards my bachelor’s degree
• Oct. xxxx – Jan. xxxx: Graduate studies towards my master’s degree
• Feb. xxxx – Aug. xxxx: Post-graduation respite
• Sep. xxxx – Present: PhD student

Sincerely,

Good Luck :)

xiaolei

Apr 12, 2014
tmaclu said:
I think your applications should be *** received by CIO *** before or on Dec 31 if I'm not mistaken. You might want to Fedex it by mid-Dec due to holiday delays. I won't advise you send it after Dec 20.
Thank you, Tmaclu!
We are trying our best to get things ready. WES will takes tooooooooo long time

kamranj

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
17-04-2015
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
Med's Request
18-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015 Third Line Update: 29-04-2015
Passport Req..
29-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-07-2015
Hi guys,

My application has reached CIO by beginning of September 2014 and CC is not cashed yet. :( Do you have any idea how long it will take to issue PER ?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
kamranj said:
Hi guys,

My application has reached CIO by beginning of September 2014 and CC is not cashed yet. :( Do you have any idea how long it will take to issue PER ?
It will probably take 3 to 4 months.

kamranj

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
17-04-2015
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
Med's Request
18-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015 Third Line Update: 29-04-2015
Passport Req..
29-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-07-2015
Viva2014 said:
It will probably take 3 to 4 months.
Thanks for your reply. What has happened to CIO? Is this quite normal ?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
kamranj said:
Thanks for your reply. What has happened to CIO? Is this quite normal ?
We don't have any idea. From the beginning of May 2014, the processing time in CIO has increased significantly.

tmaclu

Mar 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xiaolei said:
Thank you, Tmaclu!
We are trying our best to get things ready. WES will takes tooooooooo long time
How long is it taking for you? When I used it, it seems to be the fastest option out there (UofT will take way longer).

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Dear All,
I sent my passport for PR visa after I have got a request email. Now, I am in urgent need for my passport.
My question is: Can I go and ask for my passport in person? Please if any one knows about such issue let me know. Keep in mind that I have to leave Vancouver to Ottawa to solve such issue if that works.
Best,

AprilMosaic

Oct 12, 2014
Hi UBC2010,

I assumed that our passports reached CPC-Ottawa on the same day (i.e., Sep.30). I got my passport back in Toronto earlier today. So, while not being able to provide any practical suggestions, I just wanna share my timeline and wish your passport is on its way back.

A.

ubc2010 said:
Dear All,
I sent my passport for PR visa after I have got a request email. Now, I am in urgent need for my passport.
My question is: Can I go and ask for my passport in person? Please if any one knows about such issue let me know. Keep in mind that I have to leave Vancouver to Ottawa to solve such issue if that works.
Best,

factplay

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Have you called/emailed them?
I'm in the same situation...

ubc2010 said:
Dear All,
Best,

factplay

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Hi AprilMosaic!
When did you send them your passport?
I got PPR on Sep. 26th and send them my passport on the same they. However, I think it was actually being sent on Sep. 29 which was a Monday. It was delivered to CPC-Ottawa on Thursday Oct. 2nd. Could you please let us know the time that you send them your passport?

Thank you,

AprilMosaic said:
Hi UBC2010,

I assumed that our passports reached CPC-Ottawa on the same day (i.e., Sep.30). I got my passport back in Toronto earlier today. So, while not being able to provide any practical suggestions, I just wanna share my timeline and wish your passport is on its way back.

A.

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
factplay said:
Have you called/emailed them?
I'm in the same situation...
No, I did not since no phone number that we can call, however I sent a fax two times and called CIC three times. The first time I called the CIC agent was not helpful at all. The second time the CIC agent suggest to email them as it's faster while the third time the CIC agent advise me to wait and there is no way to speed it up.

AprilMosaic

Oct 12, 2014
I sent it on Sep.29 in the morning and it was delivered on Tuesday Sep.30. I guess it was slightly faster for me because the distance between Toronto and Ottawa is shorter. Hope yours is on its way too!

factplay said:
Hi AprilMosaic!
When did you send them your passport?
I got PPR on Sep. 26th and send them my passport on the same they. However, I think it was actually being sent on Sep. 29 which was a Monday. It was delivered to CPC-Ottawa on Thursday Oct. 2nd. Could you please let us know the time that you send them your passport?

Thank you,