+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
AprilMosaic said:
Hi UBC2010,

I assumed that our passports reached CPC-Ottawa on the same day (i.e., Sep.30). I got my passport back in Toronto earlier today. So, while not being able to provide any practical suggestions, I just wanna share my timeline and wish your passport is on its way back.

A.
Thank you. Yes my passport reached CPC-ottawa on Sept 30 and still nothing happen. Every single hour I track the return envelop but nothing new.

BTW, I sent my passport using UPS and I dont advise any one to do so as you have to schedule a pick up every day since they dont go regularly to CPC-Ottawa Mail room.
Thanks

cnt_2013

Apr 24, 2013
No problem! I hope you can get the letters.
My department advisor didn't write me one nor did my supervisor, so I couldn't include my "RA experiences". Hope you can get your letters! If yours are willing to write you one, make sure to include all duties on CIC website (description under NOC code), especially the word "assist".

CIC will definitely accept TA experiences, just ask your program advisor (i.e., the faculty/staff who is responsible of assigning TAs to courses) to write you a reference letter. Make sure to write the numbers of hours you TAed for each course in the letter.

self_confident said:
Thank you!
I'm trying to get my department or supervisor write a letter saying that I have 2 years working as RA (though the funding was from Graduate Scholarship). I guess the 1 year experience from old workplace counts better but I should try to maximize my experience rite? If they don't accept TA/RA, it's fine, I still have another 1 year experience that should be counted.

tandysony

Apr 17, 2014
Have been waiting for 1.5 months since I sent my passport to the Visa office in Beijing, China, I finally got my letter of confirmation of P.R.. I will be landing next month when i go back to Canada. It takes much more days to get it in China than from CPC-Ottawa.

Thank you guys for you help and sharing out there. I have learnt so much from this forum. Anyone has questions regarding application under PhD Category, fell free to PM me. I will reply ASAP.

Wish all the applicants good luck in your application.

jeffrey2012

Nov 22, 2013
cong. .. :)

by the way, could you please share your experence of landing as a quebec applicant later.

tandysony said:
Have been waiting for 1.5 months since I sent my passport to the Visa office in Beijing, China, I finally got my letter of confirmation of P.R.. I will be landing next month when i go back to Canada. It takes much more days to get it in China than from CPC-Ottawa.

Thank you guys for you help and sharing out there. I have learnt so much from this forum. Anyone has questions regarding application under PhD Category, fell free to PM me. I will reply ASAP.

Wish all the applicants good luck in your application.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I waited around 10 days but all depends on the CIO officer who opened your envelope and started the first process. Some of them are fast others are terribly slowly. Have you not got your PER yet as of today?

ubc2010 said:
Dont Worry. I wait four weeks after being cashed.
Thanks

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,
If you are an early June 2014 applicant and have already got your PER, please let me know if you have heard anything after PER was received.
Thanks!

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
AprilMosaic said:
I sent it on Sep.29 in the morning and it was delivered on Tuesday Sep.30. I guess it was slightly faster for me because the distance between Toronto and Ottawa is shorter. Hope yours is on its way too!
Hi AprilMosiac,
I think my passport and yours reached CPC Ottawa at the same day Sept 30. Please let me know as soon as you get your passport back, just to see the possibility of getting mine back within the same time frame.
Thanks

ALA447

Oct 14, 2014
I found an Immigration tracker - PhD stream in this forum. But it has not been updated since April 2014. Is there any other Immigration tracker-PhD stream for the applications after May 2014? If it is, where can I find it?
Thanks ;-)

pepe84 said:
Dear all,
If you are an early June 2014 applicant and have already got your PER, please let me know if you have heard anything after PER was received.
Thanks!

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
How to send your passport for the PR visa Stamp?

Dear All,

This is to let every one know that in case you received the PASSPORT REQUEST EMAIL and want to send your passport for stamping the visa.
NEVER...NEVER use any courier to send your passport (especially UPS) as you have to schedule a pick up for the return envelope; and you dont know when passport is ready for pick up to do that. Therefore, the best way is to use Canada post express as they recommend in their email.

Best,

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
ubc2010 said:
How to send your passport for the PR visa Stamp?

Dear All,

This is to let every one know that in case you received the PASSPORT REQUEST EMAIL and want to send your passport for stamping the visa.
NEVER...NEVER use any courier to send your passport (especially UPS) as you have to schedule a pick up for the return envelope; and you dont know when passport is ready for pick up to do that. Therefore, the best way is to use Canada post express as they recommend in their email.

Best,
Thank you very very much :). I am going to do it with Canada Post soon. I dearly wish that you receive your passport soon enough and that all your anxiety will go away. Plz do not lose hope, we've already come a long way.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think there is an up-to-date tracker for the PhD stream. I am only following the tracker for all 50 occupational classifications. I got the PER and CC charged according to this tracker, so hope my application continues with the same speed.

ALA447 said:
I found an Immigration tracker - PhD stream in this forum. But it has not been updated since April 2014. Is there any other Immigration tracker-PhD stream for the applications after May 2014? If it is, where can I find it?
Thanks ;-)

Adnan_HW

Oct 16, 2014
Points for education, i am getting 22 or 21

Dear Brothers,

i am new here, please help me with calculating my points.

i am 31 years old---------------Points 12
8 Years in Same JOB-----------Points 15

IELTS Score:

Listening -- 6.5 -- CLB--4
Reading -- 6.0 -- CLB--4
Writing -- 6.0 -- CLB--4
Speaking-- 7.0 -- CLB--6
------------------------------
Total-------------- CLB--18

So far my point is 12+15+18=45, I need 22 more to reach 67, here is my confusion; according to the following sentence

"Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or equal Note de bas de page 1 (at least one must be for a program of at least three years)"

I have a 4 years Canadian equivalent Bachelor degree evaluated by WES on computer engineering & my 2 years HSC(Higher secondary Certification), is it making 22 or i will only get 21 for my education?

please suggest, do i have to sit for IELTS again ?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Points for education, i am getting 22 or 21

You don't need to sit for IELTS again, you should get 21 points for education plus 5 points for adaptability if you have completed 2 or more years of full time studies towards your PhD. Are you a PhD student who is planning to apply under this category? If not, I would suggest to look into other topics where your NOC category may be found.

Cheers!

Adnan_HW said:
Dear Brothers,

i am new here, please help me with calculating my points.

i am 31 years old---------------Points 12
8 Years in Same JOB-----------Points 15

IELTS Score:

Listening -- 6.5 -- CLB--4
Reading -- 6.0 -- CLB--4
Writing -- 6.0 -- CLB--4
Speaking-- 7.0 -- CLB--6
------------------------------
Total-------------- CLB--18

So far my point is 12+15+18=45, I need 22 more to reach 67, here is my confusion; according to the following sentence

"Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or equal Note de bas de page 1 (at least one must be for a program of at least three years)"

I have a 4 years Canadian equivalent Bachelor degree evaluated by WES on computer engineering & my 2 years HSC(Higher secondary Certification), is it making 22 or i will only get 21 for my education?

please suggest, do i have to sit for IELTS again ?