Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In case you can't find the comments from Bluelotus I found them for you:

After a few weeks/days of getting PER email, you can order GCMS note online for free. The link to do this is:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
Or,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp
Choose it under privacy act and choose case file of your permanent residency application. Then also choose to receive it by email (not CD). From the pdf GCMS note, you will find your application details and all corresponding entries/comments inserted by the visa officers. From their comments, you can observe whether the visa officers have found any fault or incompleteness in any of your documents. You can send them updated documents accordingly. Good luck.

darkknight1 said:
Thanks pepe84.
I guess I'm next to you from the tracker details. I will order GCMS today and see how many points i got from Sydney office.

darkknight1

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
Thanks pepe84. I got PER today. so i will wait a few weeks/days and then order the GCMS as you suggested. Thank you very much.

xiaolei

Apr 12, 2014
pepe84 said:
Do your best to send it before Dec 31st. If your credentials are assessed within a month from now you still have time. Do not wait until January because I am pretty sure PhD stream will no longer exist in 2015. Have you collected your IELTS results yet?

Best luck!
My husband will take IELTS test this weekend. Hope he can pass!
We are not aware of the change of immigration policy until days ago.
So you mean CIC will accept our files as long as we file it before 31st Dec?
Will they still deal with those files ?
It seems that it takes quite long to be cashed for the application fees.
Thank you!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, if you send your application before Dec 31st, 2014 and the cap isn't full yet (which is very unlikely to happen), your application will have a high change to be accepted and yes, they will continue dealing with applications after Dec 31st, but only with those applications received by CIO before Dec 31st.

xiaolei said:
My husband will take IELTS test this weekend. Hope he can pass!
We are not aware of the change of immigration policy until days ago.
So you mean CIC will accept our files as long as we file it before 31st Dec?
Will they still deal with those files ?
It seems that it takes quite long to be cashed for the application fees.
Thank you!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I ordered GCMS two days after receiving the PER. I don't think time matters at all because they will process your request in 30 days.

darkknight1 said:
Thanks pepe84. I got PER today. so i will wait a few weeks/days and then order the GCMS as you suggested. Thank you very much.

xiaolei

Apr 12, 2014
pepe84 said:
Yes, if you send your application before Dec 31st, 2014 and the cap isn't full yet (which is very unlikely to happen), your application will have a high change to be accepted and yes, they will continue dealing with applications after Dec 31st, but only with those applications received by CIO before Dec 31st.

AHHHHHHHHH... The cap isn't full yet (which is unlikely to happen)? Do you mean the cap is probably full by that time?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is very unlikely for the PhD cap to be full by Dec 31st 2014. Clearer now?

b.mahal

Oct 23, 2013
Hi Admin,

Please correct my info. in the spreadsheet:

Current eCAS status : Decision made
Requested document type/Reason of rejection : None
No. of persons in the application : 1
TA/RA Experience : Only
Nationality: Iran .

Thanks.

b.mahal

Oct 23, 2013
PhdStream said:
Hi there when did you sent your passport to Ottawa. Also, if you do not mind could you please let us know when it reached Ottawa and you received you passport back.
Hi,
I sent my passport to Ottawa the next morning (Oct 7) and it was delivered one day later (Oct 8) . I will update my info in the spreadsheet when I got back my Pass/Visa.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darkknight1 said:
Please add my details to the tracker-

application received- 16th June 2014
CC charged- 6th October 2014
PER issued - 14th October 2014
No of people- 2
Work experience- TA/RA only

Thanks.
Could you please tell us how many hours/week did you claim as TA/RA in your reference letter? Did you mention anything about your full time study there?

Oct 11, 2014
Thank you!
I'm trying to get my department or supervisor write a letter saying that I have 2 years working as RA (though the funding was from Graduate Scholarship). I guess the 1 year experience from old workplace counts better but I should try to maximize my experience rite? If they don't accept TA/RA, it's fine, I still have another 1 year experience that should be counted.

cnt_2013 said:
Hi, I am not sure if it works differently in your department but in my department I receive RAship (part of graduate scholarship) to "work" for my supervisor. This RAship is part of the scholarship so it's not real work that CIC is looking for.

If you are referring to the RAship you get as part of the scholarship, CIC might not accept it. I read in this forum that some people got lucky including it (e.g., getting reference letter from own supervisor or the department) but I have never seen it happening.

If you actually did work and have pay stub stating that you worked XX hours/month as a RA, it's fine.

I would suggest to get reference letter(s) from your old work place and put chemical engineer as primary occupation.

Good Luck

aska-phd

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Hi all,

My file was cashed in 29th Sept. But till today I haven't received any notification or email from CIC?
Any one has the same case? Any comment?

Thanks

tmaclu

Mar 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank God! Finally found the photocopies and saw all trips were indeed included. It'd be too illogical to not include it as passport stamps are right there.

Got tensed too easily these days... Should relax as I'll have medical exam tomorrow!