+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

Jain1982

Apr 22, 2017
Hi Guys, Kindly advice.

I have total work exp of 5 years in 2 different positions in the same department in same company & with similar working hrs. Position 1 – NOC 0213 – 3 years; and followed by Position 2 – NOC 0213 – 2 years. Only change in designation from position 1 to position 2 in the same department.

Should I mention break up of 3 years and 2 years separately in EE profile or should I mention 5 years of experience with current designation (position 2) as the job responsibilities remains same throughout 5 years.

sgtch

Feb 9, 2017
Hello Friends,
I have been following this helpful forum for a few months now, as I have been preparing for PR application under FSW. I have a question regarding the work experience requirement for FSW Canada. I have tried to find out about it by going through previous posts, but few things are still not clear. I would be grateful if any experienced senior can help me out.

I am debating between my wife and I being the primary applicant for FSW (we satisfy all other criteria). Both of us are PhDs from USA, and worked as TA and RA respectively. We want to use our TA/RA work experience for FSW, since we can easily get work ex. letters from our departments.

My wife’s work experience:
Worked as a TA/Instructor, from August 15, 2013-July 1, 2015. The work load was 20/hours per week, paid. However, she shifted between being TA and Instructor during this period, though her job description(s) fall under the NOC 4012 category.
Being conservative, I calculated her work duration to be between 1st Sept, 2013- 30 June, 2015, which comes to 96 weeks @ 20 hours/ week paid work ex under NOC 4012.

Question:- Does the above constitute as 1 year of continuous full time (or equivalent in part time) work ex? My confusion is whether all work which is part time (not 30 hours/week) is automatically considered as 15 hours/week or not.

My work experience:
Worked as a RA, from Sept. 1, 2013- April 30, 2015. The work load was 20/hours per week, paid. This was continuous; no shift in job description.
I calculated my work duration to be: 87 weeks @ 20 hours/ week.

Question:
1. Does the above constitute as 1 year of continuous full time (or equivalent in part time) work ex?
2. I only took a few guest lectures while being an RA, with my work mostly falling under the following points in NOC 4012:
• Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
• Compile research results and assist professors in the analysis of results and the preparation of journal articles or papers.
Can this work be actually considered under NOC 4012?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Hi all,

I have a question about landing. If I am in the wrong forum, please direct me to the right one :)

I and my wife completed our medical exams on Feb 21st and will submit our application in the second week of May. If everything goes well, we'll get our CoPRs by October. From the previous posts, I understand that we can land within one year from the medicals. So, technically, the last day to land for us will be Feb 21st. When we had done the med exams, we didn't know about that. My question is that: Can we re-do the medical exam next week before we submit our application so that we can extend our landing time from Feb to May? (I have some unfinished business)

If it is not possible, can I stay for a few days and then return to the US to finish my business? In that case, can my wife (dependent) stay in Canada and wait for the PR?

Thank you very much

bughay

Apr 12, 2017
Hi,

Age = 39
Level of education = 135
Study in Canada = 30
Official Languages = 41
First Official Language = 41
Second Official Language = 0
Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 215

work experience from back home only 4 months from Canada doc 6235 -B, celpip speaking 6, listening 5, reading 6, writing 7.
Am i eligible for EE???!!!

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
babilon said:
Hello all,
Do we have to move to Canada as soon as we get our Confirmation of Permanent Residence? Do they give some time to move?
Thanks
the date your medicals expire or your passport ( whichever is earlier)

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
babilon said:
Hi all,

I have a question about landing. If I am in the wrong forum, please direct me to the right one :)

I and my wife completed our medical exams on Feb 21st and will submit our application in the second week of May. If everything goes well, we'll get our CoPRs by October. From the previous posts, I understand that we can land within one year from the medicals. So, technically, the last day to land for us will be Feb 21st. When we had done the med exams, we didn't know about that. My question is that: Can we re-do the medical exam next week before we submit our application so that we can extend our landing time from Feb to May? (I have some unfinished business)

If it is not possible, can I stay for a few days and then return to the US to finish my business? In that case, can my wife (dependent) stay in Canada and wait for the PR?

Thank you very much
you would have to request CIC for extension giving a valid reason else they will not entertain your​ request. If they accept your request, then they can either extend your medical or ask you to resubmit the medicals.
Option 2 is feasible
You land within your deadline. Stay in Canada, get your PR card and leave for US and then come back. Your wife is also a PR, she can stay in Canada with or without you as long as she is a valid PR.
If you have to leave within a few days then you need to ask your spouse to courier you your PR card before you enter in Canada else you will need to get a travel document from local embassy in US ( which is also a lot of effort)

Sudhar25

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hi friends!

My CRS is 352 as a couple applicant, whereas it is 376 as single applicant.

My question is if I get lucky with a job offer (NOC2132: Mechanical engineer/Automobile engineer) - gives me 50pts OR if i get a nomination from any other province - gives me 600pts, shall I include my spouse into the EE profile? till then i will try my luck as a single applicant?

Will this work out? Because my spouse and myself are OK with either option. If she gets a PR along with me its a bonus for us. If not I shall move first and bring her through spouse sponsorship.

Could anyone help me with this? I need to create my EE profile today?

Urgent.

Thanking in anticipation.

bossofbees

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi, I have a question regarding PCC. I am originally from Nepal and have lived in China (5 years study), Georgia (5 days visit) and Qatar (2 years and ongoing). Do I have to submit PCC for all these countries or just my home country? Thanks

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
bossofbees said:
Hi, I have a question regarding PCC. I am originally from Nepal and have lived in China (5 years study), Georgia (5 days visit) and Qatar (2 years and ongoing). Do I have to submit PCC for all these countries or just my home country? Thanks
You have to provide PCCs for each n every country in which you had stayed for >6 months.

No need to provide PCC if the stay was <6 months. Just mention it in the travel history

bossofbees

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017
NOC Code......
jpv2212 said:
You have to provide PCCs for each n every country in which you had stayed for >6 months.

No need to provide PCC if the stay was <6 months. Just mention it in the travel history
Thanks. And do I have to scan the visa and stamp pages of my old passport?

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
bossofbees said:
Thanks. And do I have to scan the visa and stamp pages of my old passport?
Yes. It's better to provide as much info as you can in your application to avoid unnecessary delays.

Better to be safe than sorry, isn't it? :)