+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
vishalg said:
Joint account with siblings and parents is not allowed. Visit the bank and change the ownership to your wife only. Once that happens, your wife will be the legal owner of the account and the funds in it.
I feel really stressed now because we have two weeks left to submit our application and I am not sure how we could solve this joint bank issue. Her sister lives in a different state and it's not possible for them to go to the bank together and remove her from the joint account. I thought a self-deceleration letter signed by her sister would be enough since it has been my wife's salary account during the past three years or so and her sister never uses the account. I'm not sure what we can do in such a short period of time :-[ Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
babilon said:
I feel really stressed now because we have two weeks left to submit our application and I am not sure how we could solve this joint bank issue. Her sister lives in a different state and it's not possible for them to go to the bank together and remove her from the joint account. I thought a self-deceleration letter signed by her sister would be enough since it has been my wife's salary account during the past three years or so and her sister never uses the account. I'm not sure what we can do in such a short period of time :-[ Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
I am surprised that salary account is a joint one ( not sure how it works at your location). However, when you ask for the letter, if the bank only provides your spouse's name on it, you're good to go. A self declaration may work but consider a scenario which CIC may think that if in future your spouse's sister claim that it is her money or ask ask for her share. You cannot prove it unless you have a legal document claiming that all belongs to your spouse.
In one of my accounts ( joint with spouse), the bank mentioned only my name ( I am primary account holder and she is a joint holder). Try asking for a single name ownership on the letter

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
babilon said:
If you are from India, State bank of India sometimes issues bank balance certificates on the name of the primary account holder only. If in your case, your bank provides such a document, then you are good to go. Ask your bank first about this. Otherwise it'd be safer to remove the name of spouse's sister from that account (if it's allowed by bank).

Hanymostafa88

Apr 25, 2017
Hello,
I just recieved my WES ECA report, it says Bachelor's degree (4 years. Major : pharmaceutical science.
I saw on the website that pharmaceutical science is considered a professional degree not just bachelor's.
Which on should i choose?

Bayparc

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Hi Guys,
I want to write some LOE but I am confused as to how to write one or if there's a specific pattern or format. Can anyone help with a format of writing LOE?

I will appreciate any help. Thanks

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Bayparc said:
Hi Guys,
I want to write some LOE but I am confused as to how to write one or if there's a specific pattern or format. Can anyone help with a format of writing LOE?

I will appreciate any help. Thanks
There is no such format required for LoE.
However, if you want to have one, you can write it as below.

Dear sir/madam,

Greetings of the day.

This is to your kind notice about the Express Entry profile of (Candidate name) (Express Entry Profile No.: _________). Herewith, the explanation is given regarding the case profile of the same.

Kindly do needful.

Appreciate your kind support and co-operation.

Thanking you.
Regards,
(Your name)

Date:

Hope it helps.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I would remove the excessive obsequiousness. Business letters in the US and Canada are far more direct, and you don't need to be as elaborately formal as in India.

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam,

SUB: Explanation for Source of Funds (or whatever your LOE is about)

(Brief explanation. Keep it succinct, and avoid trying to explain too much. If you like, write it and post it here, and we can help you edit.)

Sincerely,
(Your name)

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The Indian idea of professional writing is very different from the Western world's idea of professional writing.

The phrase "Kindly do the needful" in particular sticks out like a sore thumb, and is often the cause of much hilarity here - it's associated with things like Apu from the Simpsons and low quality outsourcing.

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings here, and I'm sure CIC doesn't really care as they must be getting letters from all over the world, with every kind of cultural nuance. However, if you're planning to live in Canada, it wouldn't hurt to learn their way of doing things.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
21Goose said:
The Indian idea of professional writing is very different from the Western world's idea of professional writing.

The phrase "Kindly do the needful" in particular sticks out like a sore thumb, and is often the cause of much hilarity here - it's associated with things like Apu from the Simpsons and low quality outsourcing.

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings here, and I'm sure CIC doesn't really care as they must be getting letters from all over the world, with every kind of cultural nuance. However, if you're planning to live in Canada, it wouldn't hurt to learn their way of doing things.
A very nice way to criticise other people who really tries to be helpful to someone else!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hey jpv - I'm really not trying to criticize you personally! This right here is an example of cultural nuance :) I thought I wrote a brief reply, you read it as an insult. However, please believe that I'm not trying to be curt or rude. If we were speaking face to face you'd know I was being friendly, but tone is a hard thing to convey.

I apologize if I offended you.

Friends ?

:)

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
21Goose said:
Hey jpv - I'm really not trying to criticize you personally! This right here is an example of cultural nuance :) I thought I wrote a brief reply, you read it as an insult. However, please believe that I'm not trying to be curt or rude. If we were speaking face to face you'd know I was being friendly, but tone is a hard thing to convey.

I apologize if I offended you.

Friends ?

:)
Not at all, my friend. (Yes, of course, here we all are friends)

Apologies if I sounded rude. :)

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
vishalg said:
I am surprised that salary account is a joint one ( not sure how it works at your location). However, when you ask for the letter, if the bank only provides your spouse's name on it, you're good to go. A self declaration may work but consider a scenario which CIC may think that if in future your spouse's sister claim that it is her money or ask ask for her share. You cannot prove it unless you have a legal document claiming that all belongs to your spouse.
In one of my accounts ( joint with spouse), the bank mentioned only my name ( I am primary account holder and she is a joint holder). Try asking for a single name ownership on the letter
Thanks vishalq and jpv! Your advises are greatly appreciated!!!!!!! We live in the U.S. It was an account that they happened to open when they were students. And my wife has continued using the same account since then. We'll talk to the bank (Bank of America) today and ask about our options but if they don't provide a letter with my wife's name on it only:

1. Can we attach the bank statements which show the salary transfers to my wife's name ? We can get a gift deed from the sister to show that she won't claim the money.

2. Can my wife transfer the money to my account and provide a gift deed?

3. If the second case is acceptable, I suppose we need to get a gift deed from her sister too, right?

I'm sorry for all of these questions and truly appreciate your further advise.

Thank you

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
babilon said:
Thanks vishalq and jpv! Your advises are greatly appreciated!!!!!!! We live in the U.S. It was an account that they happened to open when they were students. And my wife has continued using the same account since then. We'll talk to the bank (Bank of America) today and ask about our options but if they don't provide a letter with my wife's name on it only:

1. Can we attach the bank statements which show the salary transfers to my wife's name ? We can get a gift deed from the sister to show that she won't claim the money.
This might work but not with a simple declaration but a legal
2. Can my wife transfer the money to my account and provide a gift deed?

3. If the second case is acceptable, I suppose we need to get a gift deed from her sister too, right?

I'm sorry for all of these questions and truly appreciate your further advise.

Thank you
option 2 is a simpler choice. Gift Deed with donor being your spouse and her sister.